PDA

View Full Version : Vineyard Room to Close

MegaDisney
08-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Effective 8/31 the Vineyard Room at DCA will close down permanently.

I had the pleasure of eating there when it was run by Mondavi back when DCA actually offered some decent sit down dining.

With the closure of this resturant the only non fast food options left in DCA will be the Wine Country Trattoria and Ariels Grosso, uh, I mean Grotto (:ack:).

I miss Wolfgang, Mondavi and Soap Opera Bistro...lets go get a corn dog!

sdewan
08-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Bummer. I loved that you could get a fine meal inside the theme park - reminds me of EPCOT. At least Napa Rose is still available, and just a few steps outside the park gate.

badkitty
09-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Yikes! Where are we going to eat now??? I am spoiled by the WDW dining options...

NotaGeek
09-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Yikes! Where are we going to eat now??? I am spoiled by the WDW dining options...

How about The Trattoria? You can't compare WDW Dining options to DLR ... it's not a fair comparison. DLR makes good use of the area they have ... there was never anyone eating at the Vineyard Room. I have been to the park at least 15 times in the last 4 years and I never even went upstairs and looked at The Vineyard Room, but I have eaten at Trattoria several times ... hopefully they will just make better use of the space. I think they had such a focus on the wine tasting menu ... I don't really like wine so I didn't have that urge to try the restaurant.

badkitty
09-01-2008, 08:02 PM
there was never anyone eating at the Vineyard Room.

Didn't you see me? I was the only one there. ;)

I will try the Trattoria. Thanks!

MegaDisney
09-01-2008, 08:28 PM
The food at the Vineyard room was excellent, and you did not have to do the wine pairings dinner if you chose not to.

I actually don't care for the Trattoria. It was just OK the couple of times I ate there.

I REALLY miss the Wine Country Market!

sdewan
09-02-2008, 11:23 AM
You can't even compare the Trattoria to the Vineyard Room. I like the Trattoria, but the menu is extremely limited. There are 3 types of lasagna to choose from, a handful of sandwiches and a handful of salads. But if you like lasagna, theirs is excellent and reasonably priced.

NotaGeek
09-02-2008, 01:14 PM
You can't even compare the Trattoria to the Vineyard Room. I like the Trattoria, but the menu is extremely limited. There are 3 types of lasagna to choose from, a handful of sandwiches and a handful of salads. But if you like lasagna, theirs is excellent and reasonably priced.

I wasn't comparing the food at the Trattoria to the Vineyard Room -- I merely gave the Trattoria as another option for a sit down meal. :thumbsup: