PDA

View Full Version : Long Time No See

Beach Club Babe
08-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Hello to all my fellow INTERCOTees who I haven't seen in a very long time! I have been MIA these past few months and it feels like an eternity. It has been a rough couple of months for me, starting with my Nana getting sick and eventually passing away 3 weeks ago. I was exceptionally close to her and losing her has been tough on us all. She was 93 years old and finally succumbed due to her 4th bout with cancer. She had survived for 28 years since her 1st bout. At the same time, I was getting my second oldest ready to go off to college way down in Florida. We just returned from dropping her off, so I'm a bit weepy over that as well. My youngest will start Kindergarten next week, and I'm not the least prepared emotionally or physically. It just kind of feels like I'm caught up in a swirling vortex that just doesn't stop. Due to everything going on, I had no idea if we'd get to WDW this year, which made me all the sadder and a little too painful to check in here. As it turned out, this was the 1st summer since 1999, that we did not have a family vacation at Disney. On a little bit of a brighter note though, we did manage to sneak in a little WDW when we dropped off Courtney at school, it just wasn't the whole family. I do plan on trying to be here much more often though. I've thought about you all often and guess I have a lot of catching up to do!

ChipnDaleGal
08-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Heather, I am so very sorry about your Nana. :hug: You certainly have had a lot to deal with and I can understand why you have had little time for Intercot. Just know that you have people here that care about you and are wishing you all the best. Good luck in adjusting to a daughter in Florida and your Emily heading off to kindergarten, I am sure both are tough right now. Take care of yourself and check in when you can. :pixie:

offwego
08-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Heather, I'm sorry to hear about your Nana. I hope you'll have some time to be here to get some support for all of those changes. Emily being in Kindergarten really makes me think of time flying!

Hope to see you around, take care of yourself.

princessjojo
08-18-2008, 12:01 PM
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your Nana. Being close to her and knowing how strong she's been makes it very difficult, I'm sure. You have definitely been on an emotional roller coaster this summer and deserve to take some time for yourself and get back to who you are even if that means stepping away from the computer for awhile. But rest assure, you have lost of support here, especially during those more difficult times.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Welcome back to the boards, sorry about your Nana:(

DisneyDog
08-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Heather,
Glad that you are back. I am very sorry to hear about your Nana. I lost my grandmother last year, so I understand how difficult it is.

That is so exciting about your daughter starting college. There are some very good colleges in Florida. And best of luck to your little one starting kindergarden. Max will be starting at elementary school in a few weeks as well.

Jill

Beast_fanatic
08-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi Heather! :hug: to you!

Jasper
08-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Welcome back and like so many others I am sorry for the loss of your Nana. No matter how long you have someone or how ill they are it is still so very difficult to let go of them. Take some time for yourself, you need it!

MNNHFLTX
08-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi Heather! Good to see you again! :hi:

It's hard to believe that Emily is starting kindergarten. It seems like just short time ago that she was born! And then to have Courtney heading off to college at the same time--a lot of firsts going on there.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your Nana. It sounds like she was a very special woman. :hug:

RedSoxFan
08-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Welcome Back Heather.

Sorry to hear about your Nana.

DS20 left Friday to go back to Syracuse University for his 3rd year in his 1st apt with his 2 buddies. He's only an hour away and I was weeping. DS18 leaves for Oswego State on Sunday for his freshman year and I'm already weepy. He'll only be 90 minutes away. Never easy to let them go.

Jeri Lynn
08-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Heather,
Welcome back. I am very sorry to hear about your Nana, I'm sure you must miss her very much.

Melanie
08-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Welcome back, Heather!:)

:pixie: for all you've been going through lately. Sometimes life hits us hard, but hopefully everything will calm for you soon as everyone settles down in their new environments.

ElenitaB
08-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Heather, just wanted to say "welcome back." Sorry to hear about your grandmother! So much going on... but we're always here for you. :hug:

Jeff
08-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Good to hear from you Heather.
Sorry about your Grandmother.

mrsgaribaldi
08-19-2008, 03:57 AM
Welcome back Heather :wave:
Sorry about your Nana.

princessgirls
08-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi Heather,

Welcome Back! I have missed you around the boards!!

I am so sorry about the passing of your Nana. My grandmother was also very special to me and it is a very big loss.

So Courtney is off to college! WOW! Did she end up going to the one in Melbourne? I hope you were able to sneak one or two park days in while moving her to college.

Emily in kindergarten. She'll have a blast.

I will keep you in prayer as your family dynamics have changed.
Julie:mickey:

Mousefever
08-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Glad to see you back, but I'm very sorry about your Nana.

Hope you are able to go to DW with the whole family soon!

Amy

:dory:

Beach Club Babe
08-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome back!

Hi Heather,

So Courtney is off to college! WOW! Did she end up going to the one in Melbourne? I hope you were able to sneak one or two park days in while moving her to college.

Julie:mickey:

Yes, she is at Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne. We did get to incorporate a little bit of Disney along the way. I've been toying with wrting a mini trip report.

tinkerbellybutton
08-20-2008, 02:07 PM
So sorry about your Nana. :hug: but I'm really glad you're back!! So,

:welcome: HOME!

princessgirls
08-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome back!

Yes, she is at Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne. We did get to incorporate a little bit of Disney along the way. I've been toying with wrting a mini trip report.

Yes, Yes do a trip report!!

daparish
08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Glad to see you back. I am very sorry about the passing of your Nana.