PDA

View Full Version : Grand Gathering Dining

Jeff G
08-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Has anyone had experience with the Grand Gathering dining experiences?

I am traveling with a large group and it was just brought to our attention there are the three special meals available. I just checked and while we are there the only option is the EPCOT dining event. It sounds very awesome with the meal they offer along with the character interaction and the special seating for Illuminations.

I booked this today but if we want to take advantage of it then we need to cancel our ADR's at Hoop Dee Doo. We don't normally travel with groups of more than 8 so this may be our only chance to try it and HDD will be there next time so we are leaning towards the Grand Gathering experience.

Any opinions?

KAT1811
08-14-2008, 03:14 PM
We went with a group of 15 this past September and did the HDDR (like we do every year) personally I would not skip this for the Epcot dining experience. Any section around the lagoon will give you a good view of Illuminations and there are characters all over WDW but the laughs we had at the HDDR will forever be treasured. Plus the larger the group here the better!!!

I was recruited for the show last time and my children are still talking about it!!! What fun. The show is great! Plus there are a ton of things to do in FW before or after the show. Carriage rides, hay rides, petting zoo, campfire movie (complete with smores)!

Have a great time!!!