PDA

View Full Version : Theme park ticket question....with new pricing

karenrarintogo
08-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Just curious and thinking ahead.
I prepurchased 7 day park hoppers for our trip next month at the pricing in effect a few months ago.
If we decide to add an additional day to our tickets during our stay, will be pay the CURRENT 8 day park hopper rate or will it defer to the rate in effect when we bought the tickets? The cost difference is pretty substantial. :confused::confused:

DizneyRox
08-15-2008, 11:32 PM
When upgrading, I believe you pay the difference in price using CURRENT prices. So, if you added a day to a 7 day pass, you would pay the differnce between a CURRENT 7 day and a CURRENT 8 day pass. If you are adding park hopping though, you would pay the CURRENT park hopping price.

This is the same logic I think that was used when people upgrades pre-purchased tickets, which were purchased to get a pre-purchase discount. They didn't penalize people at the time of upgrade, at least I don't believe they did.

karenrarintogo
08-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the explanation. What you indicate sounds very fair and makes perfect sense. :mickey::cloud9:

CleveRocks
08-16-2008, 12:31 AM
That's not fully accurate.

If you have never used the pass yet and upgrade, you will pay the difference between the actual price you paid for the 7-day pass and the new price for the 8-day pass, which is about $13.

HOWEVER, if you use the ticket at least once first, and THEN do the upgrade, you will pay the difference between a "new" 7-day pass and a "new" 8-day pass, which is about $3.

There ... I just saved you about $10 per person. My work here is done ....:cool::funny:

karenrarintogo
08-16-2008, 01:02 AM
THANKS for the clarification...and potentially saving me some $$$! :thumbsup:

Dream'nDisney
03-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't understand. Why would you have to use the pass before you tried to upgrade? And how would they know what you paid for the initial pass?

CleveRocks
03-03-2010, 07:51 PM
I don't understand. Why would you have to use the pass before you tried to upgrade? And how would they know what you paid for the initial pass?The Great Disney Computer knows all. The actual purchase price is encoded onto the magnetic strip on the back ... that's how they'd know.

As to WHY it's set up this way? If I answered it'd only be a guess. All I know is that it's a fact. It's dead solid fact, even though it sounds odd. It's what's known in Disney cast member-speak as "bridging a ticket."

Dream'nDisney
03-03-2010, 08:10 PM
So if you had purchased a non-hopping pass at a discounted rate and then decided you were going to be able to stay longer and you wanted to upgrade, you should use at least one day of the pass before upgrading (well within at least 14 days of first use) to get the upgrade at a more cost effective rate?

DizneyRox
03-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Yep...

Dream'nDisney
03-03-2010, 08:30 PM
That doesn't make sense why it would matter, but thank you.

CleveRocks
03-04-2010, 08:47 AM
That doesn't make sense why it would matter, but thank you.I completely agree with you that it doesn't make sense, but please trust us that it's 100% accurate. :mickey:

It's not like it's a rumor or urban legend, it's actual fact.

wildernesslady
03-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Good to know. Thanks. I may have tried to upgrade/add on before using the ticket. I never would have thought there would be a difference in price.

Ms. Mode
03-04-2010, 10:27 AM
We added a day onto our 4 day PH tickets two weeks prior to our trip and paid $3.00 for each ticket. :mickey:

CleveRocks
03-04-2010, 03:15 PM
We added a day onto our 4 day PH tickets two weeks prior to our trip and paid $3.00 for each ticket. :mickey:Two ideas here:
You bought the tickets from Disney and thus they weren't discounted; OR

You did the upgrade through the same reseller from whom you bought the tickets.

Remember, if you buy your tickets directly through Disney, whether at a ticket booth or as part of a vacation package, there is no "discount" to the tickets and thus there would be no difference whether you upgraded THOSE tickets before you used them or after you first used them.