PDA

View Full Version : CBR vs POR - Which is better with a 2 yr old?

poohshoneybeejr
08-18-2008, 08:08 PM
My husband and I are taking our 2 yr old son on his 2nd WDW vacation and are staying at CBR. We stayed at POR in November and really liked but wanted to try something new. Our room was close to the Food Court and to the main bus stop but we cannot get a preferred room at CBR. Any thoughts? :mickey:

WRWDisney
08-18-2008, 08:24 PM
If they are done when you are there, I think any two year old would love staying in one of the new Finding Nemo rooms in the CBR. :thumbsup:

Have a great trip.

DumboMom
08-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I would say POR. CBR is really nice but if you are not lucky to be near the food court it could be a long trip with an unhappy child. POR has a quick walk from most spots in the resort, a great playground and pool. :mickey:

Mousemates
08-18-2008, 10:28 PM
I'd say POR, if for no other reason than the fact that CBR is kind of spread out...which might be a drag if you end up far away from food/fun and are carrying a tired two year old.

Tinkerbella16
08-19-2008, 07:30 AM
I would go with POR. I have stayed at both CBR and POR and I must say that POR is my fave. Both resorts are a bit spread out, but CBR is more spread out than Riverside is. I think everything about POR is amazing, and I love the rooms. Last year we were kind of far from the foodcourt, but had a bus stop right outside of our building. Whenever we wanted to go to the foodcourt after the parks, we just got off at the first bus stop at the main building.

#1donaldfan
08-19-2008, 01:01 PM
I'd say POR 'cause it's more condensed and more centrally designed....:mickey:

Wishmaker
08-19-2008, 09:06 PM
I didn't read any othe response before giving mine, so if it is a repeat I apologize. I have stayed at both. Love them they are beautiful. However, CB is HUGE and alot of walking. THe only way I would ever stay there again is if I was guarenteed a room right by the food court. At this resort you have to be careful picking a preferred room. That also means pool view. Each section has a pool, 6 in all. Agian they are both beautiful. I hope you enjoy whatever you choose.

minnie-mouse
08-23-2008, 07:22 AM
I would say POR. CBR is really nice but if you are not lucky to be near the food court it could be a long trip with an unhappy child. :mickey:

I have to disagree. We were there recently w our 2 yr old DD and she walked to the food court from the Jamaica bldg every day and loved it! She loved walking over the bridge and feeding the ducks. CBR is a great place for kids that age. Fun atmospheree, good food court, tons of playgrounds, pools, and beaches.

GoldenDreams
08-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Both resorts are very nice. We also really like POFQ. For me this question comes down to how you feel about sand. At CBR you are definitely going to be dealing with sand. This is GREAT with a 2-year-old as long as you are okay with it.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
08-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Will you be bringing your stroller from home or renting in the parks? If you have a stroller the walking at either would not be to much of a problem. Our family has stayed at both a number of times and we like both - however we are more fond of POR. We always stay as far from the "bustle" of the food court area as we can, we love the walk over in the morning to the "wheel" for coffee and breakfast.

25 visits and more on the way.

Mickey378
08-23-2008, 04:14 PM
we've stayed at both and I gotta go with CBR. It is a little more spread out, but I like that CBR has smaller pools in each "country". The main pool is usually crowded and with a 2 year old it was nice to just relax pool side almost by ourselves. There are also small playgrounds near each country that are usually deserted.The further you are away from the main house and pool area it's usually quieter, which helps with nap time.:thumbsup: