PDA

View Full Version : Which attraction would you not miss?

Minniefan68
08-13-2008, 06:05 PM
I really enjoy the classics at WDW, Pirates, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion etc....

What I would not miss if they took it away would be Snow White's Scary Adventure. I never liked it as a kids back in the 80's, I think it's time has passed.

What attraction (in any of the parks) would you not miss if they eliminated it?

C :minnie2:

bertasso59
08-13-2008, 06:34 PM
In MK I wouldnt mind if something more exciting replaced Tom Sawyer isalnd.This is often a long wait and long raft ride without much payoff.
In EPCOT I would love for Energy to go away(a homage to fossil fuels in this Green Era?)And Mission Space and Test Track are weak replacements for Horizons and World of Motion.
In Hollywood Studios Im hoping they get rid of Drew Carrey's(even though Im a huge fan of his)Sounds Dangerous.

MickeyMousse
08-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Take away......:teleport:

MK-Stitch
Epcot-Universe of Energy
MGM-Sounds Dangerous
AK- can't come up with anything here!

Nut4DW
08-13-2008, 06:44 PM
EPCOT - Honey I Shrunk the Audience :ack: - what a waste of time

MK - Stitch's Great Escape :sick: - that smell is awful

HS - Gotta agree with the Drew Carey Sounds Dangerous - :bored:

AK - Tricera Top Spin - never done it, don't want to :D

Those are my picks.....

brianlw71
08-13-2008, 06:48 PM
stitch:down:

JPL
08-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Ok here goes

MK: Stitch without a doubt
Studios: Sounds Dangerous
Epcot: HISTA
AK: Nothing

Minniefan68
08-13-2008, 07:16 PM
MK -Stitch - yuck! My 6yr old hated it.

DS- Sounds Dangerous - sounds annoying

EP- Journey into Imagination with Figment -Boring.

AK - Haven't experienced enough yet to say

C :minnie2:

DumboMom
08-13-2008, 08:10 PM
The Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. I often forget it is even there. :mickey:

BrowncatP
08-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Am I one of the few who like Sounds Dangerous?? I always go to it.
MK-Stitch
D-MGM(oops) Star Tours-boring
EPCOT-The movie in France is too long, but is is time for a new 3-D movie. Honey has played long enough
AK-TriceraTop Spin. How many times can Disney repackage Dumbo.

disneylovinmom
08-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Here's another vote for Stitch and Sounds Dangerous. Also, I don't care for It's tough to be a bug. I just don't like bugs of any kind in general.

tinklover
08-13-2008, 08:41 PM
I would def have to agree with it's tough to be a bug. I have a tender spot on my lumber region of my spine and after the " sting" i had tingly toes the rest of my trip i am not a happy camper and will not be doing that attraction again it is as good as gone aready for me.

Kairi_7378
08-13-2008, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't miss Stitch or Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

Toad
08-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't miss any of the following:

MAGIC KINGDOM

The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Stitch's Great Escape

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (or whatever its name is)

EPCOT

Journey Into Imagination with Figment

Mission: Space

Test Track

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!

Ellen's Energy Adventure

The Seas with Nemo

Gran Tour Fiesta

O Canada!

Innoventions

Judi Dench's patronizing narration for Spaceship Earth

Bruce Broughton's Spaceship Earth muzak

The computer screen ending of Spaceship Earth that is emblematic of how mediated our experience of the world has become

DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

The Sorcerer's Hat (a.k.a. Terrible aesthetic crime and Disney's obvious attempt to sabotage The Great Movie Ride)

Sounds Dangerous (a.k.a. I can't believe this is still open)

Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage

Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

Journey Into Narnia

The Magic of Disney Animation (a caricature of its former self)

Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show

ANIMAL KINGDOM

Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama

By the way, these aren't necessarily attractions I think are bad. These are just the ones I don't feel emotionally attached to.

IloveDisney71
08-13-2008, 09:46 PM
DHS - Sounds Dangerous!!!

Mickey91
08-13-2008, 09:48 PM
MAGIC KINGDOM

Stitch's Great Escape
Monsters Laugh Floor
Pooh's Thoughtful Spot

EPCOT

Mission Space
Test Track
Nemo Ride
New Spaceship Earth

DHS

Lights, Motor Cars, Action
TOT
Sounds Dangerous

Animal Kingdom

Dinoland
Everist
Nemo Show
Basically the entire park

Mousemates
08-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Mk - The Magic Carpets of Alladin (Its simply dumbo without the whimsical charm)

Epcot - Ellen

AK - Prime Evil Whirl (mispelled on purpose, my neck hates the jarring stops when reversing the spin).

DS - Sounds Dangerous (thou it is a nice cool dark place which is highly conducive to micro-naps).

AmandaChan
08-13-2008, 09:58 PM
I would not miss the Snow White ride either. I would say I wouldn't miss the Narnia exhibit for the first movie but they're already gotten rid of that.

Mission: Space -- yeah it's freaking amazing but my body can NOT handle that ride (at least how it was before they apparently 'changed' it).

iheartmickey
08-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Tomorrowland Speedway!!!

Something about the sound of the cars and the smell :sick: ... and that area already seems so stinkin' HOT! Besides how do cars fit into "Tomorrowland"? Not like they're flying cars! LOL!

laward32
08-13-2008, 10:04 PM
I would not miss Winnie the Pooh, Stitch, and Sounds Dangerous. They just don't give me my Disney fix. I love Pooh, but the ride is not a must do for me.:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
08-13-2008, 10:17 PM
MK
Stitch
Swiss Family Robinson
Flying Carpets

Epcot
Journey into Imagination with Figment
Innoventions
HISTA

DHS
Sounds Dangerous
Lights, Motors, Action (ok only once)
Backlot Tour (lost a lot when residential street was removed)
Journey Into Narnia

AK
Kali River Rapids (way, way too wet)
Triceratop Spin

FTDW Poly 08
08-13-2008, 11:52 PM
The only ride that our whole family (children=8 and 6) really, really disliked was Stitch. For the lack of a better word, it was just "dumb."

Side note: It's Tough to Be a Bug might be my third favorite Disney attraction (after Soarin' and Toy Story Mania).

rhonda16
08-14-2008, 08:36 AM
[QUOTE=BrowncatP;1714685]Am I one of the few who like Sounds Dangerous?? I always go to it.

Add me to the few who like Sounds Dangerous. :thumbsup:
Add also my sister Jaime and her daughter Meghan and my friend Sandy who goes with us to Disney.

We just went from a "few" to a "bunch"

Rhonda

AlliMo
08-14-2008, 11:11 AM
off the top of my head...sounds dangerous

but when I got to thinking...
WDW needs to cut about 1/2 the gift shops and about 1/2 the meet and greets...
Everywhere I turn, it's one or the other!

MickeysEars
08-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Wow, it seems no one loves the Ellen ride as much as I do. I like it, it is entertaining and relaxing and a chace to beat the heat. My children love the Dinos

Imagineer1981
08-14-2008, 01:02 PM
In MK I wouldnt mind if something more exciting replaced Tom Sawyer isalnd.This is often a long wait and long raft ride without much payoff.
In EPCOT I would love for Energy to go away(a homage to fossil fuels in this Green Era?)And Mission Space and Test Track are weak replacements for Horizons and World of Motion.
In Hollywood Studios Im hoping they get rid of Drew Carrey's(even though Im a huge fan of his)Sounds Dangerous.

Tom Sawyer is great if you have kids and Test Track and Mission Space are much better than World of Motion, Horizons I agree with.

They can get rid of Sounds Dangerous, Backlot Tour, I still like Universe of Energy, just needs a new spin. Also get rid of SOARIN :)

bruin1344
08-14-2008, 01:14 PM
MK - Winnie the Pooh ride and Stitch
Epcot - Universe of Energy
DHS - Drew Carey
AK - The whole Dinosaur carnival

Disney Doll
08-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Tomorrow Land Speedway- those cars are loud and smelly. I hate the grey haze in the air from all the exhaust.

Tinksalot
08-14-2008, 01:31 PM
STITCH!:ack:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-14-2008, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't miss Lights, Motor, Action

Minnie Imagineer
08-14-2008, 05:49 PM
MK- swiss family tree house, HOP, tom sawyer island, PhilharMagic (terrifyed of 3d!!)

Epcot- Honey I shrank... (again with the 3d), maelstrom, ellen's

DHS- muppet vision (do we really need 3d in every park?!) , sounds dangerous

AK- its tough to be a bug (enough already!)

AmandaChan
08-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Wow, it seems no one loves the Ellen ride as much as I do. I like it, it is entertaining and relaxing and a chace to beat the heat. My children love the Dinos

The husband and I always make sure we go into this attraction at least once. I think it's pretty amazing. A little long, but amazing to look at and what not.

AmandaChan
08-14-2008, 06:08 PM
DHS- muppet vision (do we really need 3d in every park?!) , sounds dangerous

We might not need a 3D film in every park but SPARE THIS ONE!!! I love the muppets SO much.

:beaker::kermit::animal::gonzo::fozzie:

AllDisney
08-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Kali River Rapids. First time I rode this got SOAKING wet. I was so wet that my sneakers were wet the next morning when I went to put them on:mad:

Next time I rode it I wore a poncho. My feet only got a little wet this time. The rest of me was nice and dry, however, both times down the rapids I was unable to see a darn thing. I wear glasses and there was so much water being thrown in my face that I missed the stuff there was to see. My husband said I didn't miss much. We've never been on it again.

We don't ride the Primeval Twirl either. We get thrown about on this one and my back is not up to the jolts.

joonyer
08-15-2008, 02:32 PM
MK: Tomorrowland Speedway. (a lame ride that isn't as good as go-karts at local amusement parks)
Pooh's Thoughtful Spot (What a waste of prime FantasyLand real estate, and pretty weakly done, at that.)

Epcot: Ellen's Energy Adventure. (Much too long, but its a good place to nap)
Body Wars: (outdated simulator technology, and it's already closed, and I don't miss it)

Animal Kingdom: Triceratops spin and the cheesy-tacky games at the Dino-Rama. (But Primeval Whirl is Great1)

Hollywood Studios: Star Tours (same out-dated simulator technology as Body Wars, but the rest of the ride, queue, pre-show, etc. is good)
Sounds Dangerous.

arsenal3
08-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Stich is by far my least favorite. As for the rest I kinda like all of them..

tmrworld
08-16-2008, 12:38 AM
MK - Stitch must GO. also the misplaces carnival ride in the middle of adventureland. :confused:(Magic Carpets)

EP - Goodbye Ellen UOE:thedolls:

MGM - Backlot Tour the 1/2 of it that is left at least. Drew is gone for now hope that lasts too.:number1:

AK - All of Dinoland.

minnesotafreeze
08-16-2008, 01:12 AM
MK - Peter Pan Ride
AK - The Dinoland Carnival Area
HS - Sounds Dangerous
Epcot - Test Track and Mission Space:pluto:

angua85
08-16-2008, 08:15 AM
MK- another vote for the Tomorrowland Speedway. Even as a child, it never looked fun.

EPCOT- I *looove* Ellen's Energy Adventure. But what to get rid of hmm - Innoventions. The problem with trying to show "cutting edge" technology- is that its a moving target.

DHS- The whole park? I go, but its a half -day token visit. Even the TOT is sort of *shrug* not so much for me.

AK - I have not visited in a while. When I was last there, Expedition Everest didnt exist. And probably a lot of other things. So my memories of this park are vague- lots of greenery, walking, hot (and I love hot, but this was too much). So, going to leave this one alone until after my visit which is IN TWO WEEKS! *dance!!!

LauraleeH
08-16-2008, 01:45 PM
I haven't been on Stitch because the lines are too long and I've never heard anything good about it. I wouldn't miss it, though. Same with Buzz Lightyear.

I also wouldn't miss The Jungle Cruise at all.

AdventurerKim
08-16-2008, 08:57 PM
I would not miss The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh since I'm a Mr. Toad devotee and Sounds Dangerous (I miss Monster Sound Show which was infinitely better even though I do like Drew Carey).

ParkMan
08-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Let's see...

MK:
Tomorrowland Speedway
Ariel's Grotto (OK, not a ride, but it seems like a waste of Space)
Winnie the Pooh

Epcot:
nothing really. I'm not a big fan of the Imagination Pavilion, but if I heard it was gone I'd be bummed out.

DHS:
Sound's Dangerous
That Narnia thing
The rest of the backlot tour (it always makes me sad when I ride it now. It used to be so much better)
The Playhouse theater
Little Mermaid

AK:
Those carnival games by Primeval Whirl

motherof4
08-16-2008, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't miss any of the following:

MAGIC KINGDOM

The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Stitch's Great Escape

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (or whatever its name is)

EPCOT

Journey Into Imagination with Figment

Mission: Space

Test Track

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!

Ellen's Energy Adventure

The Seas with Nemo

Gran Tour Fiesta

O Canada!

Innoventions

Judi Dench's patronizing narration for Spaceship Earth

The computer screen ending of Spaceship Earth that is emblematic of how mediated our experience of the world has become

DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

The Sorcerer's Hat (a.k.a. Terrible aesthetic crime and Disney's obvious attempt to sabotage The Great Movie Ride)

Sounds Dangerous (a.k.a. I can't believe this is still open)

Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage

Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

Journey Into Narnia

The Magic of Disney Animation (a caricature of its former self)

Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show

ANIMAL KINGDOM

Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama

By the way, these aren't necessarily attractions I think are bad. These are just the ones I don't feel emotionally attached to.

I was just wondering what did you actually like

WDWCrazyKaren
08-18-2008, 03:17 PM
I find it amazing how many people don't like some of the rides I like, and how many don't pick the same ones I pick to toss out! Doesn't everyone think exactly the same way I do? ;)

My picks (which I'm sure are the RIGHT ones) are:

MK
Stitch
Astro Orbitor
Tom Sawyer Island

Epcot
Ellen (could be updated-I like the restful, cool, slow moving ride on a hot day-and 15 years ago it WAS relevent)

DHS
High School Musical stage shows. Enough already.
And for those of you who said "Sounds Dangerous"? Where would we all nap? :secret:

AK
Just keep Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. Move the animals to the vastness that is Epcot and take the whole rest of the park away. (Don't hurt me!)

Karen

homeschool mom
08-19-2008, 09:54 AM
I can speak for my whole family when I saw we would definitely not miss Haunted Mansion in MK. We tried it several years ago and didn't like it, but we decided to try it again on our last trip and see if we liked it any better. Nope. Wouldn't miss it if it were gone.

We didn't like ITTBAB at AK either. I hate bugs of any kind, but I tried it and couldn't get out soon enough. None of the rest of my crew enjoyed it enough to go back either.

25 days to go! :number1:

Tinkerbella16
08-19-2008, 03:11 PM
I would not miss Mission Space one bit :ack:
nor would I miss Universe of Energy. :down:

maxrebo77
08-19-2008, 03:26 PM
MK- Stitch. I'm a Stitch fan and they made him scary ......and boring.
EPCOT- Figment. Proving change is not change for the better. they destroyed the Imagination ride and no amount of fixing will make it better. Figment should not have to deal with this. One of my fav characters.
MGM-Sounds Dangerous. big old yawn. I can't remember the old show name(Monster Sound?)
but it was great. And those sound booths you could go in after, cool.
Hearing the Mouse in 27 days:mickey:

Adambomb85
08-19-2008, 03:41 PM
This was a bit hard:

MK - Stich for sure, Snow White's Scary ride...still scares me to this day.

Epcot - I will just say I LOVE Ellen's Universe of Energy!

MGM - Sounds Dangerous
***Muppets 3D and Star Tours are in need of some serious updates...Muppets is one of my all time favorites, but I think it could use some freshening up!

jszczur5
08-19-2008, 05:54 PM
My list:
MK - Stitch and Teacups :sick:
Epcot - Journey into Your Imagination (or whatever it is currently called)
DHS - Sounds Dangerous (although I don't really hate this - nice cool place to sit and relax for 20 minutes)
AK - Not a fan of this park except for EE, Dinosaur and KS, so take your pick.

thumperbug
08-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Stitch has to go.

Snow white either needs to be made unscarey for kids or axe it.

Everything else at MK (including COP) are near and dear to my son who thoroughly enjoys each and every ride and attraction he goes on.

At Epcot....he loves universe of energy....to see the Dinosaurs. Hes hoping on out next trip he is tall enough for Mission Space.

I did Honey I shrunk the audience once and never again...I have rodent issues and the feel of their tails on my legs sends me to insanity.

jeddalynn
08-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Stitch - I'm just not a fan of being strapped down and burped on. :sick:

Rekenna
08-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Without a doubt-STITCH!

TheMartellFamily
08-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Pooh and Splash Mtn in the MK and in EPCOT it would be Test Track

AllDisney
08-23-2008, 05:22 PM
We wouldn't miss Stitch & Swiss Family Robinson Tree House if Disney decided to replace these attractions.

BWayGrl
08-25-2008, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=Toad;1714709] Judi Dench's patronizing narration for Spaceship Earth
[/LIST]

I completely agree. I just saw the revamped SE for the first time and it actually made me angry. I thought there was absolutely no passion and no emotion to it, especially when the car turns and you see earth. Judy Dench made me feel like an idiot. (Sorry to rant, but I was really disappointed---they should change it back :) )

Minniefan68
08-25-2008, 04:33 PM
So it looks like the consensus is to ditch Stitch!!

Think the folks at Disney can figure it out?

Daisy'sMom
08-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Stitch - MK
Mission Space - Epcot
Extreme Stunts - Studios
Kali River Rapids - AK

Minniefan68
08-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Stitch - I'm just not a fan of being strapped down and burped on. :sick:

:funny::funny:

BMan62
08-27-2008, 09:51 AM
MK - Stitch's Great Escape -- just not as fun/interesting as Alien Encounter was.
Enchanted Tiki Lounge (Under New Management) -- Grating voices, disjointed storyline.
Frontierland® Shootin' Arcade -- Wii/XBox/DS have made this obsolete. Plus, you have to pay for play?

EPCOT - Honey, I Shrunk The Audience -- Ditch the pre-show and update/revamp the 3D show. It's just too dated.
Innoventions -- Just update this attraction. It is no longer the "Road To Tomorrow," but more the "Road To Last Decade." Yes, it would be time consuming and costly, but it has fallen behind the curve. The company I work for could revamp the "Home Of Tomorrow" using a modification of their Workplace Solutions program that monitors all aspects of a building - HVAC, Security (fire, theft, etc.,) Utilities (electric, water, sewer, etc.,) etc.

DHS - Lights, Motors, Action! -- Loud, something to see 1x only (if that)
Sounds Dangerous -- Sounds LAME!!
High School Musical Parade/Show -- Does nothing more than cause traffic jams in the main thoroughfare through the park

AK - Fossil Fun Games -- Carnival games should be left at the carnival. Plus, you have to pay for play?
Primeval Whirl -- Again with the carnival theme! They could really do more with the CarnEvil theming.
TriceraTop Spin -- Another misplaced carnival ride.
DINOSAUR -- Just too herky-jerky of a ride. I really like the concept, just feel like I need to see my chiropractor afterward!!

Sorry so long. Just had to put my $0.02 in!! :)

sophie peach
08-27-2008, 10:31 AM
MK - carousel of progress
epcot - o canada
AK - dinasaur
DHS - drew carey

sorry i cant spell but you have the jist of what im trying to say!!!

Jeff G
08-27-2008, 11:47 AM
MK - Indy Speedway (we go in September and the headliners have minimal waits but yet the Speedway has a 60 minute wait) & the Flying Carpets
EPCOT - HISTA
HS - Light, Motor Cars, Action
AK - Primeval Whirl & Triceratop Spin - Actually, the whole Chester & Hester area.

oliver&bianca
08-27-2008, 11:56 AM
I can't believe there are people out there who don't like Tom Sawyer's Island or Its Tough To Be a Bug. These are two of my families favorites! I know..... everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And here is mine....

I could live without:

MK
Stitch (Does anyone out there like this "ride"?)
Tomorrowland Speedway (waste of space)

EPCOT
Figment
Innoventions
Circle of Life

DHS
The middle section of the Backlot Studio Tour

AK
Carnival Games

indytraveler
08-27-2008, 02:24 PM
MK - Tom Sawyer's Island
Epcot - Energy
DHS - Drew Carey
AK - Tricera Top Spin

MrsAndre
08-27-2008, 02:49 PM
IMO only 2 things have gotta go -
Stitch at MK (but, please open a Lilo and Stitch attraction that's maybe a little entertaining!!!)
The Sorcerer's hat at MGM/DHS.

What would I "not miss" if it disappeared? I'd never notice if all the stores on Main St. went out of business...
I wouldn't miss Test Track, I never understood what all the fuss was about...
I wouldn't miss Mission Space...we've never been on it, I just don't want to find out about our undiagnosed pre-existing conditions while on vacation :D

dbud83
08-27-2008, 03:27 PM
I cant believe how many people wouldnt miss the best attractions in WDW. Haunted Mansion, Philarmagic, Test Track, TOT, Buzz? Really weird.

EmISeeKayEeWhy
08-28-2008, 08:51 AM
What can I say, I live in the past.. I wouldn't want any of the original rides gone. As is the historical rides are slowly fading away.

Rhetoric2000
08-28-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm flabbergasted it took until the 18th post for someone to say Tomorrowland Speedway!

I think it's the only attraction where a removal would not even need to be followed by a replacement for it to have improved the atmostphere.
As for a Full List:

MK:
- Speedway
- Stich
- Buzz Lightyear (showing its age already)

EPCOT:
- Nothing, TBH, though HISTA is getting on without being a treasure.

DHS
- Sounds Dangerous, to be replaced by a similar show to the far superior Monster Sound show that was initially there.

AK:
- Possibly tough to be a bug - I bet Disney imagineers could come up with a great Arthropod exhibit instead for this space.

Rhetoric2000
08-28-2008, 09:05 AM
The Sorcerer's hat at MGM/DHS.

Can't believe I forgot that.

I think we have a winner.

FenwayGirl
08-28-2008, 10:33 AM
My all time favorite Carousel of Progress!!

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-29-2008, 01:23 PM
MK: Stitch, Swiss Family and Indy Speedway

Epcot: The Seas with Nemo & Friends and HISTA

DHS: HISTK playset, Backlot Tour and Playhouse Disney

AK: Everything in Dinoland but Dinosaur

3Cabsfan
08-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Anything that has Stitch attached to it should be eliminated! I don't understand why the company pushes that annoying character.

badkitty
08-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Took me forever to figure out what HISTA was! LOL!! Yep, it has got to go. And I agree they ruined Figment.

I liked World of Motion. I can't figure out what Test Track is supposed to be. I can drive faster on the interstate. :secret:

My # 1 choice: Stitch. Of all the things that site has been and all the things that site could have been - what were they thinking?

tigger_ttfn
08-30-2008, 09:40 PM
My votes echo many others:

MK - Stitch :thedolls:
EPCOT - Definitely HISTA
HS - Sounds Dangerous
AK - TriceraTop Spin

rmsongs
10-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Flying Carpets, Tomorrowland Speedway, Sounds Dangerous. There are probably more, but those are the ones that just seem "unworthy" of Disney. Of course, if they replaced all the things that keep showing up on this post with really cool stuff, most of us wouldn't have time to see everything we wanted to see. ;)

handmaidenofprincesses
10-22-2008, 08:09 PM
My opinion:

Magic Kingdom:

Stitch's Great Escape (it's just pathetic)
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway(an insult to race fans everywhere;they should at least make it like the Cars one in Paris)
Astro Orbiter
Aladdin's Carpets
Put the Tiki Room back to the original (Iago is obnoxious)
Snow White (last time we went on it, we could see the mechanics on some of the dwarves)
Ariel's Grotto (stupid as it was, I miss Captain Nemo's sub)

Epcot:

1st and foremost, put Spaceship Earth back the way it was, especially Jeremy Iron's narration!
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Update Ellen (I still love the Dinos)
Update France movie
The clammobiles at the Seas

DHS:

Sounds Dangerous
Update Muppets 3D
Update Star Tours

Animal Kingdom:

It's Tough to Be a Bug

linedropper
10-22-2008, 11:39 PM
MK- Stitch for sure
Ep- Seas with nemo, Yawn
HS- drew carey
Ak- the carnival themed area!

Steve:mickey:

RAIDER
10-23-2008, 04:23 AM
Sounds Dangerous
Stich great escape
Tikki Room
Universe of Energy ( only cos of ellen cos i cant stand the sight of her )

JabberJaws
10-23-2008, 12:26 PM
I will break it down by park...

DAK - Pretty much anything in the Conservation Station could go bye bye except the sound room w/ the earphones!

DHS - Even though its not even open yet, just on principle I am going to say the new American Idol attraction! :down:

Epcot - To be honest, and I am probably in the minority here, but Innoventions could go away, or at least be downsized, and I wouldn't loose any sleep over it!

MK - This is a tough one, but I would say that the Alladin magic carpet flyers could go away. Really isn't two hub and spoke attractions in one park enough (dumbo and astro orbiters)?

MickeysEars
10-23-2008, 12:42 PM
The husband and I always make sure we go into this attraction at least once. I think it's pretty amazing. A little long, but amazing to look at and what not.

Good, I thought I was alone:thumbsup:

MickeysEars
10-23-2008, 12:45 PM
MK-Stitch-Alladin
E-SSE, because I will never ride it
Ak-Tri Spin
DHS-Sounds Dan

Zawadi
10-23-2008, 05:10 PM
MK

Definitely Stitch's Great Escape - bring back Alien Encounter!

Epcot

HISTA
Figment
The film after Maelstrom (Does anyone ever stay to watch this??)

HS

Lights Motors Action - seen it a few times but it has now lost its appeal

AK

Dinosaur

MickeysEars
10-23-2008, 09:40 PM
MK

Definitely Stitch's Great Escape - bring back Alien Encounter!

Epcot

HISTA
Figment
The film after Maelstrom (Does anyone ever stay to watch this??)

HS

Lights Motors Action - seen it a few times but it has now lost its appeal

AK

Dinosaur

I always stay to watch the movie at the end of Norway. Although, it needs a serious update

PlutoPlanet
10-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Downsize Stitch.

minniefan
10-30-2008, 01:25 PM
MK - Stitch definitely. Awful
AK - Tough to Be a Bug. Don't like getting poked in the back
Epcot - O'Canada - or at least put in seats
Studios - Journey Into Narnia - this attraction should be a behind the scenes - not just a movie promo. (Haunted Mansion was much better)

BeccaO
10-30-2008, 01:36 PM
The Aladdin ride in Adventureland, when they put that in I was so dissapointed. I think it ruins the entire feel of Adventureland and doesn't belong there at all!!!!! It reminds me of an amusement park like Hersheypark or something, and that is totally NOT Disney!!!

d_m_n_n
10-30-2008, 02:27 PM
MK - I have to agree with Stitch. I don't remember Alien, but I can't believe they would replace anything with this jumble of an attraction. :thedolls: Sadly, do you think WDW would even consider replacing it so soon? I think we're stuck with it a few more years.

EPCOT - HISTA, just because I don't like the snake and mice.

DHS - We've never tried Sounds Dangerous because of the negative reviews I've seen. I'll give it a try on our next trip and make an informed decision! :)

AK - Dino-land. If I wanted a carnival, I'd save a couple thousand $$$'s and go to my local county fair :ack:

DawsonAR
10-30-2008, 02:59 PM
MK
Stitch

Epcot
Universe of Energy

HS
Sounds Dangerous

AK
Kali River Rapids

LandFan
10-30-2008, 03:12 PM
MK: Country Bears (a classic I know, but fix it up or put it out of its misery), Snow White

EPCOT: HISTA

DHS: LMA (once is enough), the tram tour (again - fix it up or get rid of it!), Sounds Dangerous

AK: I like AK, I can't think of anything!

KylesMom
10-30-2008, 03:25 PM
MK:
Country Bears Jamboree
Pooh's Thoughtful Spot

DHS:
American Idol (yeah, I know it hasn't opened yet!)
Sounds Dangerous

Epcot:
HISTA

AK:
Triceratop Spin

dmosher
10-30-2008, 03:26 PM
I say just delete Dinoland USA all-together!
Not at all what Walt envisioned, in fact it is the exact opposite of what he wanted!
:pipes:
D

Tez
10-30-2008, 03:59 PM
MK:Stitch, COP
(sorry, I am going to get hit on this, I am sure!)

Hollywood Studios:Sounds Dangerous
AK: The whole cheesey carnival area
EPCOT: Cranium Command

Monorail_Red
11-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Magic Kingdom:
-Stitch
-Flying Carpets

Epcot:
-HISTA
-Restore Jeremy Iron's narration at SSE
-Update Universe of Energy

Studios:
-Get rid of the :smickey: hat right in front of the Great Movie Ride

Animal Kingdom:
-Dinorama & surrounding areas (reminds me of a carnival) :ack:

Jim&AngieMarriner
11-05-2008, 04:17 AM
Snow white and Pooh both need to go. Im also of the opinion that the Swiss family Robinson Tree needs to be replaced with something.

DisneyPrincess21
11-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Hs- *Sounds Dangerous*, Hands down the biggest waste of my time ever!
Mk- *It's a small world*, Yeah it's a small world and it's a small boat with no leg room for anyone over 5'0 :funny: . *The hall of presidents*, is always a good one to make me start to fall asleep :sleepin:

Disneyfan1971
11-07-2008, 03:11 AM
Not sure which ride(s) I'd like to see go--maybe serious updates on Oh Canada!...it's been the same (If I recall correctly) since it opened in 1982. Or the Grand Prix Raceway (or whatever it's called)

DigitalDaredevil
11-07-2008, 04:31 AM
Easily I can do without Stitch. I rarely go to ToonTown but if i were younger or were taking young kids I am sure that my opinions would change.
Sounds Dangerous. Now I appreciate what they were trying to do there, but it is missing a lot.
I wouldn't be sad if Space was gone to, but only if they replaced it with an exact working replica of Horizons.

DigitalDaredevil
11-07-2008, 04:33 AM
As I further read the thread I could also do without the somewhat forced watching of the Norway movie. I do enjoy it, but I do not want to see it every time I ride the Maelstrom. And the wait on the docks for the red doors to open for you to sneak by the theater can sometimes be a little silly.

MinnieMommie
11-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Sounds Dangerous

Granny Jill A
11-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Tomorrowland Speedway!!!

Something about the sound of the cars and the smell :sick: ... and that area already seems so stinkin' HOT! Besides how do cars fit into "Tomorrowland"? Not like they're flying cars! LOL!

Totally agree with you.

My other pick is Lights, Motors, Action in the Studios for roughly the same reason. What a waste of space :shake:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I agree...get rid of the Speedway. There isn't anything Disney about it!

Brer Rabbitt
11-07-2008, 05:15 PM
In MK, definitely Stitch. I've also never had a desire to do the speedway.. probably because of the smell and the long lines LOL! :sick:

Epcot, Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I rode it once way back, and I honestly was scarred for life. :blush: Luckily, when I was younger, I had a cousin who worked in the Kodak building attached so when my family went on it, I was spared from my 3D fate with coloring Winnie the Pooh pictures.

AK- It's Tough to be a Bug. I don't know what it is with my track record with 3D attractions, but this one spooked me as well! Since then, I haven't really had the desire to go on it. I must say the animatronic Hopper in this ride is great, and I love the queue! Possibly the cause of my arachnophobia..? ;)

DHS- Sounds Dangerous. I just think it's past its time!

Lakin
01-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Anything that has Stitch attached to it should be eliminated! I don't understand why the company pushes that annoying character.

Actually, Stitch is a great character. But the attractions they are trying to base off of him really stink. -_-

TiggerCat
01-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Stitch, handsdown.

TC.

Rekenna
01-17-2010, 07:52 PM
MK-Stitch-the only ride I do not like.

DHS-I wouldn't want them to take away Star Tours, but it could use an upgrade.

EP-Honey I Shrunk the Audience

:mickey:

disneydeb
01-17-2010, 09:44 PM
:mad:Tomorrowland Speedway:mad: (environmentally UNfriendly)

I love Ellen and the Dinosaurs!

I love everything at AK!

I have not been to Sounds Dangerous, because the reviews have always been bad.

ChipNDale79
01-18-2010, 08:28 AM
MK-Stitch-the only ride I do not like.

DHS-I wouldn't want them to take away Star Tours, but it could use an upgrade.

EP-Honey I Shrunk the Audience

:mickey:

Luckily we are getting the upgrade for Star Tours :)

ANG
01-18-2010, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't miss The Tower of Terror. I know alot of people like it but I ALWAYS get sick :ack:

DisneyBunch
01-18-2010, 09:29 PM
MK - Stich
EP - Body Wars
DS - Shrunk the Kids Movieset
AK - Triceratops Spin

:mickey::mickey::mickey:

brownie
01-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Dumbo.

DigitalDaredevil
01-20-2010, 12:37 AM
I think I already replied to this message earlier, but Stitch is so bad it deserves it again.

Disney4us2
01-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Stitch.... We skipped that one on purpose last time.

spoiled
01-21-2010, 07:44 AM
i would totally not miss the mad tea cups oh i get so sick on those

QTPie68
01-21-2010, 11:35 PM

My DH LOVES the Energy ride....I really do not like it, but have to indulge him, so you are not the only one!

In my dreams
01-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Have they closed Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous yet?

Minnie97
01-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Mk: HM,Stitch:sick:
Epcot:??
HS:Tower of terror
AK: Dinosaurs

Pete Olsen
01-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Stitch & Sounds Dangerous - time for something new for these attractions.

LudwigVonDrake
01-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Stitch's Great Escape or Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. Haven't done either one in a long time.

WVParkfan
01-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Jungle Cruise. Ugh. What a waste of space, especially when you've got the real thing a few miles away at the Animal Kingdom.

lettripp
02-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Stitch needs to go.