PDA

View Full Version : Dining suggestions

AJHUNT2
08-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Okay, so DH and I are going to Disney Sept. 3-7 with the free dining. We have one night open for dinner but don't have and credits left but will be using our Disney reward dollars to pay for dinner anyways. Here's what we have

Thursday::mickey:
Arrive noonish, check in, late lunch, and hit Animal Kingdom
Dinner at Boma's

Friday:
Breakfast in Cinderella's Castle
table service somewhere
Dinner??? DH doesn't want to plan something because he doesn't know where we'll be

Sat.
MGM
table service lunch
Coral Reef for dinner (I may see about switching this to Friday so we can just ride the monorail from MK to Epcot)

Sun:
Epcot
Table service lunch
Leave :(

So basically I need something for dinner that's not going to be too crowded on a Friday or Saturday night. We like seafood, American, Italian, Mexican, and the likes.

I had looked at Big River Brewery at Boardwalk Inn. Anyone ever been there?

faline
08-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

At this point, you may have trouble getting a reservation at a table service restaurant.

Big River Brewing Company is pretty basic. It's okay but not the best food around. If you're going to dine at Boardwalk, I like ESPN better. Neither of these places take reservations so you'll just have to see how crowded it is when you walk up.

If you want reservations, I'd suggest calling to see what's still available at a location you'd like.

SBETigg
08-14-2008, 01:43 PM
At this point, it's unlikely that you'll be able to change the Coral Reef ADR. And I agree that you will have a hard time finding a table service place if you wait, except for the places that only take walk-in, which could make for a long wait.

Grand Floridian Cafe is a good one that usually doesn't book up fast. Or you might try Spoodles at the Boardwalk.

brownie
08-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Welcome to Intercot!

Don't cancel anything until you've got the replacements done; you may find it hard to make advanced dining reservations for some or all places this close to your trip.

Spoodles on the Boardwalk would be a place to consider. You might also consider the Rose & Crown Pub in World Showcase.

KAT1811
08-14-2008, 03:09 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!! I think you're going to like it here!!!

At this point, you may have trouble getting a reservation at a table service restaurant.

:ditto:

Free dining is very popular and the chances of you even getting a TS ADR this late in the game is very slim. I would call dining and give them your desired dining time frame and see what is avaliable.

I would also have the restaurant menu section in Info Central open when you call that way you can skim the menu of whatever restaurant they have avaliable to see if it appeals to you.

Figment78
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
You CAN still get ADRs for the free dining period. DH and I called yesterday for our upcoming trip and were able to get all the ones we wanted. Of course, they were not the most popular (we got San Angel Inn, Marrakesh, and Jiko), but I just wanted to tell you that all hope is not lost.

Natazu
08-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants that have Easy-to-Get ADRs:
7. Biergarten
6. Nine Dragons
5. Garden Grill
4. Olivia’s
3. Grand Floridian Café
2. Marrakesh
1. Wolfgang Puck Café

There was time when Big River Grill was on this list. Things there have changed over the last year or two. Little things like food quality, cleanliness, service level. It's still easy to get in though.

mjaclyn
08-14-2008, 06:14 PM
I just wanted to echo the point that it's incredibly difficult to get ADRs this close to your trip. DH and I are visiting WDW from Sept. 5-12th and I've been trying for WEEKS to get us into Le Cellier and Teppan Edo on almost any night of the trip and can't get in. I've also been trying to get into the new Tusker House breakfast buffet in Animal Kingdom with no luck. I would just say keep trying to get what you really want but in the meantime I would make some backup reservations somewhere just to make sure you have something to go to. With the introduction of the Disney Dining Plan it's virtually impossible to just walk up to a restaurant and get in for a meal.

AJHUNT2
08-18-2008, 01:47 PM
:thumbsup:
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I tried calling about Coral Reef and there was nothing so just kept it the way it was. They did have some for Biergarten which is where DH wanted to go so I got that. Hooray!:beer:

So there are still some out there!