PDA

View Full Version : Adr Question

moe513
08-14-2008, 09:51 AM
If you make adrs for 10 can you easily changed that adr to 5 or do you have to totally cancel and then hope they have a 5 spot open at the same time? Thanks

Seasonscraps
08-14-2008, 10:01 AM
They should be easily able to change your reservation. My DH just called disney dining to take 5 people off of several ADRs and did not have to change the times or get a new ADR#.

Fangorn
08-14-2008, 10:07 AM
The answer is, of course, "it depends".

From my experience, the ease of chaning the number of people depends on how the tables have been configured for you. With 10, you may have a table for 6 and a table for 4, in which case, there should be no problem dropping your party to 5 - they'll just cancel the table for 4 and they won't even have to change your ADR number. If, on the other hand, they have configured your 10 as a table for 8 and a table for 2, then there could be a problem if there isn't a 6 person table available at the time of your ADR.

The best thing to do is call, explain the situation and let the ADR folks take care of it.

Good Luck

Steve

moe513
08-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks for your help. I guess the answer is ,maybe

wdw_bound
08-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Last year, we made our ADRs for six. Then my inlaws cancelled at the 46 day mark. I called about our reservations and explained what was going on to the CM. I was told that they'd have to rebook, meaning we might lose some of our coveted ADRs. She was kind enough to check availability for me before we cancelled anything, which was good, because otherwise we'd have lost OHana and CP (on a MVMCP night). Her advice was to leave those alone and just tell them at the podium that we were four, not six. We reduced the others.

In your situation, I'd call and work with the CM - especially since your reduction in numbers frees up a table for another family. I'd also call back and reconfirm everything, just to make sure that you weren't double booked one day with nothing the next (which has happened to us).

Have a great trip!