PDA

View Full Version : As seen on TV store- Vent

pink
08-13-2008, 07:21 PM
My dads birthday is coming up this Friday and over a month ago I ordered Mighty Putty. They always have commercials for it, it wasn't his main gift but I thought it would just be good to have something else just to wrap up. Well I ordered it July 24th and just received it today August 13th. They told me it would take 6 buisness days. Not only was it very late but I contacted there customer service twice to help me track the package (I didn't think it was going to make it here on time) and they ignored both of my emails. I called customer service and since the lines were all busy they didn't even give the chance to hold they hung up on me! I received the Mighty Putty in a regular shipping box loose, all the bottles they come in were dusty and disgusting and there were no receipt. I was going to ship it back but they don't pay for shipping things back so if I did it would cost me $35 +. Don't use the website for as seen on tv!

Sunshine1010
08-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the 'heads up'.

I recently had an incident where I ordered a spa part through an online store (am I allowed to name the website?). They lied numerous times, never returned my phone calls, emails, messages, etc. When I did talk to people, they would always lie. I called and left a threatening message about a lawyer....and wow...they called back. Got the product within days.

My issue was the lies. Blatant lies.

Again - thanks for the 'heads up'. And I'm sorry you had to deal with this.

crazeedizneefinatic
08-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Had something similar happen to me a few years back. Not from the as seen on tv store though. If you paid by credit card you can contact them to see if they can do anything for you. You obviously did not purchase loose dirty items and that is what you got. That is deceptive. Contact the company and let them know you are contacting your CC company, if they are a company that cares they will respond to you, if not maybe your CC company will be able to do something for you. Good luck, what a disappointment.

disneygirlie11
08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
I work at Wal-Mart and they carry a ton of as seen on tv stuff. Including Mighty Putty. So if you can return it, you can purchase there. All that stuff is usually up front on one of the lanes. :thumbsup:

Sunshine1010
08-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Crazzee is right. Besides telling the company that I was going to talk to a lawyer, I also told them that I had already contacted the credit card company and they were going to investigate it (that's the truth). Like I said ---- we received a call FINALLY and then they sent the item within a few days. But even then, he still lied to us about some stuff.

Good luck!

thrillme
08-14-2008, 08:03 AM
I've been in the similar boat. It was around Christmas one year and being from a family of fishermen I ordered a couple of "lighted minnow buckets" for christmas presents. It seems sooo cool on TV (perhaps I was just sucker to the late night advertising...my brain was asleep but I wasn't).

When it came in it was like one of water bottle dispenser/milk bottle plastic bottle. It had a twisty top with a place for a low watt light bulb. All of it had blobs of silicon on it. A hole was drilled in the top and an extension cord came out (yes... a regular household extension cord). The cord was stripped at the end and two parrot hooks were tied in. You were supposed to hook this up to a "boat battery". UHHHHH...Since they were just plastic bottles and they had cost $60 I was able to ship them back pretty cheap. BUT...I never got my promised "money back refund" even after countless calls to the company.

Thank goodness for Mastercard...they refunded the money.

So much of that...As Seen On TV is in stores now. I'd rather get it there. My general rule is if you can't buy it in a store it's probably so cheezy that they don't want you to see it.

jonsmom
08-14-2008, 08:26 AM
I saw this product at Kohls yesterday plus they had scratch off coupons for more savings.

MamaStyles
08-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Forget Mighty Putty!! I purchased mine @ Target (wish I would have saved the receipt). I followed the instructions EXACTLY trying to repair a handle on my dresser. The next day I went to open the drawer, the handle fell off!

GMA did a review of products "SEEN on TV", Mighty Putty, plus those 'green bags' got negative reviews!

I feel most of those products are overpriced and not very effective. Next time I'll save my receipt and go for a refund.:down::rant::angry:

tinksmom02
08-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Off-topic, but dd6 thinks that Mighty Putty has to be absolutely the best thing in the entire world LOL She always tries to get us to order it, and we have a hard time explaining that most of that stuff is just garbage.

To OP, I would contact your CC company and see if there's anything they can do for you.

pink
08-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I ended up giving it to my dad anyways and it was actually one of his favorite gifts, go figure. :mickey:

Tinkermom
08-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Off-topic, but dd6 thinks that Mighty Putty has to be absolutely the best thing in the entire world LOL She always tries to get us to order it, and we have a hard time explaining that most of that stuff is just garbage.

Oh I had to laugh when I read this. Our DD7 thinks the same thing! When they first started advertising she called it "mighty pighty"! :D She keeps saying that we really need this. I have tried to explain to her that not everything on tv is exactly as they say even if Billy Mays says so!!;)

alphamommy
08-17-2008, 10:13 AM
I had a similar problem a few Christmases ago with a major retailer. DD only wanted one item from Santa - an Aquadoodle. She saw it on TV, and was obsessed with it. "Santa" looked high and low for them in stores, but they were no where to be found. "He" finally found them on the website for this large company, with plenty of shipping time before the holidays.

Santa ordered the Aquadoodle. There was an e-mail confirmation, with a tracking number for shipping.

As Christmas approached, Santa became concerned that the item had not arrived. He was able to track the package as far as being shipped to a UPS distribution center, but it fell off the face of the earth. There were numerous calls to the large retailer's customer service line, and they were unable to confirm the order, even with their company's confirmation number! UPS couldn't find the package at the distribution center. I have no idea what happened to it. Santa's credit card was never charged, and the item was never received.

Santa ended up frantically shopping the last few days before Christmas, and (amazingly) found an Aquadoodle at Target (thank heavens). DD was thrilled, but only played with it a couple times, and it's now long gone.

Meerkat
08-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Forget Mighty Putty!! I purchased mine @ Target (wish I would have saved the receipt). I followed the instructions EXACTLY trying to repair a handle on my dresser. The next day I went to open the drawer, the handle fell off!

Good to know. I have wondered if those TV ads were too good to be true.