PDA

View Full Version : Fay-Where are you GOING?

JanetMegan
08-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Man of all the times to have a trip to Florida planned. I'm supposed to head to Panama City Beach tomorrow morning around 9am and I just have no clue what do to about it. No one seems to agree on what direction it's headed...

tinklover
08-18-2008, 11:13 AM
yeah looking at teh projected path it is still too soon to see which way she will head . if she continues to bare to teh right she will hit the sothern west caost and head up teh east coast if she bares to teh left she is gonna hit the west coast. i would say just keep an eye on in later this afternoon and see if she has turned any at all

TINKERBELL_82
08-18-2008, 11:25 AM
We're getting ready here...:(

I just hope it stays a low category.:(

tinklover
08-18-2008, 11:38 AM
it looks liek she will stay a low cat . not much water to pass over form where she is to the mainland of south florida to give her some more speed.

Strmchsr
08-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Janet, PC should be on the western side of the storm, which tends to have a good bit less wind and rain. However, if you're going for vacation I'm not too sure the conditions will be great even though I doubt they'll be horrible. The models and NHC are all in pretty good agreement right now as to Fay coming ashore south of Tampa, then going up FL towards Jacksonville and on into GA. So, I think your PC trip should be fine in terms of nothing too bad, but you'll still be looking at some rain/thunderstorms.

murphy1
08-18-2008, 03:08 PM
The Tampa track has me a little concerned, my closest friends and family are there, but we don't get too bent unless it's a higher cat. I told them all come up here, but they might get more wind and such! Thanks Chris for the update!

Strmchsr
08-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Shari, as long as Fay follows the current forecast, everyone in Tampa will be fine. They'll be on the NW side of the storm which is the weaker side. Honestly, WDW could get rougher weather than Tampa.

Janet, check my forecast thread in the vacation planning forum. The models are starting to do goofy things with Fay like bringing her back across FL later this week and back into the Gulf (right across PC). Don't know that I buy that solution yet, but it's something to watch.

Given what I see on the latest model data and Fay's movements, your PC trip tomorrow will be absolutely fine.

JanetMegan
08-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Looks like a wet week in PCB!

Strmchsr
08-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Looks like a wet week in PCB!

Yeah, it's possible. It's looking more and more like Fay will become stationary off the FL Atlantic coast tomorrow due to a blocking ridge then several models are now suggesting that Fay will be forced back across northern FL and back into the Gulf so the end of this week could definitely be pretty wet in PC.

Lizzy
08-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Right now the projected path from all 3 news channels has it going straight through Melbourne/Palm Bay.

But it is staying only a Tropical Storm so, time off from work and school works for me!

DisneyDog
08-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Right now it's pretty much right on top of my old house in Naples. A just got an email from a friend and it doesn't sound nearly as bad as what the news is saying. Wind rain and debris in the road, but that is pretty much it. Sounds like a fast moving storm too. Hopefully it won't be more than that for your vacation.

Lizzy
08-21-2008, 11:01 AM
So Fay stalled out right on top of us. It wasn't so bad to start out with, so I went to work at the restaurant since I couldn't get through to my other job. While I was there, the water levels rose and my truck (Dodge Dakota) had trouble getting through the water on the streets. My truck is messed up from the water now, and I have to take it in. On my way home there were kids in a canoe rowing beside me and cracking up at the water I was spraying on them. The storm wasn't so bad but Palm Bay is under water. I can't get out to get to my other job now!

crazypoohbear
08-21-2008, 12:58 PM
So Fay stalled out right on top of us. On my way home there were kids in a canoe rowing beside me and cracking up at the water I was spraying on them. !

That would be a funny site if it weren't so serious. Good luck to all you people down there.

murphy1
08-21-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm really worried about my grandparents and one of my Uncles. They are in their 80's and live in Melbourne/Cocoa area, so far they are okay. They are saying that this thing could make 5 landfalls by the time it's done!

Ed
08-21-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure when or where she's going, but I wish she'd do it soon. It's been raining and windy here for three days now... this stuff is getting old. :mad:

Meerkat
08-21-2008, 09:52 PM
We are getting stir crazy after staying in the house for three days while Fay circles around us dumping tons of rain. Hopefully she will be gone by tomorrow night. Good Riddance!

WDWdriver
08-21-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm not sure when or where she's going, but I wish she'd do it soon. It's been raining and windy here for three days now... this stuff is getting old. :mad:

Hey, Ed
Aren't you supposed to be in Baltimore? You could be avoiding all this.

crazypoohbear
08-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Fay sounds like Florida's version of a Blizzard!

I've always wondered why hurricanes/tropical storms are named and Blizzards are not ?:confused:

Ed
08-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Hey, Ed
Aren't you supposed to be in Baltimore? You could be avoiding all this.

Tell that to Fay, please, Ron.... nasty old hag that she is, she cancelled my flight. Rescheduled for next week instead.

Strmchsr
08-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Tell that to Fay, please, Ron.... nasty old hag that she is, she cancelled my flight. Rescheduled for next week instead.

Just in time for Gustav. :D Seriously, I think you'll be fine on this one Ed. Actually, I think you could have gotten out of MCO on Wednesday before Fay hit if SWA had just gotten the flights going.