PDA

View Full Version : Rides for, well, "Large" people.

KEDOGN
08-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Ok, so I know that I am, well, overweight or fat if you wish (I have lost 84 pounds this year so far, kudos to me) and I know there are a lot of rides that I cant ride, which I am ok with. However, my question is, is there anywhere online that tells us how the restraints are on rides or if there is restraints and if there is what kind (seat belt or shoulder harness). Or how big the seat belts are?

On our honeymoon we went to DL and I was able to ride some rides, like at CA when I rode Tower Of Terror. In 2005 at DW I was unable to ride the ToT because I couldnt get the belt latched. I know I go up and weight, and believe with what I have lost this year I am smaller than 2005, but not by a whole bunch.

So my thought is this.. is that info somewhere or does anyone have a good idea, or should I just bite the bullet and try them and if I look like an idiot, I look like an idiot?

Thanks! :confused:

CaptSmee
08-15-2008, 01:07 AM
You can find information you are looking for right here on Intercot! (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/largeandincharge.asp)

Minnie Imagineer
08-15-2008, 08:29 AM
(I have lost 84 pounds this year so far, kudos to me)

you're right, kudos to you! Good job!
:number1:

thrillme
08-15-2008, 09:52 AM
double "kudos" to you from me too. I think I know where your weight is going. I think I'm getting it :D

I checked on the site mentioned above but I didn't see much on "mission space". My DH has never been to Disney but my DS and I love Mission Space. I can't recall if the restraints will allow for a pooh sized person or not? I know he'd LOVE trying this.

He managed to fit EVERYTHING at Universal and IOA except he used the "modified" bigger seats on the Hulk and Dualing Dragons. We forgot about Dr Doom's Freefall but that "style" of ride is so common in regular amusement parks we just didn't bother since he really doesn't make that one.

At Disney Quest he didn't make it into Cyberspace Mountian "barely". I think they put him on the wrong side. If he had tried the other side where he could have streached out a bit I think he would have been tight but OK.

Regardless...what about mission space?

WDWdriver
08-15-2008, 10:21 AM
At Expedition Everest there is a seat mockup that you can sit in to check for fit. Ask a CM where to find it. Most large people don't have any problems on EE.

Arielfan98
08-15-2008, 11:06 AM
I don't any info on the rides but I would just like to say congrats on losing 84 pounds! :thumbsup:

Lizzie
08-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I went with my brother in 2006 and he was probably about 450 pounds than. And there was nothing he couldn't ride. Hope that helps.

He was very nervous about going to the park and fitting on stuff but was very happy with how everything worked out.

Mousemates
08-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Great job on your reduction plan...I too am working on being less of a man and have also made significant progres...I wouldn't worry about the "look like an idiot thing" at WDW (hey at WDW grownups wear mouse ears and get sparkle haircuts at the barbar shop) chances are you never see those exact same poeple again in your life. Just check the info from the link above and have a go at anyting you think will work for you.

jrkcr
08-15-2008, 12:39 PM
I have no advice on rides.....just wanted to say:

WAY TO GO!!!! :thumbsup: :scale:

Have a great trip!!

TheRustyScupper
08-15-2008, 01:17 PM
1) I am a big guy (tall, and ex-college-football player).
2) I don't have a problem.
3) However, there are plenty of rides where my knees are in trouble.
4) Most WDW rides have ample belly room, but lack leg room.

BY THE WAY, KUDOS ON YOUR LOSS!

Strmchsr
08-15-2008, 01:56 PM
1) I am a big guy (tall, and ex-college-football player).
2) I don't have a problem.
3) However, there are plenty of rides where my knees are in trouble.
4) Most WDW rides have ample belly room, but lack leg room.

BY THE WAY, KUDOS ON YOUR LOSS!

Yep, I'm with ya there. I'm 6'4, 280 lbs (dropped 50 myself in the last few months) and even at my largest there's never been anything I haven't been able to ride at WDW with the exception of my knees being a tight squeeze.

Way to go, Kedogn!!! :number1: Keep it up. And :welcome: to Intercot!