PDA

View Full Version : Yin Yang Mickey Head - weird question

snerd475
08-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Ok. I'm completely ignorant on this subject. A Disneyfile friend of mine has a tattoo on his lower leg of a Mickey head in a Yin Yang form. I made one out of the paint samples from Home Depot to put as a key chain or sticker, but I need to know if this is offensive to those who find the Yin Yang symbol "sacred", "reverent", I don't even know what word to choose.

I just don't want to offend anyone.

(This is coming from someone who, at age 18, from Illinois, thought it cool to ride through the South with a rebel flag in her window. I'm not that much of an idiot now, but I'm still admittedly ignorant.)

Thanks for your help.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-17-2008, 03:17 AM
The Yin and Yang symbol isn't so much of a sacred element, as it is a representation of the world. That everything in world has an opposite: light and dark, warm and cold, fire and earth.

I don't think it would be offensive at all. But let's face it - it's America. Someone can be offended because my name is Jessica.

DizneyRox
08-17-2008, 07:10 AM
There is a Disney pin like this, I'm not sure if it's sill for sale (it was a common pin). So, if Disney actually put it out, I'm sure it cleared legal, etc. I wouldn't sweat it.

TennesseeTink
08-17-2008, 04:47 PM
There is a Disney pin like this, I'm not sure if it's sill for sale (it was a common pin). So, if Disney actually put it out, I'm sure it cleared legal, etc. I wouldn't sweat it.

They also make Mickey head antenna toppers with this pattern. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe someone out there knows something I don't but I think it's neat.:thumbsup:

snerd475
08-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks, everyone! I wasn't worried until I showed it to my husband, who gave me a look that said "do you really think that's a good idea?" After 13 years, I know his looks.

Since my friend has it permanently etched onto his body, I didn't think it'd be offensive, but I certainly do not wish for any negative confrontation when I'm in The World.

And, as Jessica said, if someone wants to be offended by something, they will find it.

thrillme
08-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Sounds like a cute idea...I agree with Jessica. People can find the crazyist things to be offended by.