PDA

View Full Version : Into The Wild

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
08-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Anybody else read this book?

Truly phenomenal, I loved it! I just rented the movie and I must say, I enjoyed the book a whole lot more!

iheartmickey
08-15-2008, 10:53 PM
I have the book but haven't read it yet.

I saw the movie already ... and I loved it! I actually have the soundtrack ... it really does capture the feeling of the movie. The actor ... can't think of his name ... was so good. He got so thin in the end!!

I can't wait to read the book. I have a few days off in two weeks I'm gonna try to start it then.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-16-2008, 12:05 AM
When did it come out? It sounds familiar.

MegaDisney
08-16-2008, 12:07 AM
This is my next Book of the Month Club 2 selection. The Movie was really good.

Currently trying to get through The Kite Runner, it is so depressing....

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
08-23-2008, 07:19 PM
i want to say the film came out late summer 2007/early fall 2007. it's really good but if you read the book first you gain a whole new level of understanding

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Hey Ev, I know I haven't seen you at Mrs L's in a while, but did you move to NJ?

Mousemates
08-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Kind of coincidence, but I was picking through the used books at a Hastings outside of knoxville, Tn and found a copy of the book this past week...couldn't put it down and finished it off late last night...just wondering if the movie picks up any of the subplots (i.e. the authors experiences with The Thumb or makes mention of any of the other more celebrated guys who have walked into the wilderness and not made it out) or if it just focuses on Christopher McCandless a.k.a "Alexander Supertramp" and Nemo.