PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa concern

Ropachs
08-14-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm hoping to hear from you all who've had and used your reward points - and what you've used them for, how, and about the expiration.

I applied for my card yesterday - who doesn't want a card with the castle on it??? Then (should've done this first of course) I searched the FAQ and the Intercot site about it. Since we only do Disney once every 3-5 years I'm concered about the points expriring before we get back to the world. I thought I could use points on the Disneystore website - but I haven't seen anythinng about that. Yikes - hope I didn't make a mistake.

BMan62
08-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Disney Dream Reward Dollars shown
as your Program Rewards Balance will expire in sixty (60) billing cycles following the billing
cycle in which they are first posted on the monthly billing statement and will be redeemed
and expired on a first-in, first-out basis.

-- from the DisneyRewardsTerms.pdf provided on the Chase Disney Visa website.

Since the Rewards card works just like a debit/credit card, almost all shops/stands will accept it. We have used our for everything from Churros to clothing, Dole Whips to drinks in DTD.

MushuGrl
08-14-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm glad you started this thread because I myself have a question.

We had enough reward dollars last year the purchase the park dvd set we'd been wanting. This year we plan on using them for our pin collection.

I made mention of buying the Christmas party pin with them. My sister interjected that she thought we could only use them at World of Disney.

From your post, I take it they CAN be used anywhere?

BMan62
08-14-2008, 10:28 AM
When you get your Rewards points transferred to a Rewards Card, you can use the card just like a debit card. Any place that accepts debit cards will accept the Rewards card. Your receipt will tell you how many Rewards dollars you have remaining on the card.

The Rewards card is good until the end of the year FOLLOWING issue. Ex. You get a Rewards card issued in September of this year (2008,) it will be good until December 31, 2009. In that time you can transfer points accumulated through your Disney Visa purchases. One note -- any Rewards dollars on the Rewards card not redeemed by the expiration date on the card are lost.

We have used our Rewards card throughout the parks. We have actually never purchased anything at WOD (although your Disney Visa will get you 10% off your purchase!)

Belle619
08-14-2008, 10:36 AM
I recently opened an account, and after my first purchase, I was given a "thank-you" rewards card with a value of $10.

I was able to go onto the disney shopping website and use it towards the balance without any problems. On the back of my rewards card, it stated that it could be used at WDW, DLR or online purchases.

LauraleeH
08-14-2008, 11:16 AM
You can use your points on the Disney website online. It took me almost 2 years just to save up 81 points, but I got two tickets for MNSSHP for basically nothing! :mpumpkin:

Lynn J Mc
08-14-2008, 11:47 AM
I even used mine to buy a paperback book in the gift shop at the Polynesian. I build up points pretty quickly because I use the card for every thing and then pay the balance off each month. You have to have a minumum of $10 to transfer to a card. This got me the first time because I transferred all my points to a card and then had like 8 available right before the trip and couldn't transfer them. This time I left 10 out there so that I could transfer any more that I earn the day before the trip. I hope that makes sense in print. It makes sense in my head.

Ropachs
08-14-2008, 01:22 PM
THANK YOU for your help. Let me try to clarify a couple things to see if I have them correct.

1. Points on the reward card expire 12/31 of the next year BUT points accrued on your Visa are saved there for future transfer up to 60 cycles - 5 years. THAT'S what I'm really hoping!

2. If you have less than 10 points you cannot transfer them, but if you had over 10 you can transfer the whole amount - say 78 points, thus "clearing" out all your points.

3. A point is worth a dollar, yes?

BMan62
08-14-2008, 01:44 PM
THANK YOU for your help. Let me try to clarify a couple things to see if I have them correct.

1. Points on the reward card expire 12/31 of the next year BUT points accrued on your Visa are saved there for future transfer up to 60 cycles - 5 years. THAT'S what I'm really hoping!

2. If you have less than 10 points you cannot transfer them, but if you had over 10 you can transfer the whole amount - say 78 points, thus "clearing" out all your points.

3. A point is worth a dollar, yes?

Correct on all counts!

brownie
08-14-2008, 02:01 PM
I made mention of buying the Christmas party pin with them. My sister interjected that she thought we could only use them at World of Disney.

From your post, I take it they CAN be used anywhere?

Yes, you can use your Rewards almost anywhere at Disney World and Disneyland.

jdcastle
08-14-2008, 06:52 PM
When you get your Rewards points transferred to a Rewards Card, you can use the card just like a debit card. Any place that accepts debit cards will accept the Rewards card. Your receipt will tell you how many Rewards dollars you have remaining on the card.

It was my understanding that you cannot use your rewards just like a debit card UNLESS you are on Disney property. Correct?

You can use them on Disney Shopping, or you can order coupons from Chase that allow you to purchase DVDs at select stores like Wal-Mart, or a couple of other options. You have options to spend them rewards while at home, but they are limited. Spending them at Disney is just like any other transaction. Right?

Ropachs
08-14-2008, 09:01 PM
In addition to the last posters questions, I have one more. For anyone who remembers, how long did it take from the time you applied and were approved until you got your cards in the mail? I applied and got approved yesterday, Wed, and am hoping the cards will be here by next Friday when I have to make our final payment. THANKS again!

BMan62
08-15-2008, 09:01 AM
It was my understanding that you cannot use your rewards just like a debit card UNLESS you are on Disney property. Correct?

You can use them on Disney Shopping, or you can order coupons from Chase that allow you to purchase DVDs at select stores like Wal-Mart, or a couple of other options. You have options to spend them rewards while at home, but they are limited. Spending them at Disney is just like any other transaction. Right?

Sending you a PM with the link to the Chase Disney Visa benefits information.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Can someone tell me the andswer to this? I have about $70 points on my rewards card. Can I give this to the POP when we sign in? And ask them to exhaust these points before charging our room card? Like for tips and the like?

DOes this make sense?

BMan62
08-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Can someone tell me the andswer to this? I have about $70 points on my rewards card. Can I give this to the POP when we sign in? And ask them to exhaust these points before charging our room card? Like for tips and the like?

DOes this make sense?

I read on another thread somewhere on here that YES you can use your Rewards Card/Points to pay down your bill at your resort. Like you said, just give them the card and have them apply your points to your room account/KTTW card and you'll be good to go.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks BMAN62

tinktude
08-17-2008, 10:59 PM
If you are going to disney, and are going to use all of your points there you can simply take your disney visa and go to a place at downtown disney and they will issue you a card with your points on it. We did this last year, and it was nice, no waiting!!