PDA

View Full Version : What makes a day at MNSSHP a "Premium" day?

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
08-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Just out of curiousity, why are some days Premium days and some not? It doesn't look like only weekend days are Premium days, BTW.

2008 Dates:
September 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 28, 30
October 2, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, 16, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30, & 31

Premium Dates:
September 19, 26
October 10, 16, 23, 1 24, 26, 30, 31

danicafan
08-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Here is what I found on another website earlier today...
"The only thing "premium" about these "Premium Dates" is exactly that -- the dates. These are the dates of the Not So Scary Halloween Parties that Disney expects to be the most heavily attended. On those dates, they can expect people to be willing to pay a higher price for tickets to those parties. The other nights are discounted to try and boost the number of tickets sold for the less-heavily attended parties. Ironically, if you choose a Premium night, you'll pay more to attend a more crowded event. Go figure... Other than projected attendance, there is no difference between the Premium parties and the regular party nights. If it fits your schedule, choose the lower priced nights. "

Goes4FastPass
08-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Any time you see the word 'premium' connected to anything at WDW it means "increased demand either determined or predicted has caused us to increase the price."

TheRustyScupper
08-18-2008, 04:58 PM
To Disney, "Premium" days mean . . .

People
Remunerating
Even
More
Individually
Unsecured
Money

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
08-18-2008, 08:49 PM
To Disney, "Premium" days mean . . .

People
Remunerating
Even
More
Individually
Unsecured
Money
HAH!!! That's got to be the funniest thing I've seen all day. You cracked me up there, Rusty Scupper!! I've always enjoyed reading your posts and responses, thank you!

So, basically, the "Premium" days are the days that Disney has forecast to be a bit heavier on the crowd levels, and they charge a bit more, nothing else?

Heck, it still doesn't look like it'll be too crowded on those days!

DizneyRox
08-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Heck, it still doesn't look like it'll be too crowded on those days!
MNSSHP is one of the best after hours events at WDW. I wouldn't be surprised if many if not all those dates sold out. They used to be low attendence nights, but Disney has continually sold more and more tickets over the years, and my last time, I could have sowrn it was as busy as a July 4th day!!! It was miserable there were so many people!!!

sneezyone
08-20-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm going september 28th.....I can't wait!!!!:joy::joy:

my only problem is what to wear!

I found a Malificent and a Mary Poppins....

Pop Centurion
08-20-2008, 11:10 AM
I was curious about the "premium" tag given to certain dates also. I was a little concerned that our non-premium date would have less of something. Good to see it's nothing more than projected heavy attendance.