PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Points and Cash

minniemoomoo
08-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I thought that I had previously seen this thread, but now I'm unable to locate the above thread.
Are you able to mix points and payment for a Disney Cruise?
Also, on the Navigators Veranda are you actually outside or is it closed in with no outside air? I can't tell from the layout or the pictures.
Thanks for the input. :mickey:

Ed
08-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Yes, you can definitely use a combination of points and cash; we just did when we made our ressies for our Feb 09 cruise.

On the Navigator's verandah, you've got a solid steel wall up to about waist height, with a large oval or round open "porthole". (Disney Magic has round portholes, Disney Wonder has oval ones. Why? :shrug: :confused:) Regular verandahs have a rail like you might have on your porch at home that is covered with plexiglass. Above waist height, it is open. Both types offer plenty of fresh air.

:captain:

arsenal3
08-20-2008, 08:18 PM
So in the DVC you can use points towards a cruise?

Tinkermom
08-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Yes, it costs quite a bit of points though.

arsenal3
08-20-2008, 08:42 PM
What about the adventurer collection and the African safaris???

arsenal3
08-20-2008, 08:47 PM
What about the adventurer collection and the African safaris, are these apart of the DVC???

LynneM
08-21-2008, 12:35 AM
You can use your DVC points to trade out for some Interval International resorts, Disney cruises, Adventures by Disney, the non-DVC resorts at WDW and DL, and a limited group of other hotels and resorts around the world.

It's important to keep in mind, though, that the point costs are high for these options, and may well end up costing you more than if you paid in cash. The point costs can and often do go up every year, and additional fees often apply.

It's a really nice option to have the ability to visit other resorts with your points. But the prevailing feeling among members, I think, it that it's a poor value if you're going to do it all the time. Most members spend the majority of their trips at DVC resorts, and only trade out occasionally.

arsenal3
08-23-2008, 04:31 PM
^^^
Thank you for the help...

One last question.. Can you use your points for other things than just the hotels....such as dinnig plans or AP's, anything??

Tinkermom
08-23-2008, 05:56 PM
^^^
Thank you for the help...

One last question.. Can you use your points for other things than just the hotels....such as dinnig plans or AP's, anything??

No, your points are used only for your accomodations. As DVC members we do get a discount on AP's as well as discounts on various Disney tours, events (MVMCP, La Nouba, etc)and at select shops and restaurants.

Of course when you trade out and use points for a Disney Cruise or Addventures by Disney your meals are included just as if you had paid cash. This is one of the main reasons that the point costs for these are so much higher.