PDA

View Full Version : My Dining Reviews for 8/10-8/15

julyjewel
08-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Here is a list of quick reviews:

Pecos Bill's- This was the first time we ate here. It wasn't hard finding a seat and it was nice to sit in some a/c. I had the taco salad everytime because I just didn't want to eat burgers the whole time. My kids did eat the burgers but boy did they love the grapes you can get with a kids meal. I would highly recommend Pecos. :thumbsup:

1900 Park Fare Dinner- This was our first character experience. The food was great. It was so nice to eat outside of the parks. We took our time and the characters were great too. Prince Charming moves a little too fast. The desserts were quite good as well. This is a great way to see characters without having to stand in a line. I also highly recommend it!:thumbsup:

Akershus Princess Breakfast- Loved the food. What a beautiful place to eat. I like that the picture is also included in the price. I didn't care much for the cheese potatoes but our server was wonderful. We had seconds of eggs and sausage, with hardly any wait. We got to see: Mary Poppins, Mulan, Aurora, Jasmine, photo taken with Belle. Jasmine was great and oh so pretty! She really took her time with the kids and didn't ask them the same questions you might here over and over. In fact, she remembered us at a character greet later that day. At the breakfast, she said she hoped we stop by and see her again with Aladdin. Nice atmosphere and not as loud as you may think with having little kids there.:cloud9:

Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner- We did this character dinner to see what is what really like. I had heard so many mixed reviews, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. It did NOT taste like a frozen tv dinner as I have heard others say. In fact, we loved it! Our waitor was a little slow and he seemed to disappear at times but the characters were great. We got some cute pics! At one point, Goofy scared me! I was sitting there and not paying attention and he snuck up beside me and I jumped. I loved the atmosphere and am glad that we get to do this one more time in December. Just because the Stouffers sponsors it, doesn't mean it tastes like frozen food.:thumbsup:

Electric Umbrella- We stopped here and had burgers one evening. It wasn't all that great but when you're hungry, it will due. I think I got spoiled by the TS this time and didn't care to do much CS.

Chef Mickey's Breakfast: This was cute but I really don't know as if my family will ever do it again. Characters were great but I didn't care for the selection of food quite as much as I did Akershus (buffet section). Our waiter was great. Constantly checking in on us and making sure our glasses were full. The wait staff were always on their toes. However, we didn't get our photo done. We checked in, they gave us our beeper and that was it. We thought they did it differently at Akershus. Then we were buzzed and we went right to our table. Nobody mentioned anything about taking a picture and really we were fine with that.

I hope these reviews helps. These are only my opinions and do not reflect the views of other memebers of Intercot.:blush:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the reviews.

ljv1975
08-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks for your reviews! We have eaten at many of the places you did.

We also really enjoyed the meal at Liberty Tree. I was upset to hear that they won't be having the characters at dinner next year.

Pecos Bill and 1900 Park Fare are places that I plan on trying next time, and I was glad to see your positive reviews of them since we seem to agree on the other restaurants you wrote about!