PDA

View Full Version : My parents may be spitting up

Kennywife
08-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I feel sad and kinda silly for it. :( My parents have been seperated for a long time and my dad takes care of my ailing grandma. Well, my mom has decided she wants out. My dad still loves her. I'm 31 years old and married. I feel dumb for feeling down today, but I always hoped they'd get back together. :cry:

Anna

SBETigg
08-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Anna, :hug: it's hard at any age.

I was thirty when my parents, who had been on and off for years, finally divorced and it made me sad, too. My mom is remarried, but they're still friends. I'm lucky that they still have holidays together with my sisters and my family and there's no awkwardness. But I do think you're entitled to feel a little down about it. I'm sorry they couldn't work it out.

Strmchsr
08-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Anna, sorry for the bad news. That's tough whenever it happens. There is no "good" time and you shouldn't feel sorry or silly at all for being impacted. Lots of :pixie: for you and your family.

MNNHFLTX
08-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Anna, I'm sorry for the sadness this news brings you. :(

TennesseeTink
08-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Anna, I'm so sorry to hear about your parents.:( You may be an adult but you're still their child. Lots of love and pixie dust for you and your family.:pixie:

wdwgrl377
08-15-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this, Anna. My parents are divorced, recently, and it's still hard on me and I'm 31 too.
I know and understand how you feel. Sending :pixie: dust your way.

Kairi_7378
08-15-2008, 06:12 PM
They're your parents and there is always some part of us that wants to see our parents together. I'm sorry that you are going through this! Sending a hug and some pixie dust.

Georgesgirl1
08-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I agree that even though you are an adult it is still hard and it's okay to feel sad.

Marilyn Michetti
08-15-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm sorry. Your parents will always be the ones you go to when you're happy or sad, so it must really be hard.

Hope everyone will stay friends, and you won't have to choose.:(

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-16-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. It sounds like they have just grown apart. Hopefully they are stil friendly and will both be an active part of your life.

disneydeb
08-16-2008, 05:07 AM
:hug: to you and your family. This is not an easy time and I am sorry for the loss you feel.

RedSoxFan
08-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Anna --- so sorry to hear about your parents splitting. I'm sure it's hard at any age.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-16-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm sorry you feel let down, but my parents divorced after 25 + years and sadly enough, I can say my mom was never happy in her marriage and is happy as can be now....they have been divorced now close to 13 years and she still has no interest in dating....I love my dad, but he is not an easy person to get along with and can be mentally cruel and has since remarried and divorced again....sometimes it really is for the best....just let them both know you love them no matter what

pink
08-16-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this. It doesn't matter how old you are, you're still entitled to be upset. Just think though, they're still friendly towards each other and that's better than how some marriages end. I really hope you're ok! :mickey:

DisneyWhirled
08-16-2008, 09:03 PM
I am sorry to hear that you are suffering right now. It is okay be sad rno matter what your age. I hope that your parents can find peace and that everyone can remain amicable.

Bless you!

offwego
08-17-2008, 01:47 AM
I'm sorry your going through this. There is never a good time. I hope you are doing as well as you can.

tinkerbell04
08-17-2008, 10:55 AM
I know that it is hard, my parents separated when I was 30, just two years ago. It was difficult to watch them go through all of that, but in the long run I really saw that they weren't happy for a long time and once they split up they really were happier people. Hang in there! :pixie:

daparish
08-17-2008, 05:08 PM
I am sorry you are going through this. Prayers and :pixie: for you and your family.