PDA

View Full Version : Mission Space

CU Tiger
08-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Mission Space is one of my favorite rides in all of DW:number1:, but I have never went on the tamer version. For those of you who have ridden both versions, what is the difference? :confused: Is it the same ride just without the motion or does it have totally different voice, scenes, etc..?:mickey:

Strmchsr
08-15-2008, 11:55 AM
It's the same ride without the spinning. The non-spinning version still feels pretty cool, you just don't get the awesome gravity/weightless sensations. However, you also don't get the :ack: so it might be a good trade off. :D

Mousemates
08-15-2008, 12:21 PM
However, you also don't get the :ack: so it might be a good trade off. :D

Yeah, its the :sick::ack: effect after the ride that gets me on the original version...no problems on the scaled back simulator...however, you just don't get quite the same rush on takeoff.

Disnamic Duo
08-15-2008, 03:44 PM
It's the same ride with the same scenes, same buttons to push...just tamer. The only reason I'd go on it again was if the wait time was much shorter.

tmrworld
08-16-2008, 01:07 AM
The tamer version is for anyone who is not sure about going on. But like my wife after it she was right back online for the full force.:mickey:

MauiMouse
08-16-2008, 07:49 AM
I've been on both too, while the Orange version doesn't bother me at all, the Green version lets you look around push what ever buttons you want and just watch your cabin mates having a good time. I like have both options. No G's on the Green version.

Daddy Mouse
08-16-2008, 08:42 AM
DW might try the more tame version, she was :ill: for about 30 min last time she rode the original version. I like the spinning effects myself.

mainemajor
10-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Very happy with tamer version. If there is a line for orange, we opt for green. Thought at first green might be a wasted of time, but it's not. It sure is better than waiting forever for the orange side.

DisneyFr33k
10-26-2008, 03:33 PM
I rode this for the first time just after it opened, so I didn't have a choice but to ride the intense version. I had a little voice in my head saying "get off" but ignored it. The spinning and gravitational pull is pretty intense - your cheeks feeing funny afterwards. I get pretty motion sick on average, but this didn't impact my stomach at all. What it did was make me extremely foggy and tired. I just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep. We even stopped by the first aid station to see if this was normal. The nurse said my reaction was very common and it would take several hours to get over the feeling. It did wear off, but kind of ruined the day.

When we went back last year, we saw the green level. I immediately went on that and it is identical to the orange w/o the intense pull from the spinning. Even my family didn't go back on orange. We've had great Epcot days as a result. :mickey: