PDA

View Full Version : How is Caribbean Beach Resort???

faberj
08-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Just wondering as I might be staying there now instead of CSR to take advantage of a discount.

Unlimitedfun
08-14-2008, 09:34 AM
We stayed there in 2007. It was our first trip to Disney, so didn't have antthing to compare it with. I liked it. Would have stayed there again, but we're doing a value resost this time. It is a big resort, but has an internal bus system, lots of walking trails etc. :mickey:

Wrigley
08-14-2008, 09:52 AM
We absolutely LOVE CBR. It is our favorite moderate resort. It is a very colorful resort and definately has the tropical feeling. We also really enjoy Old Port Royale-foodcourt, arcade, and shop. The foodcourt has tons of choices-something for everyone. Another nice thing is the many pools the resort has. Each "island" has it's own quiet pool, and there is also the main pool. We always stay in Martinique and have enjoyed this location-it's right next to Old Port Royale! I hope you enjoy your vacation and have a great time at CBR if you choose to stay here!:mickey:

luvdiznee
08-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Very nice resort. Already thinking of staying there in 2009 :D :mickey:

MuchLovedMama
08-14-2008, 01:31 PM
DH & I don't care for CBR. We stayed there 1 time & thoght it was run down & too big. We are pretty picky though. Our pool was nice & quiet. Most of the time it was just us but to get up to the food court we had to take a bus. It was just too far of a walk. Not what you want to do after a long day of walking in the parks.

Disney fans..
08-14-2008, 01:42 PM
We are staying there this November for the first time and we are really excited..it's so colorfull & pretty! :mickey:

minnie-mouse
08-14-2008, 02:56 PM
DH & I don't care for CBR. We stayed there 1 time & thoght it was run down & too big.

They are in the process of refurbishing many of the rooms at CBR right now. We love CBR and had debated about trying a new resort such as csr, but just don't think it has the great laidback feel and fun ambience that CBR has. CBR has a great food court, great pool (which is being renovated right now as well), clean rooms, good bus service, pools at each building.

As for the resort being large and a lot of walking, we stayed in the jamaica building over the lake from OPR and did not find the walk more than 5 minutes. Our two year old did it fine to/from the big pool and food court.

You will love CBR, definitely give it a chance, you won't be disappointed!

kathiep
08-14-2008, 03:46 PM
We stayed at CBR in 2006 and really enjoyed it. If we weren't on the kick of trying as many resort as we can, we'd definately go back. My kids were young and we didn't find the walking to be too much. It was nice family time together and we could get most places in under 10 minutes.

We loved the laid back island feel of this resort. Can't wait to see how the new pool is.

DDuck66
08-14-2008, 04:19 PM
CBR is our favorite moderate resort. We have stayed there several times through the years. I would agree that the resort is rather large...but we always try and stay at jamaica or Aruba. They are directly across the bridge from the food court and shops. It is a nice walk no more than 5 or 10 mins. Also if you are driving, we would actually drive around and park our car in front of Port Royale so that when we had large amounts of goodies to pick up, we could put it in the trunk and not have to carry it across the bridge and back to the room. Have fun!!! I think you will enjoy it.

KAT1811
08-15-2008, 09:35 AM
We do not care for the CBR. Stayed there once and have no desire to ever return. It felt cold to me, poorly laid out, and the worst food court I have ever been to.

On the other hand we LOVE CSR, which IMHO is closer to a deluxe than any of the other moderates. I would find it very hard to go from CSR to any other moderate. Just wouldn't be the same. CSR is so beautiful and has so many wonderful things to do. Plus the food court is fabulous and has tons of different offerings. The pool area is equally fabulous at CSR!!!

Disnamic Duo
08-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Just wondering as I might be staying there now instead of CSR to take advantage of a discount.

We made this same switch to get the discount that came out yesterday. We LOVE CSR, and had a reservation there. But, we don't mind saving $536! And we've never stayed at CBR, and we do like trying different resorts. To be different we tried POR last Nov, but we really weren't that crazy about it. I think, from the looks of all the pix I've seen, that CBR is closer to the same type resort as CSR - I hope so, anyway. It looks beautiful. We'll be there late Oct, so the main pool should be open again. We're looking forward to it!

MNNHFLTX
08-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Caribbean Beach is a nice resort--pretty rooms in brightly colored buildings set in a relaxing tropical setting. There is one thing I don't care for about it and that's that the Customs building where you check-in/check-out (and catch your ME bus) is in a separate area from the Port Royale building, where the food court and gift shop is. Not the biggest deal in the world, but if you want to grab a bite to eat before heading out to the parks after checking in, or before catching your bus back to the airport, it means an extra trip on the resort shuttle bus.

disney100%
08-15-2008, 04:56 PM
My family loves CBR. We usually switch back and forth between POR and CBR each trip. We are actually staying at CBR this October. As someone else suggested, request Aruba or Jamaica. They are a nice walk across the water to Old Port Royale. If you are placed in South Trinidad building 39, ask to switch. It is definitely a long walk from everything, though it is very peaceful/quiet and we always had the pool to ourselves. We are looking forward to see the main pool renovations and the new rooms (hopefully, we will get one of the newly renovated ones).

I have also stayed at CSR, which we thought was nice, but we probably would not stay there again. We felt the atmosphere and cast members we encountered were not as pleasant as at CBR or POR. Of course, we stayed there when they first opened and they have probably made improvements since then because I have read a lot of good reviews of it here on Intercot.

Melissa from Magical Journeys just got us a great discount for staying at CBR too, so that makes it even better!