PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Barnstormer

disney100%
08-15-2008, 02:13 PM
I have read/heard differing thoughts on Goofy's Barnstormer. One site said it is a little faster than expected and others have said it is tame (which I had assumed it was but now I am not sure). I will be in WDW with 4 little ones (ages 3.5 and younger). I would love to hear people's experiences with their little ones for this ride. My son will be almost 4 when we go and I know he wants to try it out (he was too small on our last trip).

64 More Days!!!

Cheloconnell
08-15-2008, 02:17 PM
This does have a height restriction of 35 inches. Our two year old just made it on the last trip. My husband rode with him and I rode with our 6 y.o.. He absolutely loved it and did not want to get off. He was laughing. I think as long as there is an adult riding with a young child, they will be fine. Of course, we got back in line and waited to go again and there was only one family left in front of us and the ride broke down - what a disappointment for the little guy. We never got back on with him, but can't wait to take him on it again in October. Good luck - I hope you take them on and they enjoy it :mickey:

joonyer
08-15-2008, 02:22 PM
My youngest was 5 when he first rode it. He wasn't scared at all. I was though! Of course he has always been a daredevil, and has no fear of trying anything. He went hang-gliding (tandem) when he was 7. (I was too chicken to try it.)

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-15-2008, 02:33 PM
My daughter was about that age the first time she rode Barnstormer and loved it.

On the other hand when our niece was old enough my mother-in-law rode with her while I rode in the last row taping the girl's shrieking. Unfortunately, I also got about 60 seconds of my m-i-l muttering various 4 letter words about how we were never going to get her on something like that again. :blush:

Good thing there was no one else on it with us. As we got off the CMs were barely able to keep a straight face when we walked by.;)

Mickey'sGirl
08-15-2008, 02:56 PM
DS4 has been riding since he was two....and has loved it since the first! It is faster than a slow kiddie land ride, but is certainly not like Space Mountain! :mickey:

BronxTigger
08-15-2008, 03:05 PM
All the children I've ever seen on it have appeared to love it.

For adults, it is kind of small to fit into and is quite jerky, so it is a little rougher than one would expect for a kiddie coaster. And it is over fast - the ride only lasts about 30 seconds or so.

If the kids that are tall enough to ride it are a little unsure, you can watch it go around a couple of times, and you could also stand near the exit so they see how happy all the exiting children are.

disney99
08-15-2008, 04:35 PM
I took my 2.5 year old on this ride and he loved it... He wanted to ride all the 'coasters'

disney100%
08-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks everyone!
We are always a little leary about the rides because all of our children are quite tall for their age, so they are going to be tall enough for a lot of things that I am sure they are not old enough for just yet. Of course, my 2 year old is a daredevil - I actually think there is nothing that scares her, but my son, who is 3, is much more reserved when it comes to trying new things.

Thanks for all the great tips and stories - I got a good giggle out of a few of them, especially the cursing mother-in-law! :mickey:

MNNHFLTX
08-15-2008, 04:39 PM
I think your son will do fine on Barnstormer, especially if he is asking to go on it and meets the height requirement. The ride is not so fast or high off the ground that it is too scary, but just fast enough to still give a lot adults a little thrill too. And it is so short that even if a child gets a little rattled it is over before they have a chance to think much about it.:mickey:

disney100%
08-16-2008, 03:08 PM
I think your son will do fine on Barnstormer, especially if he is asking to go on it and meets the height requirement. The ride is not so fast or high off the ground that it is too scary, but just fast enough to still give a lot adults a little thrill too. And it is so short that even if a child gets a little rattled it is over before they have a chance to think much about it.:mickey:

I am happy to hear it is short - I am a big roller coaster chicken! :blush: But I will definitely ride it with him, because I can't wait to see his reaction!

dumbo ears
08-16-2008, 03:13 PM
I haven't rode it with little kids but it isn't that fast and the ride is over in 10 seconds

Mousemates
08-16-2008, 05:13 PM
If the child can meet the ride requiremtns (height wise) they will likely enjoy it and not find it to be too fast.

d_m_n_n
08-16-2008, 08:14 PM
If you look on youtube, you can find several videos of the ride that will give you some idea of the intensity. DS6 rode it when he was 4 (with one hand in the air...he wasn't brave enough for both hands!), once was enough for him. :secret: I think as long as you hold on tight to the kids you should be ok on the ride!

disney100%
08-16-2008, 08:21 PM
If you look on youtube, you can find several videos of the ride that will give you some idea of the intensity. DS6 rode it when he was 4 (with one hand in the air...he wasn't brave enough for both hands!), once was enough for him. :secret: I think as long as you hold on tight to the kids you should be ok on the ride!

That's funny - I just watched a video of it with my son this afternoon, and I think I might just be able to handle it! :blush: My son was very excited to see the ride and says he is going to try it. Of course, we'll see what happens in October! Thank you so much for the suggestion!

MinnieMommie
08-16-2008, 08:29 PM
This ride is so short it is over before you know it. That is a good thing in case your child becomes frightened. Go through the queue with your child and if they want to go on by the time you are ready to board and your parental judgement feels comfortable with borading then go for it! :mickey:

BigRedDad
08-18-2008, 09:12 AM
My dd2 loved it back in April. Since there was only a 2-5 minute wait, we went on it 3 times in a row. First time, she loved it. Second time she liked it. Third time, she didn't like it that much. I think it had upset her tummy by that time. She sees it on videos and wants to go back on it all the time now. she is adventurous and a daredevil, so it is that attitude that I think gets her interested in it.

MickeysEars
08-18-2008, 09:37 AM
My son rode it at 2.5 and was not even phased. Every child is different, but I HATE roller coasters and I too was not phased. I know that sounds funny, but I GBS, BTM, and Splash are about it for me.
:offtopic: (sorry)I don't remember that last time I was on Space Mt. The one at DW was bigger than the DL one before they changed the DL one, and I havn't been on it since. I am trying to be brave for our next trip, for everest and space Mt...:fingers: