PDA

View Full Version : Cindy's Place

Insanity Clause
08-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Me, my DH, 2 DD and DS will be going to Cinderella's Royal Table and two of our friends will be coming with us. Now here is my question. We are all on the dining plan, but with Cinderella's Table I know that you usually have to prepay. How does this work with the Dining Plan. Do I give the registration number for both plans or how does this work.

KAT1811
08-18-2008, 01:48 PM
If you are on the DDP they will ask you for a credit card guarantee. They will not charge the card just hold the number in case of a no show. Then I believe the penalty is in the ball park of $10 - $20 per person on the reservation for a no show. WDW dining can confirm this and let you know of any changes that may have occured. We were there this past September and that is what they did for us.

Good luck!!! Remember to call on the 180th day starting just before 7:00am and keep redialing until someone answers. Cinderella's is the most popular meal in all of WDW!

Insanity Clause
08-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Thank you, that makes a lot more sense. I just couldn't figure that one out. This is only my second trip and the first staying on property with the Dining plan so I am still wrapping my mind around some of the details.

I definately will be on that phone in October to make the rez...

KAT1811
08-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Feel free to bounce any dining ideas off the boards. There are a ton of restaurants in WDW and getting feedback on them can be helpful in making decisions. We can also give you some suggestions you might like that you may not have come across. Have a great time!!!

thumperbug
08-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Today marks 180 days until my trip and I was on the phone with WDW Dine at 7:00 am. I was able to get lunch at the castle and dinner at chef mickeys but I can tell you that lunch for the castle was filling up fast. We are dining at the Castle on Tues Feb 17 and they only had 3 time slots left. We are a party of 3. Not sure if those were the only slots left overall or just for our party sized. But, either way, my DS is excited to eat lunch at the Castle.

We have done dinner there before but he wants to try lunch there and see the princesses even though he gets shy around them.

I am ok with that since he will be 7 soon and probably not likely to be too thrilled about seeing some of the characters much longer.

Insanity Clause
08-19-2008, 11:53 AM
We will be going in April so 180 will be in October and I am nervous about getting a table for our party...there will be 7 in all. DH, DD, DD, DS and myself plus my best friend and her husband. I just hope they will have openings.

KAT1811
08-19-2008, 02:47 PM
I missed it three years running until I started calling the dining line a few minutes before they opened (you'll get a recording telling you the lines are closed) and just kept redialing (like I was trying to win a radio contest) until someone picked up. Then that meal was the first I booked before moving on to my others. So even if you are planning to dine at CRT in the middle of your vacation book that meal first then move on from there.