PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday! Hunk-a Burning Love...

Dr_Nigel_C
08-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Happy Friday, everyone! :mickey:

Hope you all have had a wonderful week so far! Jamie and I are tired...been staying up late every night watching the Olympics! :rings:

Tomorrow is a very special day: Elvis Appreciation Day! That means I don't have to wear my grass skirt -- I get to wear my shiny white sequined jumpsuit (with the maching bell-bottom pants). :scared:

So, in honor of the King, the Drink-of-the-day (tm) is the "Elvis": :elvis:

shot Amaretto
shot Southern Comfort
shot Triple sec
Lime juice

Sounds yummy!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :party:

JanetMegan
08-15-2008, 08:04 AM
I have been wanting to stay up and watch but the gymnastics didn't even start here last night til after 11:15pm (zzzzz) so I keep DVRing and then catching up later (although that makes it a little anti-climatic.)

Happy Friday everyone, I've been sort of AWOL for the last few weeks from the Friday party so I brought pigs in a blanket for everyone-oh and I'll take a :marg:

(P.S. Still no word on the test score.)

MauiMouse
08-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Hey there! :mickey:

Not much of an Elvis fan, sorry. But I have been watching mostly the beach volleyball games! And of course watching Michael Phelps. What a guy! :diver:

I'll take a Grand Marnier Orange Slushie please. :marg:

MsMin
08-15-2008, 09:35 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE...
Yes, I'm not an Elvis fan either. But any excuse to party....
Hope all have a safe and happy weekend...

Mousemates
08-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Am an elvis fan...saw him in concert in the 3rd grade...and I'm very glad its finally friday.

gmgdisneymom
08-15-2008, 10:22 AM
i am not the biggest Elvis fan - but since Lilo & Stitch and Gameplan my kids listen to him all the time and have even spent their own money on CDs - Thanks and Happy Friday to you!

wdwgrl377
08-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Happy Friday everyone!!

I too, have been watching the Olympics...diving, swimming and beach volleyball too!

Elvis passed several months after I was born, but my Grandma was a HUGE fan of his. Rob, you are too funny....wearing that skinny white jump suite - :funny:

Have a fun, safe and relaxing weekend!!:D

TINKERBELL_82
08-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Happy Happy Friday to all!

The Elvis drink does sound yummy- but its just a little early for the hard stuff. :blush: I would love a :beer: though! :D

A safe and happy weekend to all!:mickey:

drummerboy
08-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Here's an Elvis to Elvis. :marg:clink:marg:

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL. Hope you have a stunningly wonderful weekend. I'll have a house full of young'uns for the weekend--DD and her DH want a weekend to themselves before all his coaching, etc. busy-ness starts.

pogo
08-15-2008, 12:49 PM
:party2:.....Happy Friday !.....:party2:

Am an elvis fan...saw him in concert in the 3rd grade...and I'm very glad its finally friday.

Wow... how old are you ???? :doh: I didn't know Elvis done any concerts when he was in the 3rd grade. :blush: You learn something new every day !

Slide a Elvis drink down the bar for me please..... Thanks. :thumbsup:

Hey..... who brought the pigs in here and why are they all wearing blankets ? Where's Bret when we need him ??? He could cook these pigs on his killer grill !

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend ! :D

jrkcr
08-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Elvis is just too cool! :elvis: I say "is" cause we all know he ain't dead. I saw him just last week at the grocery store buying a loaf of white bread!

I grew up in the 70's listening to him, and have plenty of favorite Elvis songs that I still sing.
I especially love to sing "blue christmas" in my depressed, sobbing, drunken voice just to annoy DH who does NOT like Elvis or that song!

Anyway....Happy Friday! And since we are all in a happy mood....will anyone join me in my SINGLE DIGIT DAY DANCE? 9 more days till I'm at DL!

Thanks for the :marg:!

JanetMegan
08-15-2008, 02:45 PM
:party2:.....Happy Friday !.....:party2:

Hey..... who brought the pigs in here and why are they all wearing blankets ? Where's Bret when we need him ??? He could cook these pigs on his killer grill !

:D

Hey, stay away from my pigs...

SgtTigger
08-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Pigs????

Pigs???????

I dont see any pigs.......

We could cook some up if you all find them.....

Happy Friday Everyone

So how is everyone???????

To keep everyone happy for Dinner I got some peanut butter and banana sandwiches on the grill just in honor of Elvis

what else would you all like..... I got to finish quick because I hear I get to Sing in a few minutes..... I was thinking maybe Ill do Jail House Rock......:music:

We have the O' boy Oberto Red Fish cup here this weekend.... Ill let everyone know when it is on TV (espn2) in a few weeks.......

:cop: :tigger:

IamBelle
08-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Ahh! I Couldn't Wait Until Today!! I Had Band Camp 7 Hrs A Day Since Monday! Now I Can Relax With Some Pink Lemonade!!

ElenitaB
08-15-2008, 10:09 PM
i am not the biggest Elvis fan - but since Lilo & Stitch and Gameplan my kids listen to him all the time and have even spent their own money on CDs - Thanks and Happy Friday to you!
I came to appreciate Elvis a lot more after Lilo & Stitch. DS loves him and we always have to play his songs if they're on the jukebox when we go out.

To keep everyone happy for Dinner I got some peanut butter and banana sandwiches on the grill just in honor of Elvis

We have the O' boy Oberto Red Fish cup here this weekend.... Ill let everyone know when it is on TV (espn2) in a few weeks.......
Man, I should have saved some (turkey) bacon for PB and bacon sammies.

Bret, you fishing at the tournament or working at it? Will we see you when it's on ESPN?

SgtTigger
08-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Bret, you fishing at the tournament or working at it? Will we see you when it's on ESPN?

Nope Bret has learned to stay on the back side of cameras.........:photo:

I am on Call :call: if everything works and goes ok No work....if not I got to go..... We had to go haul and set everything up Thursday and will go take everything down Monday......

:cop: :tigger:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I love Elvis. I wanted to be his leading lady when I grew up. Happy Friday everyone!

Lizzy
08-17-2008, 09:07 PM
How in the heck did I miss out on an Elvis party??

I love Elvis, course I was born on the 2 year anniversary of his death (August 16!)

I wanted so bad to fly to Vegas and get married by an Elvis impersonator! But no, the backyard was far more practical. But how cool would it have been to have him sing Fools Rush In? :cool: