PDA

View Full Version : American Adventure

gerald72
08-16-2008, 07:51 AM
What is the reason it is called the American Adventure, and not the United States?

EPCOTGAL1
08-16-2008, 08:23 AM
well, I believe the "show" is called American Adventure...the area itself is the American Pavillion right? Probably because it is the "United States of AMERICA" ? :) just my guess..

Daddy Mouse
08-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Around the world we are known as Americans. It is understood that this means USA. With that being said people that live in North America and South America are all Americans.

snerd475
08-16-2008, 08:35 AM
You beat me to it, Daddy Mouse. I was going to say the same thing about referring to ourselves as Americans. You've never heard anyone say "United Statesian", I'm guessing.

Besides, it is alliterative. Everybody likes that!;)

Mousemates
08-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Besides, it is alliterative. Everybody likes that!

:thumbsup:

TinkRocks
08-16-2008, 10:17 AM
well, I believe the "show" is called American Adventure...the area itself is the American Pavillion right? Probably because it is the "United States of AMERICA" ? :) just my guess..

The attraction / show is titled 'The American Adventure,' and, along with the American Gardens Theatre and Liberty Inn, are part of the USA Pavilion.

Around the world we are known as Americans. It is understood that this means USA. With that being said people that live in North America and South America are all Americans.

This is just my :twocents: -

People from USA are known as Americans. Don't forget that North / South Americas are continents. I think you only apply North or South America when you are desribing the location of a country on a map.

Example - if asked where Canada or Mexico was, a Canadian / Mexican would say 'Canada / Mexico is in North America' (not 'I'm American').

People are usually proud of the country they're from, and probably wouldn't want to generalize.

ParkMan
08-16-2008, 12:23 PM
I'd never thought of that before.

You often hear people say European, African, or Asian to describe the people that live on those continents - but never North American or South American...

CaptainDisney
08-16-2008, 03:29 PM
The pavilion, as well as the attraction, is called "The American Adventure."

You see it listed this way on park maps and hear it this way on the monorail spiel as you circle Future World.

I don't know why the pavilion is not called the United States, as that is the name of the country. Maybe this gives it a special place as the "host country?"

joelkfla
08-17-2008, 01:28 AM
This is from the Mouse's mouth, folks:

The American Adventure is not referred to as the "United States" pavilion because it was not designed to represent the culture and experience of visiting another country as are the other World Showcase countries. Since it was designed primarily as a show, the pavilion and show have the same name. In addition, The American Adventure is intended to serve as the host pavilion for the remaining World Showcase countries. Therefore, it was given the unique name of "American Adventure" rather than "United States" Pavilion or Showcase.

CaptainDisney wins the cigar!

maxrebo77
08-18-2008, 10:48 AM
My customized map I just got from Disney this week lists it as the
U.S.A. Pavillion
Featuring The American Adventure, America Gardens Theatre, Voices of Liberty, Spirit of America Fife and Drum Dorp and the Liberty Inn.
I don't know if it was always called this or not. We just always said America. I love The American Adventure. My daughter is always turning to look at me to see if I am crying yet.:blush:

maxrebo77
08-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Me again
I just grabbed some old guide books. the 2004 Birnbaum list it as the American Adventure and the show, gardens, etc. parts of it. The 2006 Unnoficial calls if the United State Pavilion.
So, who knows?
All I know is my American Adventure continues in 28 days:thumbsup:

BraddyB
08-18-2008, 12:55 PM
I think its because American Adventure has a flashier name than United States ________ whatever they would want to call it. Short, sweet, catchy, and to the point

Imagineer1981
08-19-2008, 04:58 PM
interesting...