PDA

View Full Version : Planning for next year

Minniefan68
08-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Hello
We are Disney World veterans and would like to fly west next year and check out Disney Land. We are a family of 6, children will be 8,5,5,2. We would like to stay in the park. What's your recommendation for hotel and room?

Thanks,

Cheryl

NotaGeek
08-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Hello
We are Disney World veterans and would like to fly west next year and check out Disney Land. We are a family of 6, children will be 8,5,5,2. We would like to stay in the park. What's your recommendation for hotel and room?

Thanks,

Cheryl

I believe that all the rooms at the DLR Hotels are 5 people max. If you have never been, I would definitely try the Disneyland Hotel it's amazing, big rooms and has lots of the original Disney Magic ... and a really nice pool.

Paradise Pier is less expensive usually, and the Grand Californian looks like a typical luxury Disney property (think Wilderness Lodge).

I would definitely call DL Reservations and see which options might fit your family, then give us that info and we can help you out.

tdhiatt
08-19-2008, 09:13 PM
You know its different in Disneyland than Disneyworld. The thing is, that staying directly across the street is a great thing. Its just as close (I am pretty sure closer) as The Disneyland Hotel and The Paridise Pier. The Grand Californian is in California Adventure, but it is really expensive. I really like the Best Western Park Place Inn. Its directly across the street and the bus pick us to go to any other parks (sea world, universal, or Legoland) is right out front. Plus they have free pancakes downstairs in their restaurant or cereal, toast, or danishes and fruit upstairs. That is a huge savings.

Aisling
08-20-2008, 12:03 AM
How long do you plan to stay? For that amount of people, finding something with a kitchen might be a good plan. Or you can get a concierge level room and then you have access to snacks/water all day with morning pastries and evening snacks as well.

I don't know what your budget is, but my favorite hotel (and my son's favorite pool) is the Grand Californian. We've stayed at all three hotels in all types of rooms and getting the conceirge level or a suite has always been our preference. (We have an older daughter as well, so it was for 4 people). The suites give you a 'bedroom' and a 'living room' so you can put the kids down fo a nap and relax in the next room - there's a door between the two you can leave open to hear the little ones.

If you do stay at the Disneyland Hotel, ask for either the Wonder or Dream Tower. We like the Downtown Disney view, but it can get loud with music playing well into the night. A pool view might be a better fit with little kids. If you get the Wonder Tower, ask for a pool view that will allow you to see the fireworks at the park. You can't see all of them, of course, but it's still pretty cool. We just stayed there Friday night and our kids got a kick out of opening the sliding glass door and watching fireworks from their bed.

As stated above, the Paradise Pier is a less expensive option and we liked it when we stayed there. It is a beachy Disney theme and cute.

There are a ton of threads about the hotels around the parks, so read up on those if you decide to stay off property. From what I can gather, it isn't like WDW, where the hotels are far away from the parks, at Disneyland, they are literally a block or two away - definitely close and convenient. And many of them have breakfast included in the room charge as well as pools.