PDA

View Full Version : OKW questions

WelshieLover
08-14-2008, 05:49 PM
I am seriously considering staying at OKW in January. This time we need a 2 bedroom villa. Are the majority of the 2 bedroom villas at OKW dedicated or are they mostly a 1 bedrooms and a studio with a connecting door? I know the bulidings closest to the Main Building. Do they have dedicated 2 bedrooms? I am also looking for a map of the OKW property. I know I saw one on the web but I don't remember where I found it. ANy other advice would be appreciated.

Maleficent's Dad
08-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Click here for a map of OKW. (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/okw07.JPG)
I have had a dedicated 2BR villa in building #23. It was on the second floor with a lovely view from the balconies. Just be sure to request a dedicated when making your ressies.

vizsla
08-15-2008, 05:20 AM
Each time we have stayed at OKW we had a dedicated 2bdr. villa. We have stayed in buildings 12, 14, and 16.

WelshieLover
08-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Thank you both for your responses. I saved the map. We stayed at OKW for short time in 2007. Our friends are DVC owners. We really loved OKW. My only misgiving about staying there in January is its remote location. With the parks closing early in January, it will be difficult at night to go to eat at other resorts and be able to get back to OKW as there are no resort to resort buses. I still think we may stay there becuase of the room sizes and the beauty of the resort.

Another question - have they upgraded the mattresses in the rooms? When we were there I really felt that the mattress was very uncomfortable (hard) on the king bed. I almost think that the sofa bed mattress had more give to it.

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Thank you both for your responses. I saved the map. We stayed at OKW for short time in 2007. Our friends are DVC owners. We really loved OKW. My only misgiving about staying there in January is its remote location. With the parks closing early in January, it will be difficult at night to go to eat at other resorts and be able to get back to OKW as there are no resort to resort buses. I still think we may stay there becuase of the room sizes and the beauty of the resort.

Another question - have they upgraded the mattresses in the rooms? When we were there I really felt that the mattress was very uncomfortable (hard) on the king bed. I almost think that the sofa bed mattress had more give to it.

You can always take the bus to DTD, then bus or boat back to OKW.

DVC_dad
10-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Great question. I'm not sure about the mattresses. To tell you the truth I am so dog dead tired at the end of each day (we have 7 children) I don't ever recall even being concious of what the bed even felt like.