PDA

View Full Version : Dining snafu

tinksmom02
08-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Grr...on a lark tonight I called wdw-dine to see about getting another ADR for our trip next month (Mark's aunts are joining us for a day). Was able to get Teppen Edo, late lunch, no problem.

What WAS a problem was when I asked the CM to run through all my ADR's and they have the wrong date for Crystal Palace!! It was supposed to be 9/18; they had 9/19. I KNOW I booked for thursday, as we're leaving Friday and I already have a lunch that day, in Epcot. And of course there's no availability now.

The CM tried her best and after a long time on hold (she kept coming back on the line to reassure me she was still there) connected me to someone from Dinehelp. By now it's after 10pm so obviously there's nothing she can do, but she did promise to work on it tomorrow and will call me back. I mentioned that the time wasn't that important, we'd take breakfast anytime that day, thinking my flexibility might help?

I'm just really bummed, but trying to be optimistic. Will let you know how it works out. Thanks for letting me vent.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-19-2008, 11:00 PM
I am so sorry! That is rotten :mad:

I wish I had some great advice for you, but I will keep my fingers :fingers: that you get a CP time, hopefully they will be able to get you sorted out.

Is there any way you could do CP on Friday, and change your lunch, if you had to?

Again, I have nightmares about Disney messing up my ADR's so I understand 100% your frustration!!!

Natazu
08-20-2008, 02:22 AM
My condolences. I can tell you from experience, when a customer service CM says they'll work on something and call you, you can be sure they mean it.

maxrebo77
08-20-2008, 05:34 AM
Happened to me too. They had me eating two places at the same time. It got fixed with one call though.
I wouldn't worry. They will do their best to make you happy.
What is Dinehelp?

brownie
08-20-2008, 10:03 AM
That's a bummer; hopefully they can work something out for you. It's good you checked on them now instead of finding out when you showed up at the Crystal Palace.

Rekenna
08-20-2008, 10:26 AM
That stinks, I always am paranoid about something like that happening to our ADR's. It will work out okay-try not to be too bummed. Gotta go-I'm going to check on my ADR's too!:mickey:

MMouse6937
08-20-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm starting to get a little paranoid too about our ADRs especially during free dining. I often wonder what would happen if you showed up at the podium with the confirmation # and they didn't have you on the list. I guess they would try to accomodate you but don't have to. I just hope it never happens. Good luck to you, I hope it all works out!

tinksmom02
08-20-2008, 09:03 PM
My condolences. I can tell you from experience, when a customer service CM says they'll work on something and call you, you can be sure they mean it.

Well, I'm glad to hear that, Jym, because it's been almost 24 hours and I haven't heard from her yet. I'm trying to be patient, though, and she DID say she would call...

tinksmom02
08-20-2008, 09:07 PM
What is Dinehelp?

I have no idea...the original CM kept saying she was trying to get a supervisor...

That's a bummer; hopefully they can work something out for you. It's good you checked on them now instead of finding out when you showed up at the Crystal Palace.

I usually check on my ADR's a week before we leave, so I would've known before we got there, but a week out would've left me in an even tighter spot than I'm in now!

TheRustyScupper
08-21-2008, 10:35 AM
. . . I often wonder what would happen if you showed up at the podium with the confirmation # and they didn't have you on the list . . .!

1) Normally they say there is no ressie number.
2) If not busy, they will let you wait for a table - no time limit stated.
3) If busy, they recommend other places to eat.

NOTE: Lots of people show up claiming to have a ressie and "someone" goofed. The podium people hear this all the time, especially at popular eateries.

Lizzie
08-21-2008, 12:12 PM
I would keep calling and checking. Even when you get there. We couldn't get an earlier reservation once for Kona Cafe by calling. But we showed up earlier taking a chance and they seated us no problem.