PDA

View Full Version : DHS ... I KNOW it will rain

PittFan
08-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Every single time I have been at DHS (MGM) it has rained. Actually it has poured! This is the ONLY park that I have been in when it rained. I know that it rains alot in FLA, but whether it is coincidence or pure luck, I have never gotten rained on in ANY other park. My family started calling me Schleprock .. the character from the Flintstones with the rain cloud always above his head, when I'm going to DHS because of my track record. :funny: I am not kidding, EVERY TIME I have been to DHS we have gotten rain. Just wondered if somthing similar has happened to anyone else. It's kind of comical. BTW, I'll be at DHS on 8/25 , 8/30, 9/1. Be sure you bring your rain gear!!! :rain:

KEDOGN
08-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Well, we'll be there Saturday and from the looks of the forcast, thank you FAY, we're gonna get wet also!

Crazy thing is, we live in Lacey, WA and we have to put up with the jokes and comments about the rain in Washington State... yet this weekend is supposed to be hot and beautiful here in Lacey... and we're gonna get soaked to the bone in Florida... the Sunshine State :) Ironic, dontcha think? :)

LauraleeH
08-19-2008, 07:57 PM
It seems to rain almost every time I go to Disney.

I move a lot, and it has rained every single time we move. The entire weekend. The last move (April 2008) was amazing because it was supposed to rain but never did. The "curse" must have been broken ;)

JasonH
08-19-2008, 11:38 PM
It's funny how you mention about going to one specific park and it rains everytime you go to that one park. Well join the club!! The last few years I've gone to WDW, it always rains in one shape or form when I go to AK. And I mean EVERY TIME! :laughing: So you're not the only one it happens to. :D

maxrebo77
08-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Have never been able to spend a day at Blizzard Beach. Thunderstorms 3 times. You start to feel like you are ruining it for everyone else.
Be forewarned, I am going there next month.:secret:

sardanem
08-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Glad I will be at DHS on the 28th. Maybe it won't rain that day. LOL.

Lisa:mickey:

IamBelle
08-20-2008, 09:41 AM
It has never rained for us at DHS. AK, well that's another story! (We almost got struck by lightning on the way to the car!)

mcjaco
08-20-2008, 10:40 AM
That's the best time to take in a show, or see the Walt Disney exhibit.

I'm in the same boat, it always rains when I go there too. I'd rather be rained on at a Disney park, than at home though! :mickey:

laprana
08-20-2008, 10:40 AM
:funny: I had to laugh when I read your post because you sound so much like my sister! It rains every time she goes to Epcot! When we're on WDW trips together, she always reminds me to bring my poncho on the days we go to Epcot, and we usually do need them!

Pop Centurion
08-20-2008, 11:02 AM
We will be at DHS on 9/1 also. Please don't bring the rain with you, that's my birthday. :nono:

tinklover
08-20-2008, 11:18 AM
I am in the same boat. I have now been told i am not longer allowed in epcot by my family. becasue every time i go it rains. i plan on sneaking in though to see if the curse has been broken lol.

obsessive planner
08-20-2008, 01:37 PM
We will also be there on 9/1 but I don't care if it rains, we will still have a blast!

TheRustyScupper
08-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Every single time I have been at DHS (MGM) it has rained. Actually it has poured!

1) It is not rain.
2) It is a Hollywood illusion.
3) It is special effects.
4) Just take out your special effects poncho.

sacandjac
08-20-2008, 03:34 PM
It always rains on us when we go to AK. I'm starting to think that it's Disney watering all those plants or giving the animals a drink of water. We always make sure we have ponchos when we go to AK-it's not bad because Kali River Rapids drowns us anyway!!:mop:

Goes4FastPass
08-20-2008, 04:21 PM
This topic is so encouraging to me.

We regularly have rain when we visit WDW but to hear others tell it, it NEVER rains at WDW. Tinkerbell spreads a giant magical umbrella over all 42 square miles and no guest ever feels a drop - except when we're there.

SInce it seems we're always there on Tink's day off I simply use my four-fold plan

Umbrella
Waterproof carrier for cash and Room/MYW cards
Quick drying clothes (NEVER denim)
Sandals
Then rain or not, I'm zippity-doo-dah.

PittFan
08-20-2008, 04:24 PM
That's the best time to take in a show, or see the Walt Disney exhibit.

I'm in the same boat, it always rains when I go there too. I'd rather be rained on at a Disney park, than at home though! :mickey:

:ditto:

rhonda16
08-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Every single time I have been at DHS (MGM) it has rained. Actually it has poured! This is the ONLY park that I have been in when it rained. I know that it rains alot in FLA, but whether it is coincidence or pure luck, I have never gotten rained on in ANY other park. My family started calling me Schleprock .. the character from the Flintstones with the rain cloud always above his head, when I'm going to DHS because of my track record. :funny: I am not kidding, EVERY TIME I have been to DHS we have gotten rain. Just wondered if somthing similar has happened to anyone else. It's kind of comical. BTW, I'll be at DHS on 8/25 , 8/30, 9/1. Be sure you bring your rain gear!!! :rain:

whew - We arrive on 9/1 but we're going to Epcot that day.

For all you guys who get rained on at Epcot, could you PLEASE not go there on 9/1. Thank You.

Rhonda

Imagineer1981
08-21-2008, 12:45 PM
funny enough, Florida is a desert state based on its annual rainfall, it just always seems to rain during peak travel times

PittFan
08-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Went shopping for a nice compact umbrella today. Found one that fits in a fanny pack! Now that I have one it probably WON"T rain !!! :laughing: At least I'm hoping this changes my luck.

ilvdisney
08-23-2008, 01:56 PM
This happens to us every time we go to Epcot!! We were in Disney August 4th - 14th and while we packed the ponchos we never had to use them. It rained twice for 20 mins when we were at Epcot (of course!) the same day and once for 20 mins at MK - that's all! We were very lucky as it usually rains every afternoon!

PittFan
08-31-2008, 10:33 AM
The streak has continued. So far we have had rain both days we were at DHS. We did manage to get FANTASMIC in before it started pouring again. :laughing: I warned everyone to bring an umbrella, you think they listened? :nope:

PittFan
09-10-2008, 06:31 PM
:woohoo: I am proud to report that on 9/1/2009 the streak was broken !!! :joy:

smiles_rock
09-11-2008, 12:44 PM
I was thinking of you guys that night! I was a little worried knowing your history since we were going to DHS too. I had visions of torrential downpours but it ended up being a really great night. I hope you really enjoyed yourselves, that night was a blast for us!

PittFan
09-11-2008, 12:58 PM
:woohoo: I am proud to report that on 9/1/2009 the streak was broken !!! :joy:

I was so excited I got ahead of myself... I meant 9/1/2008

It was a great day. Thanks smiles_rock, glad you enjoyed the day as well.