PDA

View Full Version : year of magical dreams

motherof4
08-15-2008, 08:17 PM
I know we are going to dw in the year of magical dreams does anyone know exactly what happens and what the prizes are I heard a little about it and it sounds very exciting!

BronxTigger
08-15-2008, 08:24 PM
It's all random! (Well, to us it is...it is highly calculated on Disney's end but those calculations are a secret.)

There is something called a "Dream Team". These are the cast members who pass out the prizes. They will get a message to go to _____ at ____ time, and the _____ person/people who _____ will win _____.

Some (hypothetical) examples:
Go to Snow White at 10:12am, and the first 30 people who exit the ride will get dream ears.

Go to Space Mountain at 9:37am, and the person in seat 4 on the 3rd train to return to the station will win the night in the castle.

"Common" prizes are dream fastpasses (a lanyard with a tear-off fastpass for all the rides in the park that have fastpass (valid only on the day you win it, for one ride on each attraction), dream mouse ears (they sell a variation of these but it's NOT the same), and a lanyard with 2 trading pins.

Less common prizes are the night in the castle (or Dream Suite at Disneyland), a DVC membership, etc.

Basically, there is nothing you can do to improve your chances of winning, it's all based on chance.

Good luck!

P.S. They started this in 2007...I've been on 2 WDW trips and 1 DLR trip since they started this and I've SEEN the Dream Team and I've SEEN people with prizes but I've personally won nothing from the Dream Team. But, my trips were all great anyways. :D

Marilyn Michetti
08-15-2008, 08:38 PM
When does it end? I'd like to win something in my life besides a free cremation. (I really did - buy one for DH, and mine is free).:mickey:

And to think we never do anything together.:)

pink
08-16-2008, 11:09 AM
From what I've read, it seems like they give away most prizes right when the park opens in the early morning. I've been there twice during this celebrations and never even seen the "dream team.":mickey:

Beast_fanatic
08-16-2008, 07:33 PM
When does it end?

As far as I know, it ends at the end of this year, but they haven't announced anything yet to follow it.

BronxTigger
08-16-2008, 08:05 PM
As far as I know, it ends at the end of this year, but they haven't announced anything yet to follow it.

Maybe it will be "The Year of 500,000 Dreams"...you know, budget cuts. :secret:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
08-18-2008, 11:38 AM
We just returned from Disney on Saturday, and actually ran into the "Dream Team" twice!! They do seem to give out the prizes early in the morning. At Animal Kingdom we received the fast pass lanyard which had fast passes to six rides. The next morning at Hollywood Studios, we ran into them again, and received the special Mouse ears. We were lucky enough to have Mickey sign the ears for us.:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Basically, there is nothing you can do to improve your chances of winning, it's all based on chance.

This is not true. There is a HUGE difference between chance and probability.

It's a ratio and you can increase your chances of winning.

Bring your ENTIRE family. No, I'm not kidding. BRING EVERYONE.

Why?

I'll explain.

If there are 32 seats on a ride, and you have 2 people, then you have a 1 in 16 odds of winning, or 6.25%. But....let's say you have 6 people, then you have 3 in 16 odds, or 18.75%. See how it increased? Now, if you have 16 people, then it goes up to 50%.

But that doesn't mean they are looking for larger groups or families. Not at all. As Bronx Tigger said, it goes to a person in a specific seat. By having a larger family, you occupy more seats, which increases your chances.

Did you follow that? Keyesian math at it's best. Also, if you ever play Deal or No Deal, ALWAYS choose to switch the cases at the end. ALWAYS. The ratio is higher than 50-50%. It's actually 75-25%, but that's another lesson!

So the short version of this - it's time to start planning the family reunion.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
08-18-2008, 12:32 PM
I agree to an extent. As the Dream Team said while handing out the "prizes", "You are 'one in a million'. You can have as many people with you as you want, but if you are not in the right place at the right time, it doesn't matter.

Captain Jessica sparrow: Are you at the jungle cruise ride at Mk? We were looking for you when we went on the ride.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-19-2008, 01:39 AM
I am there yes. When did you visit?

Missy_Mouses_Dad
08-19-2008, 08:13 AM
I believe we were there last week Wednesday or Thursday night. It was pretty busy and I didn't want to bother any of the disney folks...

pink
08-20-2008, 07:08 PM
That's too funny, you bring up a good point. :mickey: