PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Tournament: Aurora Region, Round 2

DizneyFreak2002
08-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Round 2 is off and running... Donald Duck Region has finished... Here are the results:

1) Boma defeated 4) Cantina de San Angel, 26-15...

3) Liberty Tree Tavern defeated 2) Coral Reef, 22-18

We will now begin the Aurora Region.. Here are the match ups:

1) Restaurant Akershus faces 4) Rainforest Cafe

2) Spoodles faces 6) Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

Going forward (I should have probably done this from the start, but, since there was some confusion in the last region, I'll start now) I will be putting where these dining choices are located and if they are CS, TS or food stand.... Hope that clears up any confusion...

Remember, this poll allows for multiple votes, so, cast your vote for both match ups... As always, you can find the updated brackets here:

Disney Dining Tournament (http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=278703)

On to the next region... Enjoy!!!

avantgardeinker
08-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Rainforest Cafe's breakfast is sooooo good!! And we just discovered how good Cosmic Ray's was on our last trip. I know it's counter service, but you really get enough food for it to be TS. We were blown away by the quality and quantity for a CS restaurant.

:mickey:

BrerSchultzy
08-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Rainforest is just too much of a hassle these days (although their BBQ Chicken pizza used to be my favorite thing in WDW), so I had to go with Akershus.

And I know there will be gripes about Cosmic Ray's leading Spoodles, but my 6 month old was entranced by Sonny Eclipse, and I'll never forget that memory.

AmandaChan
08-14-2008, 02:20 PM
The only restaurant I've been to in this poll is Cosmic Ray's. I'd rather not vote for it because I had a bad experience.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-14-2008, 02:56 PM
You can eat at Rainforest anywhere, so I went for Norway.

There is just something about Cosmic Ray's...so I also voted for them.

KAT1811
08-14-2008, 03:04 PM
I went with Norway, with 3 Princesses who can argue with that. We have a Rainforest Cafe not too far away and can eat there whenever, plus I hate the ridiculous wait.

I also went with Cosmic Rays. Not a huge Boardwalk fan but I am a huge MK fan. I'd rather eat in the MK than at the Boardwalk anyday!

JasonH
08-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Never ate at Spoodles, so I gave it up for one of my biggest mainstay's, Cosmic Ray's!! Now for Akershus or Rainforest, that was a hard decision. I love both, even with the changes that they made to Akershus. I still like the place enough that if I ever get a chance to do a solo trip again, I'd prolly eat there. :D But I had to go for Rainforest in the end. Unlike others on the board here, the nearest Rainforest for me is about 5-6 hours drive away, so I CAN'T go there anytime I want. The food is just excellent no matter what I choose. Neice loves those Mojo Bones. It's a great atmosphere and it is always the last item on our itinerary when we go to AK. There's even been once or twice where we almost didn't get a bus back to the hotel we were at too.:blush:

c&d
08-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Always find time to grab a bite at Cosmic Ray's.

DizneyFreak2002
08-15-2008, 11:57 AM
At the half way report, things are pretty close... Akershus has a slim 6 vote lead... Cosmic Ray's has a 9 vote lead...Will still one more day of voting left, things can turn in a heartbeat... Let's stay tuned in to see who pulls out these 2nd round victories...

Mackflava99
08-15-2008, 12:00 PM
We have consistantly gotten excellent meals at Spoodles-
Plus the service is always terrific-

GrmGrninGost
08-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Okay, I'll admit it. I love Cosmic Ray's! :mickey:

henry.james.s
08-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Tough to choose between Spoodles & Cosmic Ray's.
I'll give Spoodles the nod because of their great B'Fasts.
Ray's is my top MK CS by a long shot!!

Daddy Mouse
08-15-2008, 07:03 PM
It looks like another upset is brewing. Cosmic Rays "Cinderella Story". It is close to the castle. Anything is possible if you believe.

Disneypixie513
08-16-2008, 11:37 AM
I voted for Norway and Cosmic Ray's. :thumbsup: