PDA

View Full Version : Bride & Groom Mickey Caps

Disney Yankee
08-16-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm right now in WDW!!!!!!! :number1: :mickey: And I have seen many more people with Bride & room hats than previously, has anyone else seen the increase?

Thanks for the help! :mickey: :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
08-17-2008, 07:13 AM
I think it's more of a sign on newlyweds than people who actually got married at WDW. But, last I heard, Disney was the number three wedding destination behind Vegas and Hawaii, so it could be they are real bride and grooms. On the other had, I've seen teen couples wearing them around as well, so who knows...

They don't really get you anything, but maybe people think otherwise...

brewcrew26
08-17-2008, 08:01 AM
I've seen little girls with them. I definitely think they're a lot more popular now, especially with the "brides". And going off what was previously mentioned, I think a lot of people just travel for anniversaries, honeymoons and other events and want to feel special.

I didn't get the ears for that fact just because it seems so common place now. I opted to make my own ears of a white beanie, pearlized ears, a bride/groom patch and "bride" in pink script on the back at the Chapeau at Magic Kingdom. I was so happy with it because it was different!

mickeys_princess_mom
08-17-2008, 10:15 PM
I didn't get the ears for that fact just because it seems so common place now. I opted to make my own ears of a white beanie, pearlized ears, a bride/groom patch and "bride" in pink script on the back at the Chapeau at Magic Kingdom. I was so happy with it because it was different!
I love this idea!:bride:

WhiteRose1
08-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Ears...!

My Hubby and I got married in PA in 2003, and went to Disney on our honeymoon. We read 'buy the ears' in numerous places...so, we did.

We wore them once a day in each park...Hubby refused to wear them the whole trip, so we only wore them 4 days. This is what we got. I'll start with small and work my way up.

Random acts of congrats by guests
Random acts of congrats by CMs(alot of fun... nice hearing so many people wishing us well - this made us feel so special!!)
One waiter offered us a free appetizer in a sit down resturant.
3 offers by the waiter/waitress for free dessert
2 champagne glasses in CRT (Breakfast)
Any boat ride (except JC) in all the parks was solo. In other words, when we went to the Norway ride, we got our own boat. Same with Pirates! We were wished well and Bon Voyage when we left the loading dock at pirates!!

We were asked to be grand marshalls in the Stars and Cars parade in the (then named) MGM Studios. WOW. That was just the icing on the cake!!!

Get pins, wear the ears....it made an amazing honeymoon totally magical. I still have the pictures and we also got a 'moment made magical' certificate. We framed it.

I still can not believe how doing something so simple as spending $$ on 2 hats, and generally looking like we were in total heaven...can change things, but it did. We had no idea what to epect, other than 'it will be fun to be a kid and be silly' and...wow.

Get the hats, wear pins...it is so amazing.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Please note: Getting pins and wearing ears does not guarantee anything. At all. Please do not expect anything.

brewcrew26
08-20-2008, 12:46 AM
Please note: Getting pins and wearing ears does not guarantee anything. At all. Please do not expect anything.

I agree (while we had a great experience) -- everything that does occur is just added pixie dust. I've read too many stories about people who have been disappointed about getting pins or ears and then nothing happens. Go in not expecting anything. Everything else is just magic. :magic:

WhiteRose1
08-20-2008, 12:29 PM
maybe I should not have given so much detail - but we did not epect anything...I think going down with an expectation is not the way to go.. we just got lucky and had fun with it.