PDA

View Full Version : Chef's de France

Insanity Clause
08-18-2008, 10:21 AM
We are planning on eating at Chef's de France one of our Epcot nights as soon as they post the hours and everything. But I was wondering what everyone's opinion of the place was before I get it all set for our trip.

big blue and hairy
08-18-2008, 12:10 PM
DW and I think it's terrific. We love the food, the atmosphere and the service. Go for it.

:sulley:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Be careful to go strictly by everyone's opinion because they tend to differ by individual taste and sometimes restaurants just have a bad day....Now, having said that here's my :twocents: on Chefs De France

Appetizers: I had some kind of lobster soup that was pretty good and DS said the escargot was good

Entrees: Okay, nothing special really-I had some kind of beef dish that was a little bland

Desserts: Very good, the best part of the meal-we had an assortment between the four of us and all thought they were good

Atmosphere: Servers okay although a little stuffy, the decor is nothing unique just a nice restaurant.

wendy*darling
08-18-2008, 01:54 PM
We like it a lot- lunch or dinner- both are wonderful.
Chefs de France is one of the places we try to get to on every trip. :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
08-18-2008, 05:10 PM
If you click here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=139606), you'll get a thread with a similar topic.

We've had very good luck at Les Chefs - and from the mixed reviews the place gets, I guess we should consider ourselves fortunate. :mickey:

Natazu
08-19-2008, 02:03 AM
Chefs de France (Table Service) ☺☺☻
A lot of people think I hate this place. That’s not actually true. The menu was created expertly, some complex items and some, uh, simple ones. However, French cooking is not an art, it’s a science and the kitchen staff isn’t living up to the quality of the original creators. Chefs de France has fallen victim to the most common pitfall when the recipes aren’t created in-house… inconsistency. And that’s a deal breaker for me. Is the food at Chefs bad? No, but we just don’t bother eating there anymore. Give me consistently great food or leave it in the kitchen. Est-ce que c'est trop difficile?

TheRustyScupper
08-19-2008, 08:37 AM
1) Chefs used to be nice
. . . great service
. . . innovative French dishes
. . . good presentation
2) However, with the advent of DDP, it has gone downhill.
3) The problem is French Food.
4) French food is very complex and takes time, good ingredients, labor, and money.
5) DDP does not reimburse enough for all those elements.
6) So, all the menu items were changed to meet the budget.
7) Unfortunately, such changes do not work with French food.
8) It isn't like American food where you can just exchange a potato.
9) Now one is left with butchered French dishes.

NOTE: I am not saying Chefs is terrible, just mediocre. Most people on the DDP want to pig-out and don't care about quality or uniqueness, so it really doesn't matter. Now, all patrons get the same mediocre food and service. If you want grat food and service, go upstairs to Bistro. THAT you will enjoy.

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-19-2008, 12:16 PM
This Oct will be the 3rd time we've been to Chefs de France. They have wonderful lobster bisque and delicious desserts. For an entree I usually get seafood. My DH and I like the food and it has a nice atmosphere.

pamickeys
08-20-2008, 02:00 PM
the food is good, but like all things Disney it's about the children. a $255 romantic dinner spoiled by two kids at the next table. they were busy so no way to get moved, and the waiter was so nice but he couldn't do anything about the unruly children at the other table. couldn't wait to get out , just cause it's nice and expensive dosen't mean it will be a good time.