PDA

View Full Version : test track

motherof4
08-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Anybody have any advise on riding test track?everytime we have gone to epcot we go there first thing and there is still a hour wait with 4 kids and heat this is just too long I have never been on fast track is it worth the wait or is it over rated please advise

karenrarintogo
08-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Besides getting fast passes, are you willing to go in the single rider line? We've done it the last 3 times we've been on this ride. The 1st two times was literally a walk on (regular line was at least an hour) and the last time we waited 15 minutes in the single rider line (I figured more people are catching on how quickly you ride if in the single rider line). My husband has always been in the car right behind me, so we essentially get off the ride together.
We will never wait in the regular line again! :mickey:

shan-ash
08-13-2008, 08:51 PM
we always get a fat pass for this ride and haven't waited more than 10 minutes!

mook3y
08-13-2008, 09:21 PM
definately get fast passes and go on it. It is one of our kids favorite rides! oh, us adults like it lots too! :party:

EditReject
08-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Besides getting fast passes, are you willing to go in the single rider line? We've done it the last 3 times we've been on this ride. The 1st two times was literally a walk on (regular line was at least an hour) and the last time we waited 15 minutes in the single rider line (I figured more people are catching on how quickly you ride if in the single rider line). My husband has always been in the car right behind me, so we essentially get off the ride together.
We will never wait in the regular line again! :mickey:

Ditto here. The ride loads very quickly so if you are willing to do the single rider line, then the wait time is minimal.

disneymom2000
08-13-2008, 09:29 PM
I would pick up my fastpass and then head over to Universe of Energy and hang out until my fastpass was due. Personally I did test track but it isn't a must do for me. I don't really understand the attraction of the ride. I did like the show floor with all the cars.

GrmGrninGost
08-13-2008, 10:24 PM
I think Test Track is a great ride! Use the Fastpass system! You shouldn't have to wait in line more than 10-15 minutes once your pass time comes! :mickey:

SBETigg
08-14-2008, 12:12 AM
It's a lot of fun and well worth it. Separate into the Single Rider line if you can't manage a Fastpass (but Fastpasses are often available, and enable you to ride together). Even the wait is fun-- the queue is really fascinating, but the music will wear on you. :cool:

JPL
08-14-2008, 01:26 AM
Are you arriving at park opening? If you arrive at park opening and head directly to Test track you should be able to ride with a short wait or atleast get a Fast pass for early in the day. If you are arriving later in the day the line will be long and at busier time Fast passes might be gone for the day.

thrillme
08-14-2008, 08:48 AM
We do it in July. We get there right when the park opens (on any other day except on "early morning entry day). We head straight to Test track and get our fast passes then get in the REGULAR line. If you do this first thing the wait should only be about 10-15 minutes. After that the line starts to fill up fast. THEN we use the fast passes (they're usually good immediately that early in the morning)...If your fast pass time isn't due then head to mission space or sorin'.

If your kids are old enough or there's at least one other adult or older responsible child...you can do the single rider line which goes pretty quick. We did this even when my son was younger. It was really comfortable when there was a second adult around because we could just "sandwich" the kids (adult/oldest goes first...then the kids...then the last adult/oldest).

I really enjoy this ride. I know it's basically a "car" ride but it's really cool the way it's themed.

By doing the line IMMEDIATELY at park opening (you should be waiting to get in...slowly inching closer to it as the cast members keep you in place)...get fast passes, get in line and then get in line again as single riders...you should be guaranteed to be able to ride it 3 times even in the busiest summer months.

Mousemates
08-14-2008, 09:07 AM
TestTrack is a first thing in the morning ride...go there and get in line when the park opens.... or get a fast pass first thing and then go ride either soarin or Mission space.

Meteora
08-14-2008, 09:50 AM
As others have said, if you get there at opening, you should be fine. Our usual strategy is to have the members of our party who don't like to walk fast go straight to TT, and the "runners" head to Soarin to get fps, then meet the others to join the stand-by.

Imagineer1981
08-14-2008, 01:09 PM
We would ride Test Track 1000xs before ever riding Soarin again. He he, just like to get that poke in there. But seriously Test Track is very cool, worth the wait at least once

bruin1344
08-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Besides get a fast pass or go to single rider line, wait in the regular line, for some reason the past few times we waited in the regular line it said 30-60 minutes but turned out to be half that