PDA

View Full Version : FastPass & Baby Swap/Switch Off

LeeAnn
08-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Can you use both FastPass and Baby Swap/Switch Off?

As in Test Track, can use FastPass and return at that time and when it comes to going on the ride we switch w/ some of the kids.

Is Baby Swap/Switch Off only @ Regular Standby lines?

Do all rides have this option?

BODMD
08-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Yes you can. Just go to the Fastpass line at your appointed time and show them you have children that can not ride. They will give you a stroller swap. Once you have ridden the ride, your spouse can then ride it. There are 2 great things about this: 1. When you return for stroller swap you enter fastpass line - minimal wait. 2. Up to 3 people can ride the ride using stroller swap. For us it works great. We have 3 children (1 is an infant). Our oldest 2 can ride with me and then ride it again later with my wife. Also with the stroller swap, there is no time or date listed. Technically, you could come back later that day or on another day and use it then. :mickey:

ParkMan
08-20-2008, 09:23 AM
We've done this many times. Our kids are 1.5 years apart, so the oldest always gets to go twice.

I have to give Disney a big thumbs up - this is a great program!

theyoungs07
08-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Does the stroller swap work differently on fastpass rides? I thought I read somewhere that for non-fastpass rides you have to keep the kids in line with you to the ride itself and then the person you're swapping with would hand the kids off and take the next ride.

If this is the case for non-Fastpass then it surely isn't convenient if you have to wait in line with all the kids for a ride that could be scary, as well as the time. I have 5 small children and if we have to do this it'll severely limit the amount I can use this. Noone will want to be near us as we corral kids through the queue :blush:

We went to Cedar Point in 2005 and they had a separate line (basically the handicap line) that the second person would go through, that worked great because one could go in line for the ride and one could wander or ride kid rides with the little ones, then go back later.

I hope that Disney's program isn't worse than CP's.

ParkMan
08-20-2008, 01:07 PM
In the non-FP lines, we always stayed together.

Basically, we'd go through the line, one person would keep the baby/child while the other rides.

Then when you got off, we'd switch.

For us, it worked great - it was a good way for us to stay together as a group while we waited in line for a non-FP ride.

I can't say if they make exceptions to this.

kakn7294
08-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Just ask the nearest CM at the entrance to the attraction how baby swap works at that particular attraction as there are some variations. You will be able to use both baby swap and FastPass at any FastPass attraction. In fact, at many of the FP attractions, that's how you baby swap - the second rider and up to 3 additional riders are given a pass to enter the ride through the FP line when the first party has completed their ride.

KAT1811
08-20-2008, 01:23 PM
We never had to wait in line with the children. Imagine having a 3 year old wait in line for Splash Mountain just to tell her when she gets to the front she's too short to ride! How cruel. We just informed the first CM we encountered that we would be using the baby swap option and they would take care of everything from there. Most of the rides you will be using the swap for have CMs posted at the ride's entrance. Then one of us waited in line while the other stayed with the children and then we switched off. Most of the time there is a fast pass line and that is the line you go back into. Once they had us (quite a few years ago) wait at Test Track's exit and go back in that way but ever since that we have just gone into the FP line with a special ticket. Good luck!

Main Street Jim
08-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, every attraction works a little bit different, so it's best to just ask a Cast Member out front. MOST of the attractions that guests need a swap for, are the height-requirement attractions; not necessarily the FastPass attractions (for example, you wouldn't need a swap on Livin' with the Land ;D).

For example, at the Tomorrowland Speedway:

There's child swap, and there's parent swap. Our minimum height to ride ALONE is 52". Kids under that height can still drive the car, with an adult or another child tall enough to reach the pedals.

We also require that children be at least 12 months of age to ride with parents, because they need to be able to sit up on their own.

FOR CHILD SWAP: Let's say Mom, Dad, and three kids, all of which are not tall enough to ride alone. Mom can take one child, Dad the other two, but we'll let the entire family take two laps, and swap off drivers (the two kids with Dad) after the first lap. They don't even have to get out of the car; we swap just before they reach the unload zone.

FOR PARENT SWAP: Let's say Mom, Dad, and two kids - one about 5 years old; the other, a young infant of say, 8 months - would like to ride. Mom would take Junior (or Juniorette :D) through the line and ride while Dad waits with said infant. When Mom comes back, parents switch out with big brother, and we'll let them back in through our wheelchair entrance; they don't have to wait through the entire line again. All you have to do is let our CM out front know that you want to do a Parent Swap (which is different than a Child Swap) BEFORE riding the first time; we don't take too kindly to guests just letting themselves in through our gates ;).

Anyways...point is...just ask the CM out front how your particular situation works :thumbsup:

theyoungs07
08-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Thank you for the replies, I agree KAT1811...that would be unpleasent.

It sounds like Disney has something similar to what I've used before...which is great!

GaDisneyGal
08-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Yes, we did this on most of the Fast Pass rides that my DD(3)couldn't go on, but that both my husband and I both wanted to experience with our DS(7). :coaster:

Imagineer1981
08-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Just remember on many of the "thrill" rides like Space Mountain, EE, etc. you will not be able to bring any child who does not meet the height requirements into the attraction or into the line. So if you want to baby swap, you have to wait outside