PDA

View Full Version : Buying More Points

Lizzie
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Once you own a certain amount of points in a resort can you buy more points?

We are a family of 4 right now and only need a certain number. We will soon be a family of 5. Can we buy what we need now for a few years and than buy more?

If we purchase a resale can we buy more points?

Thanks. We are intrested in joining would just like to do a little at a time if possible.

Maleficent's Dad
08-14-2008, 04:45 PM
You can add on points at any point that you like. Disney will be happy to sell them to you.

Can we buy what we need now for a few years and than buy more?
Absolutely. In fact, most DVC'ers that I've encountered have added on points after their initial investment (us included!!!).

Yes - once you've closed on your deal, you're treated exactly like any other DVC member.

The only challenge that you MIGHT encounter when adding on points is the location. For example, if you're interested in adding on points at the BCV, you might have to go on a waiting list to do so; I've heard/read that the waitlists for buying additional points isn't so bad.

Lizzie
08-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks. For the quick responce. It looks more like something we could do if we did it a little at a time.

Disoriented
08-17-2008, 12:30 PM

We are a family of 4 right now and only need a certain number. We will soon be a family of 5. Can we buy what we need now for a few years and than buy more?

Thanks. We are intrested in joining would just like to do a little at a time if possible.

I would say that this is a smart way to go.

The down side is that your over all expenses will be slightly higher over time because smaller contracts command a premium price and you will have closing cost with each transaction.

However, I feel that the advantages out weigh this.

In the future if you need or want to downsize you can sell off the contract(s) you no longer need. A large contract can NOT be split apart. Plus small contracts sell much faster and once again command a premium price so you will receive more in return.

Also, if you so desire, you can purchase multiple home resorts giving that ever so important 7 to 11 month booking advantage at more than one location.

One word of caution if you buy multiple contracts is to make sure you buy the same use year as your original contract

Enjoy