PDA

View Full Version : Italian food in Epcot

PetefromRI
08-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Is the Italian Restaurant open in Epcot and is it any good?What's it called?Since Tony's doesn't look like a winner,we've got to get our Italian food fix!

SBETigg
08-16-2008, 12:51 PM
It's Tutto Italia. I haven't been, but it gets mixed reviews. Mostly good reviews, but the consensus seems to be that it's only average good and overpriced. Not a big concern if you're on the DP, perhaps. The Italian place at the Swan, Il Mulino, is supposed to be much better.

henry.james.s
08-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Spoodles on the Boardwalk has some great Italian dishes and is just a short walk or boat ride from Epcot.
Tuscan-pressed Chicken, Rigatoni with mild Italian sausage & Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Linguine are some of the entrees.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-16-2008, 02:21 PM
We're going to try Tony's anyway...and get CS at Wolfgang Puck express

MuchLovedMama
08-16-2008, 05:05 PM
We ate there in 2000 before it was renamed. Not sure if the food is the same but back then 3 of us ate there & not one of us liked it. My huband descriped the sauce as somebody taking a tomato & wacking it wild a sledge hammer. We don't like chunky sauce. I don't rember what the other 2 of us got but we didn't like it. Maybe it's different now though??? :confused:

Checkers
08-16-2008, 05:27 PM
:mickey:My DH & I ate at Tutto Italia in Apr. and loved it. Yes, it is very pricey but if you are on the DP it is only 1 TS. We are going back in Oct.!

:down: on Tony's. Food there is mediocre and service hit or miss.

Natazu
08-16-2008, 05:27 PM
My two liras, the only truly great Italian at Disney is Il Mulino at The Swan. No dining plan but the food is just like a the NY trattoria.

Tutto Italia is decent but often poorly executed resulting in a hit-or-miss experience.

Portobello is also decent but isn't on the dining plan, so once you're paying out of pocket, you might as well go to Il Mulino.

maxrebo77
08-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Dining there next month. Had one good and one bad experience before the change so I thought I would give it a try and see.
30 days and counting!