PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary DVC?

ToonBoy68
08-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if they are ready to start selling the DVC for the Cotemporary DVC accomodations? Does it matter what resport you buy into?

I have been wanting to buy into this for a while and now with the Contemporary having a DVC - I think i can get the DW to finally buy into it!

Thanks!

DVC Mike
08-16-2008, 06:19 PM
While Disney hasn't made any official announcement as to the tower they are constructing next to the Contemporary Resort's tower, all signs (and filings) point to it being a Disney Vacation Club resort. The latest filings refer to it as Bay Lake Tower. It is scheduled for completion in the fall of 2009.

Rumors are the point cost and point charts for BLT will be much higher than the current DVC resorts, but who knows for sure.

I plan on adding on points at BLT if it comes to pass.

Maleficent's Dad
08-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Does it matter what resport you buy into?
A few years ago, I would have answered a resounding "no!" However, with the absolute explosion in membership, HOME RESORT matters!!!

There's a popular saying around these parts - "Buy where you want to stay!" Resorts such as the BW and BC are darned near impossible to snag lately unless they are your home resort and you book at or close to the 11 month window.

MinnieMommie
08-17-2008, 07:47 AM
There's a popular saying around these parts - "Buy where you want to stay!" Resorts such as the BW and BC are darned near impossible to snag lately unless they are your home resort and you book at or close to the 11 month window.

I have to agree. If you are planning to buy into DVC because your heart is set on staying at BLT then your should purchase there. That is the only way you will be assured of getting a room there.

Wherever you purchase will be your home resort. That is the only resort where you will be able to book at the 11 month window. You will have to wait to book 7 months out for all other resorts. Sometimes you will be able to get to stay at a non-home resort when you first try and other times you will need to be placed on a waitlist which may or may not come through for you.

My home resort is SSR. I actually love SSR and not only have no issue staying there but prefer to. In '09 we have a 2 week stay booked at BC. DH likes SSR but also likes BC. I am a bit sorry that we are not splitting our stay between SSR and BC (I really love SSR) but because it is hard to get BC when it is not your home resort we have decided to keep the entire stay at BC.

When you select a home resort you have to like your home resort enough to accept that you may have to stay there on any given trip even if you prefer to stay elsewhere.

So yes...I agree... "buy where you want to stay"! :mickey:

tink'72
08-18-2008, 11:36 AM
When I was there in July my husband mentioned buying into the Contemporary and our sales person said he would not confirm if they would be DVC or not. The next night we were in Fort Wilderness and talking to one of the sales people who book your tours and she kinda said it would be DVC.

I mentioned to her that my husband mentioned it to the sales person and he wouldn't confirm if it was DVC or not and she said. Well yeah...what she did say was that the DVC annual dues are based partly on property taxes and the most expensive property on site property tax wise is Contemporary. She said the annual fees are going to be very expensive.

We shall see.

We ened up buying into AKL..my favorite place on earth!