PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo?

LuvsTigger80
08-19-2008, 11:05 AM
So this is our 2nd trip but 1st time with the dining plan. We've decided to try Teppan Edo. The food sounds good. How is it?

thumperbug
08-19-2008, 11:37 AM
It is wonderful. We ate there right after they re-opened. We didn't have the most animated of chefs at our Hibachi, but the food was excellant. My son gots a kids meal with tempura shrimp and chicken and he even ate that.

Watch out for the alcoholic beverages. The menu for those is as long as the dinner menu and they are strong. I had two and was sliding off my stool.

You won't be disappointed with the food or the service.

joonyer
08-19-2008, 12:14 PM
This restaurant is a lot of fun. And the food is very good also. Like at any Japanese Steakhouse (Hibachi-style, like BeniHana) your food is cooked fresh right in front of you and most of the chefs are very entertaining as they prepare and cook your meal. My kids are sometimes picky eaters, but they loved it.
We like to get there a little early and explore the Mitsukoshi Department Store which is part of the Japanese Pavilion while we wait for our beeper to buzz. It's very interesting and I almost guarantee you'll find something you want to buy in there.

henry.james.s
08-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Outstanding!! Honestly my favorite at Epcot. I was there the week they re-opened and again last April. The whole experience is first class.
It's on my list for December along with Tokyo dining. :number1:

LuvsTigger80
08-19-2008, 01:30 PM
glad we chose to do it. now i can't wait to eat there. only 161 days to go. :)

MickeyChick
08-19-2008, 04:00 PM
We did this in January and I wouldn't do it again. The food was good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't anything different from our local hibachi place. Well, at our local place the chef is from Japan. Our chef in Epcot told us he is Hawaiian.

We had a 1 pm ADR and waited an hour for our table. They only have, maybe, 20 tables that seat 10 people. While that sounds like a lot, with hibachi, it's a meal and a show and it takes a long time so there isn't the quick table turnover you get at other restaurants. If you're like me, you don't want to waste more than 2 hours on a table service meals.

And while we waited for our table, my young sons were so bored, they started playing hide and seek with the service staff.

RALPH
08-19-2008, 07:29 PM
We are scheduled to eat there tomorrow at 4;30...if our flight does not get messed up!

Maleficent's Dad
08-19-2008, 07:57 PM
We are scheduled to eat there tomorrow at 4;30...if our flight does not get messed up!
Ralph,
You and I will be crossing paths in the next few days!
Not only am I also flying in tomorrow, we're eating at Edo's at 3:30.
If you tell me you're staying at the Boardwalk as well, I'll :faint:

AmandaChan
08-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Ate there in May for the first time. They don't offer any salad/soup as most hibachis do but it was a great experience. I got the Ueno (chicken and shrimp) and it was delicious. Got the cherry blossom martini and mount fuji. Would skip out on the martinis - they're really small for a typical serving. Other than that we had a great experience. :thumbsup:

RALPH
08-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Ralph,
You and I will be crossing paths in the next few days!
Not only am I also flying in tomorrow, we're eating at Edo's at 3:30.
If you tell me you're staying at the Boardwalk as well, I'll :faint:

Frank, If you look out your window across Crescent lake to the YC, I will be there. If you see a guy at Teppan Edo with very short hair wearing a WDW 25th anniversary t shirt that will be me. I always wear that on arrival day. Stop up and say hi! Not to many people still have one of them... or still fit in it!

henry.james.s
08-20-2008, 12:53 AM
They don't offer any salad/soup as most hibachis do but it was a great experience.

Soups & Salads were on the menu on my last visit.
Miso Soup & Japanese Clear Soup (fish based soup)
Garden Salad,Tofu Salad or Seaweed Salad (choice of dressing Ginger, Creamy Sesame or Oriental)

Natazu
08-20-2008, 02:11 AM
Teppan Edo (Table Service) ☺☺☺☻
Teppanyaki grills don’t really do it for me as a method of dining. I don’t need singing shrimp, onion volcanoes, or Japanese egg rolls to make my meal complete. The service is rarely exceptional and the food is usually overpriced. Teppan Edo is no different. The do have great sushi, but, if you have a great Japanese steakhouse at home, eat there and save the Disney meal slot for something you can’t get on a random Tuesday next door to the local pet store.

bruin1344
08-20-2008, 01:34 PM
one of my favorite restaurants in disney, i love the food