PDA

View Full Version : Should WDW have Disney Sea?

Imagineer1981
08-13-2008, 02:58 PM
With the talk of InBev selling Sea World and Busch Gardens, I started thinking that why wouldn't Disney try to have its own version of Sea World, and I realized, they have Tokyo Disney Sea. Now I know its not a Sea World with the animals and such but why not take a combination of what Disney Sea is and Sea World and make a new park or make it a land at AK? Just an idea. I know I will never get to Tokyo and would love to experience Disney Sea, could be an idea?

dteed
08-13-2008, 03:10 PM
IMO WDW should have everything the other parks have and more.

Lizzie
08-13-2008, 03:42 PM
I wish they would. I don't know if I am ever going to get a chance to visit the parks in other countries.

caryrae
08-13-2008, 03:49 PM
I remember reading that Disney was thinking of buying Sea World too. I will see if I can find the story. This story is from the UK.

Merlin fights Disney for SeaWorld
Helia Ebrahimi, Mail on Sunday
10 August 2008, 2:41pm

Merlin Entertainments, which owns Madame Tussauds, Alton Towers, and the London Eye, will have to compete with the biggest theme park business in the world - Disney - in the race to take over the £1.5bn SeaWorld business in Florida.

SeaWorld and dozens of sister theme parks across America are being put up for sale by brewing giant InBev as part of its takeover of the US brewing group Anheuser-Busch.
As well as Disney, UK-based Merlin, which is owned by private equity group Blackstone, will face rival bids from Spain's Parques Reunidos, owned by private equity firm Candover, and Gulf state conglomerate Dubai World.

Earlier this year, InBev agreed a £26bn bid for Anheuser-Busch, the world's biggest beer producer and maker of Budweiser.

That deal will not be finalised until November at the earliest, but InBev's bankers - JPMorgan and Lazards - are keen to see arranged disposals to help recoup some of the massive loans required for the takeover.

'We've been approached by several companies,' said one leading banker, 'but this deal will be based on who can bring the money to the table to fund the debt needed.'

Mousemates
08-13-2008, 03:58 PM
I would like to think that there might be some "oceanic themed" park at some point in the future...but I doubt it will be anytime soon (that is unless WDW does buy the seaworld franchise, which I also kind of doubt).

Number one because you already have a "sea area" (with a pretty large capital investment) in Epcot.

Number two, because you could also add an "ocean area" to the Animal Kingdom which still needs a little more "attraction-wise" to become a true destination park (to a lot of people its a half day park). So if the often rumored "beastly/night kingdom" thing never happens, an Atlantis/Oceania area might take its place.

KAT1811
08-13-2008, 04:12 PM
I would love to see a sea themed park at WDW. We visited Sea World once and will never go back. I think WDW could do it much better. There is so much they could tie into their movies with rides and shows.

r4kids
08-13-2008, 04:51 PM
I prefer for Disney to add on to AK with an undersea themed area. Sea World is ok. The name WDW says it all. The other areas are all lands. The world should have all and then some. Of course this just increases crowds....... :confused:

Stich8818
08-13-2008, 06:46 PM
My opinion, I dont want Disney to buy the Sea World parks. For me it's the fact they have all this stuff already that they need to keep up on as it is. They have the 4 parks that need the attention more then buying into SW, I would like to see the money they would spend on the purchase of SW to invest into what they already have and like other posters have said expand AK or other projects...new rides for the other parks and so on.