PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Club

QueenDisneyBound
08-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Hi all, we are going to Disney on Sept 12th (can't wait)! We have an extra TS on the free dining that I didn't make reservations due to going to SeaWorld one day.
I wanted to get people's opinion of the ESPN Club...I think that I remember seeing that reservations are not allowed there...is there a long wait? Is the food good? Is it an ok place for my boys, ages 10 and 13?
My younger son is a sports nut, and thought that this may be a good place to go to eat one day. Also, we never visited the BoardWalk, so thought we could get that in too.

All opinions appreciated!! Thanks so much!

DumboMom
08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
ESPN is good. I think of it as pub food (burgers, nachos etc). My DD5 and DS3 and DH love the place. If you have a sports nut in your family then you need to dine here.
The wait has been about 20-30 on some nights but if the weather is good, it is nice to sit outside. The only negative then I have to say is that the place is very loud. My husband would tell you the best part are the TV in the bathroom.

The Boardwalk area is really nice and there is often many things going on. :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
08-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Is it an ok place for my boys, ages 10 and 13?
My younger son is a sports nut, and thought that this may be a good place to go to eat one day.
Your boys will LOVE it! You might try going for lunch as soon as they open; we go then, and have always been seated quickly. Great food, plentiful portions, FUN place! Wonderful little bakery on the Boardwalk if you have any room left after the ESPN Club! Enjoy, and welcome to Intercot!:wave:

smiles_rock
08-13-2008, 10:44 PM
You're sports fans will love the ESPN club, the atmosphere is great! My only advice is to be aware of what sporting events are going on the day you plan to go. If there is a big game the wait could be really long to get a table. We waited over an hour during football season.

goofy-4-disney
08-14-2008, 03:35 AM
I've eaten at the ESPN Club on several occasions and have never been disappointed in either the food or the wait. Granted most of the time I was with my family in the middle of july when no major sporting events are going on, or I was there by myself and could just walk in and sit at the bar area. But smiles is right, if you are there during the time that a big/major sporting event is going on try and get there as close to opening as you can. The food is typical pub/bar food: burgers, nachos, wings and the like. Fair prices, great atmosphere and in my opinion an above average dining experience. If you give it a try (and you should!!!) I am confident in saying that you and your family will really enjoy it!!:mickey:

QueenDisneyBound
08-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Well, you all made that decision easy :thumbsup:! We will definitely make it a point to go there...thanks for the tips and suggestions..

We're on countdown now!!! :D

bruin1344
08-14-2008, 01:21 PM
food is typical pub food like a previous poster said but its fun spot, especially for sports nuts

Going2HeavenRU
08-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Can you do a CS meal there or is it only for TS meals?

mickeys_princess_mom
08-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Can you do a CS meal there or is it only for TS meals?
TS, I believe. Quite reasonable, though, if you need to do out-of-pocket. That's what we do.

barnaby
08-14-2008, 09:23 PM
We ate there in March and thought it was a cool place. Food was pretty good. Great atmosphere for the sports fans.
There are TVs in the men's room which maybe the greatest thing ever. :)

Only advice I can give you is to avoid it the day of a big sports event. We were there during a March Madness Men's b-ball game and couldn't get a seat until the game was over.

thumperbug
08-14-2008, 10:22 PM
We go there at least once on every trip. We must must have the 1 lb chili cheese dog with the works. I think it might even be more of a pound. BUt it is a must have once item.

Oh, the other food is good to and they make some great creative drinks.

When we go we try to go for lunch when it first opens. My DS is 6 and if we go any later in the day he has to listen to "creavtive sports language" that I'd rather not have him hear.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Is ESPN on the DDP? If it is, I can think of a lot of other restaraunts that are better values for using a TS than at ESPN. Go a few doors down for example to Spoodles. Use ESPN for a beer and some apps then make better use of the TS.

Other than all the tv's, it's basically a Chammps or TGIF type restaraunt, a sports bar and grill.

It's fun, and they have a nice store, but I can think of much better uses of the TS. (thinking LeCellier vs ESPN, no competition).

Imagineer1981
08-19-2008, 12:49 PM
I always get the roast beef sandwich with horseradish sauce....mmmm

Soul_Power
08-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I took my sports loving boyfriend :number1: to the ESPN Club last year, and he LOVED IT! There is a lot of sports memorabilia everywhere and so many TVs - you all will have a great time! I even saw a few booths that had a TV built into the wall and some kids were playing Playstation right at their table! Very cool!

The nachos are HUGE!

mickeys_princess_mom
08-20-2008, 08:27 PM
I always get the roast beef sandwich with horseradish sauce....mmmm
This is my favorite, too!:mickey: