PDA

View Full Version : Must sees at Epcot

Bethis26fan
08-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I've been to disney 2 times before and love Epcot, but yet I haven't seen much of it. Esp in the world showcase. We've only did the ride in mexico, and the movie in Canada. We've also watched the street show in italy. What are some of the must sees and must trys in the world show case. We've only eaten at Le Cellier and we always get a pastry in France, that limits are food in take. I've heard about diffrent things like the candy maker & the ride in norway that I'm going to try to hit this time, but what else. Tell me your fave things to eat, see, shop and play in the world show case. Thanks

arsenal3
08-13-2008, 11:15 PM
EPCOT, is by far my favorite theme park.

As far as things you should see, there is a movie in Canada, US, and China. I havnt seen the China one or the Canada one but the US one was pretty cool. My favorite country is prolly either China or Japan, both have real cool architecture. If you have the time and money, because it can get expensive, try to eat your way around the world. My famliy did this this past June. There are 8 of us and we ordered two things at each country(not 2 each,2 all together), it was real fulfilling and very good. The gilauto (sp, sorry) is really good, that is in Italy. There is a show in England that is amusing for the little ones, and a sports store there if you have any fans of soccer or rugby. Canadas landscape is very cool. For Illuminations try to sit outside and the English Pub, one of the greatest seats there, or as long as the wind is blowing at you eat outside at the MExican Pavillion. Germany has alot of soccer gear also.

At Epcot is wear most of my famliy got there souviners, they do have some real cool stuff.

Just a tip if you are staying more than one night and plan to go to Epcot on Extra magic nights, I would tour the world at night then. WE did this one night and there was absolutly no one there. It was real easy to see everything, how ever the future world is jam packed on Extra Magic Nights, so if you want to ride the rides there then I would get there earlier or try to ride the more popular ones during the Illuminations show if you happen to see it twice.

Davyjones
08-13-2008, 11:41 PM
You definitely got to see The Seas With Nemo and Friends! :thumbsup: :dory::nemo:

karenrarintogo
08-13-2008, 11:53 PM
I love the Maelstrom ride in Norway. Be sure to stay for the brief travelogue after the ride. A lot of people skip it by walking through the room between showings, but we were surprised how much we enjoyed it. :mickey:

karenrarintogo
08-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Be sure to do a counter service meal at Tangierine Cafe. Very good Moroccan food!

gauvin4
08-14-2008, 08:22 AM
My family loved the Chinese acrobats and the Drummers :drum: in Japan!! I love the American Adventure. It makes me tear up every time (I am very proud of our country). :flag:

wdwfansince75
08-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Some of it depends on when you go. The shows are great. You need to at least sample:
Off Kilter
British Invasion
Mariachi Cobre
and whatever is in the American Garden Theatre

I have never managed to see Mo'Rockin. You might try it as well.

American Adventure is also great. Usually a great acapella pre-show. The show itself is a history lesson performed by animatronics figures. (Be alert...some of ny best naps were in this show.)

If you have not seen it, Maelstrom is a cute ride. Frankly, I enjoy the Mexican boat ride as well. If you manage to stay awake for the whole show at American Adventure, you can grab a nap at the French movie....with beautiful scenery as bookends to your nap.

Lots of great food...churros in Mexico, School Bread in Norway, your choice of offerings in China, Soft Pretzels in Germany....or Black Forest cake............and my very personal favorite, the Pistachio Gelato from the little wagon between Germany and Italy....My mom said I should get my greens every day!....I usually stroll back to the garden railroad while eating my PG. On to the American pavilion...usually catch at least one performance of the Fife and Drums...Funnel cake, if you have room....Japan has much to offer, including the drummers, and the candy maker....then on to Morocco....and a Tangerine slushie....France is an all attack on the senses....looks, smells, and sounds combine....Pick your favorite pastry or snack....and on to the UK....the street show, while eating something...usually fish and chips...and finally, on to Canada....my excursions differ somewhat trip to trip...sometimes I do it counter-clockwise....but I always get the Pastachio Gelato!

Tastes differ....I enjoy the meal and the entertainment at the Biergarten....you should do it at least once. I don't do much shopping...just stroll, or lurk, and soak it all in. Love the view back to Future World...O, and I forgot to mention the softserve (or Root Beer float) at the Outpost.

sdewan
08-14-2008, 10:49 AM
American Adventure is THE must-see attraction in World Showcase. Just note that it is approximately 45 minutes long, so timing your arrival near the start of a show takes some thought. Usually we'll walk past and note the times, then go hang out in Italy or Germany until showtime.

There's also an unofficial attraction at World Showcase called "drinking around the world". A castmember friend told us about this. The idea is simple: you start at Canada or Mexico and have a drink in every pavilion until you've gone all the way around. So for example you'd have a Molson in Canada, a Bass in UK, a glass of merlot in France, etc. This will guarentee you're really hammered if you make it all around. We've never actually done it all the way around, but we like the concept of sampling SOMETHING from every pavilion. So we substitute a pastry in France, a canoli from Italy, a funnel cake from America, etc. Either way, it's a marathon of calorie consumption only partly offset by the large amount of walking. But that's what vacation is about, isn't it?

MickeysEars
08-14-2008, 12:15 PM
I love the Maelstrom ride in Norway. Be sure to stay for the brief travelogue after the ride. A lot of people skip it by walking through the room between showings, but we were surprised how much we enjoyed it. :mickey:

This entire country is my favorite part of the World

Imagineer1981
08-14-2008, 12:59 PM
We never miss Mexico, TT, M:S, Figment

bruin1344
08-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Soarin, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Mexico Ride, Maelstorm, America Adventure Video

SBETigg
08-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Our WS Musts(we usually take a few days to visit in shorter stops, a little WS at a time):

*Gran Fiesta Tour river ride in Mexico
*Browsing the shops
*We usually also have a lunch at San Angel Inn, a favorite with my kids.
*A margarita at the stand outside Mexico

*Maelstrom in Norway
*Browsing shop
*Schoolbread, we've found, is entirely skippable

*Browsing shop in China

*Browsing shops, getting some Gummi candy(for the teenagers), and having a winetasting (for the adults) in Germany

*Browsing the shops and wine-tasting in Italy

*Hitting the American Adventure show in the America pavilion was a must-do only once for us.

*Shopping in Japan
*Visiting Yakitori House to split an excellent counter service meal.

*Shopping in Morocco
*Visiting Tangierine Cafe to split an excellent counter service meal.

*Shopping and wine-tasting in France. Having a pastry at the Boulangerie Patisserie, or a crepe with ice cream.

*Shopping and spending time at the Rose & Crown pub

*Shopping in Canada, and we like to go back behind the Le Cellier area to enjoy the gardens and waterfall. Le Cellier is not a must for us-- but it is a nice place to visit.

Nice to do but not musts for us:
Seeing the performances of WS that add to the atmosphere and catching some of the WS films in France, Canada, China. The American Adventure after our first visit.

2Epcot
08-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Everything! .... at least once. The first couple of times we went to Epcot we saw everything we could. Depending on how much time you have, don't choose attractions based on the park map, try to see as much as you can. The American Adventure is one that I would say is a must-see in World Showcase. There is so much to see at all the parks, I don't understand skipping stuff when you're visiting parks for the first time.

thumperbug
08-14-2008, 02:18 PM
We never tire of Epcot. We usually do Future World one day and then World Showcase another.

We can easily make a whole day out of World Showcase and never get tired or bored of it. Something is always new.

You can also either eat or drink your way around the world...lol

FenwayGirl
08-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Epcot is our favorite park!

Must sees:
The American Adventure
The British Invasion
The Chinese Acrobats

Must ride:
Maelstrom
Test Track
Soarin'

Must try:
Glass of Rosa Regale in Italy
School Bread
Churros

Disney fans..
08-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Epcot is my fav park..it is so fun to drink your way around all of the Worlds, or if your not a big drinker share a drink with your partner or friend throughout all of the worlds.

:beer::marg::wine:

Mousemates
08-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Off-Kilter

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-14-2008, 03:29 PM
There is also a ride in Mexico...the pavilions are a wonder in architectural reproductions and hidden mickeys, the shops offer special items from that country...and the food is hands down the best on DW property...CS and TS

JerseyDad
08-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Being that EPCOT is our favorite stop in all of WDW...it's hard to choose only a few "must do's...but:

...Spaceship Earth is a must (even the "new and improved" version :rolleyes:)

...a dinner in Mexico at San Angel Inn (romantic...romantic...romantic....and great margaritas!!)

...shopping in Italy and France for great new fragrances (and one of these days...my wife will get one for me!!)

....hibachi dinner in Teppan Edo (fabulous service...yummy food....gracious smiling servers and chef's)

crazypoohbear
08-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Off Kilter - the bag pipe rock band in Canada
voices of liberty - American adventure
british invasion - UK
the drums in Japan
the ride in Norway
the ride in Mexico
Test track
Mission space
Nemo
Soarin'
Figment - Journey into imagination
Honey I shrunk the audience
Spaceship earth
Churros in mexico
Margarita's in mexico
Wine & Pastry in France
Illuminations
Innoventions is a great place to walk around and see the future.
I always like looking at the appliances of the future and imagine what my house would look like if I were rich and didn't have kids ;)
Shopping at mousegear

kemps@wdw
08-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Do it all. even if it takes 2 days! :thumbsup: Our fave Epcot activity is to go there in the late afternoon, take a leisurely stroll around WS lagoon, and eat and drink our way "around the World". Stop and take in the musical acts, (Off Kilter in Canada, Britsh Invasion in UK, Mo Rockin in Morocco, etc...), and try to do, see, eat, or drink something in each country!:thumbsup: The movies are OK, The American Adventure is a must for us (for obvious reasons), the Maelstrom in Norway rocks, and by the time you reach the end, it should be time for Illuminations and you'll want to scarf a prime spot for that! The important thing is to just relax and enjoy the evening w/no rushing (no need) !

CaptSmee
08-15-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm the wrong person to ask...everything except Innoventions is a "must" for me at Epcot! I love it there! The atmosphere, the music, the entertainment, the attractions, the food...everything!

Villains0501
08-15-2008, 02:35 PM
It really depends on what u like if u like tasting different beers go to UK or Germany. If you like wine go to Italy or France. If u want excitement go to Norway. if u want culture go to morroco or mexico. If u want history go to america. and finally if u want just plain fun go to China or Japan both have truly unique things. Japan has a woman who makes sculptures out of candy, and China has a really good restaurant (now being refurbished) and gift shop.

Simba's Mom
08-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Be sure to catch a show of the WS Players in Great Britain by the Tea Shop. Very talented, hysterical group.

GrmGrninGost
08-17-2008, 04:14 PM
For World Showcase, my favorite attractions are American Adventure show, the movie in France, the Maelstrom and the boat ride in Mexico. I love the churros in Mexico also! As far as a TS restaurant, I like LeCellier and Rose & Crown. There is also some great entertainment available. We enjoy the Fife and Drum Corps and the Voices of Liberty at the American pavillion. We also enjoy the British Invasion at UK.

In Future World, I love Soarin', Test Track, Turtle Talk with Crush, Mission Space and Spaceship Earth. As for Spaceship Earth, IMHO it was much better before this last "refurb". Future World also has two of my favorite TS restaurants, Coral Reef and Garden Grill! YUM!! :mickey:

Last, but certainly now least, do not miss Illuminations!!