PDA

View Full Version : Luggage Question

PrincessTracie
08-13-2008, 02:52 PM
We are going to be arriving at MCO at 10:00 at night on the 27th. My question is how long do you think we will actually get to our room at POR using DME? Also, should we pack a carryon bag for our clothes and stuff the next day or will our luggage get to our room in time?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-13-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm going to make a couple educated guesses as I've never flown in that late.

If you are touching down at 10:00pm I would work under the assumption that it will be around 11:30 by the time DME gets you to POR. That's allowing for a half or or so to debark and make your way to the proper building and to the DME desks, where you have to check in. At that late of time I would speculate that they might hold buses a little longer (assuming they run more frequently during the day as more flights come in). So you might be waiting a bit longer in the airport. Then a 30 minute or so bus ride to POR (could depend on whether they have to drop off at POFQ as well).

I can't imagine they would deliver your bags to the room in the middle of the night (as they deliver into the room). So my speculation is that your bags would be held by bell services until morning when they can be delivered. My guess is that you could contact bell services in the morning and have them delivered, but if it were me I would be packing next day clothes.

Again, guess work on my part. Hopefully someone else will have done this themselves and will know specifics.

ali'sdad2003
08-13-2008, 03:58 PM
I will be arriving at a similar time for my trip and the CM I spoke with said that they will deliver to your room at any time. Also, they said with less people traveling at night the process goes pretty quickly. This is what I have been told. I will know for sure in 38 days.:mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-13-2008, 04:06 PM
I think the key phrase in your response is "they will deliver anytime"

When you arrive on an afternoon flight you can pretty much guarantee that when you get back to your room in the evening that your bags will be there.

But if you arrive at the resort at 11:00pm I doubt that they will deliver the bags during the night unless you call and request it. Only way I can see this not happening is if somehow the bags from the airport are transported on your actual bus. I can't imagine CM's knocking on your door at 1:00am with a luggage delivery. But if you call at 1:00am and ask if your bags are in, then it sounds like they would deliver them.

PrincessTracie
08-13-2008, 04:07 PM
How long does it take for them to transport your luggage from the airport?? If I arrive at the resort by 11:30pm, then when would be a good time to call and ask if my luggage has arrived? I have never done the DME thing before, so I am leary about losing my luggage and not having any clothes!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-13-2008, 04:33 PM
I believe that you can pick your luggage up at MCO and take it with you on the bus (don't put the ME tags on your bags).

That way, you know that your bags are with you, and you don't have to worry about a crazy delivery time.

danicafan
08-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Last December we decided since we were arriving at about 10:00 pm we would get our own luggage and take it on DME with us. This way we had our luggage already and didn't have to worry about any issues getting our luggage in the middle of the night or trying to get it hte next morning. It worked out great, we had our luggage and because most people use the luggage service we didn't have any problems getting a cart to take to our room for the luggage!

CleveRocks
08-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Once the first guest boards a DME bus, it must leave the airport within a certain amount of time, per Disney policy. They don't wait 'til the bus fills up.

The last time I stayed at WDW, we landed at 10:00 p.m. and took DME to POFQ. I timed it ... from walking off the airplane to being dropped-off at POFQ it was 56 minutes. POR was our bus' next stop, so had I been staying at POR that night it would have been more like 61 minutes.

Our bus, by the way, had only 12 people on it.

I forgot to ask to have my luggage held 'til morning. I woke up to the phone ringing at 1:16 a.m. ... a Bell Services CM called to ask if we wanted our luggage now or in the morning. "Uh, in the morning, please." We has everything we needed for the night and early morning in our carry-ons.

They say to expect your DME-delivered bags about 3 hours after you arrive at your resort. I arrived at my resort a few minutes before 11:00 p.m., and we got called about it at 1:16 a.m., well within that 3 hour window.

If you choose to leave the DME luggage tags off your bags so that you can claim your own luggage, keep in mind that you will likely delay your own arrival at your resort. It's likely that the next bus heading to your resort may have left in between the time you would have gotten to the DME area (had you skipped baggage claim) and the time you actually arrived at the DME area after waiting at baggage claim. You'd have to wait for the next bus heading to your resort.