PDA

View Full Version : Please send pixie dust for cousin!

disneycutie165
08-14-2008, 08:39 AM
My cousin Lydia, 10, has had a friend for a little over a year now at her church. But just last week she found out that she is moving. Really moving. Her mom is not a citizen to the US, because she was born in Africa, but Lydia's friend is a citizen because she was born here. Well, apparently she came here without any permission and she has to take herself, daughter and son back to live in Africa. They could come back in a year when she gets her new Visa, but who knows. They might never come back. Well Lydia found out 3 days before she left (Monday of last week) and she is heartbroken! I have never seen her so depressed! Please send prayers and pixie dust and i'll pass them along to her. Thanks a ton!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
08-14-2008, 09:27 AM
That's sad. It's hard to have friends far away. When I was in fifth grade, my best friend moved about an hour away and it may as well have been to another country. I hardly ever saw her again. Now my best friends live in opposite corners of the country, but I always feel like they're close thanks to email and phone, and we plan trips to get together once a year.

I hope your cousin can keep in touch with her best friend so that she doesn't feel so far away, but it sounds uncertain. :pixie: for her to get through a tough time.

crazypoohbear
08-14-2008, 09:57 AM
That's too bad for your little cousin.
I grew up in a military family so we were always either moving away or our friends were moving.
Maybe you could take her out for a cousins only day and make her feel better?

wdwgrl377
08-14-2008, 12:05 PM
:pixie: on the way.

I have a really close friend, who i met while living in Atlanta. She has a mom living in Florida, but she had to go back to S.Africa b/c her Visa expired. she is trying so hard to get back here and it's really hard on her.

I don't understand why it's taking her so long to get approved to come here - she applied to come back in 2002 and still is having trouble.

I wish your friend and the family the best of luck that all will work out.