PDA

View Full Version : After 4pm or half day tickets?

USCTinkerbell
08-18-2008, 03:42 PM
I am going to :ack:Seaworld:ack: next weeks for three days with family and have to be honest and say i'm not looking forward to it. I really want to go to Disney since we are staying in a resort outside of Downtown Disney.

Is there a way to get a half day ticket? i know sometimes people in conferences are offered the tickets at a special price. I have to have my Disney fix. We are 4 months today away from our Christmas WDW vacation!:minnie:

Also, are there any kinds of shuttles that run from DD to Seaworld and other parks?

Imagineer1981
08-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Yuck, 3 days at Sea World...

anyways...Mears does shuttle buses but it depends where you stay. You might be best taking a taxi.

Jasper
08-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Unless I have missed something along the way, I am not aware of any official half day tickets. Also, all tickets to Disney World are non-transferable. So even if you find someone who has been given a cheap ticket at a seminar you would still not be able to use it. Unfortunately the only thing to do is to try to convince the rest of your party to do a day at Disney. Good luck!

USCTinkerbell
08-18-2008, 03:53 PM
LOL..thank you. I really feel the same way! Orlando means Disney not the other stinky parks!:mickey:

Yuck, 3 days at Sea World...

anyways...Mears does shuttle buses but it depends where you stay. You might be best taking a taxi.

USCTinkerbell
08-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Nope, unfortunately they won't do it. I know they had an after 4pm to Epcot but it's only for Florida residents and I beleive it's an ap and not individual ticket.

Unless I have missed something along the way, I am not aware of any official half day tickets. Also, all tickets to Disney World are non-transferable. So even if you find someone who has been given a cheap ticket at a seminar you would still not be able to use it. Unfortunately the only thing to do is to try to convince the rest of your party to do a day at Disney. Good luck!

Imagineer1981
08-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I find when I can't go to the parks, that DD or Boardwalk/YC/BC are nice alternatives because at least I can soak up the environment of Disney

USCTinkerbell
08-18-2008, 04:23 PM
That is one thing I am looking forward to. I can wander in the Wolrd of Disney Store and feel like I'm in Main Street looking in a store. has anyone ever gotten the grab bags at the under $10.00 store in DD? They have really cool stuff in it and it's always merchandise over $10.00 worth and only 5.99(or at least as of last Labor Day).

I find when I can't go to the parks, that DD or Boardwalk/YC/BC are nice alternatives because at least I can soak up the environment of Disney

TheRustyScupper
08-18-2008, 04:48 PM
1) Conferences in Orlando and/or at WDW can get
. . . full day tickets at a discount
. . . after 12:00noon tickets at a bigger discount
. . . after 2:00pm tickets at an even bigger discount
2) Availability is really not a problem.
. . . available in the lobby of any convention hotel
. . . available at convention sign-in table or common hallway

NOTE: There are ticket brokers at every convention in town. Based upon the convention, you may or may not have to be attending that convention/conference to buy such a ticket. Unless bought IN WDW at a concierge for a WDW convention, convention tickets are not person-specific, so if you buy one you can use it.

EditReject
08-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Also, are there any kinds of shuttles that run from DD to Seaworld and other parks?

If you are looking for a bargain, the Orlando LYNX bus #50 goes to Seaworld and has pick-up/drop-off locations at Downtown Disney Westside and the Ticket and Transportation Center. It runs every half hour and the last bus leaves Sea World at 10:10pm (just be sure you pick it up at the stop across where you are dropped off). I did this on my last trip as I had not been to Sea World in 19 years and it worked out great. Plus, it was just 85 cents each way!

I love Sea World but 3 days seems a bit much to me. I did everything in not even a full day there.

USCTinkerbell
08-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Thank you so much! That's what I was hoping for!

If you are looking for a bargain, the Orlando LYNX bus #50 goes to Seaworld and has pick-up/drop-off locations at Downtown Disney Westside and the Ticket and Transportation Center. It runs every half hour and the last bus leaves Sea World at 10:10pm (just be sure you pick it up at the stop across where you are dropped off). I did this on my last trip as I had not been to Sea World in 19 years and it worked out great. Plus, it was just 85 cents each way!

I love Sea World but 3 days seems a bit much to me. I did everything in not even a full day there.

peemagg
08-19-2008, 10:49 AM
I was curious how long did it take you to get to Seaworld using the Mears bus?

KAJUNKING
08-19-2008, 01:02 PM
another option is if one of the parties are going on at mk, they are cheaper than a full day ticket and allow you to get in the mk at 4pm and its a great time to go and enjoy the park