PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Presidents Closed Dec. 1-31st

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-13-2008, 02:36 PM
I just saw that Hall of Presidents was going to be closed during our visit in December. I'm a little disappointed but at least its not HM or POTC. I guess it will be to add whoever our new president is going to be....:unsure:

Imagineer1981
08-13-2008, 03:08 PM
They usually do not add new presidents for at least a year into their presidency. Its probably just routine refurb

Nut4DW
08-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Bummer...I love the Hall of Presidents - and my husband will miss one of his favorite nap spots :D

Mousemates
08-13-2008, 04:02 PM
:ditto: I'm not quite sure where I'll get my afternoon nap this New Year's eve...guess I'll have to move it to the Carousel of Progress :mickey:

AllDisney
08-13-2008, 04:37 PM
On our last visit the Hall of Presidents was having "technical difficulties" and we weren't able to see it. It's one of our favorite things to do at WDW.

Luckily, WDW has lots to offer.

Carol
08-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Hall of Presidents Closed Dec. 1-31st

The Hall of Presidents will be closed much longer than that. It's down from November 1, 2008 through July 1, 2009.

Complete list here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp).

AmandaChan
08-13-2008, 04:59 PM
We actually asked one of the CM when they add the new presidents and it's not for a while. Imagineer81 had it right.

FTDW Poly 08
08-13-2008, 10:58 PM
:ditto: I'm not quite sure where I'll get my afternoon nap this New Year's eve...guess I'll have to move it to the Carousel of Progress :mickey:

I have strange kids: my 8-year-old LOVED the presidents and my 6 year old dragged us on Carousel of Progress three times!

Main Street Jim
08-13-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm not quite sure where I'll get my afternoon nap this New Year's eve.This is just a sad, sad comment...I hate that people use attractions as an excuse to "take a nap"...:confused:

I have strange kids: my 8-year-old LOVED the presidents and my 6 year old dragged us on Carousel of Progress three times!You don't have "strange kids"; my kids love both attractions as well. CoP is one of all three of my kids' favorites, and they also understand that WITHOUT CoP, there'd be no Walt Disney World ;)

EditReject
08-13-2008, 11:04 PM
We actually asked one of the CM when they add the new presidents and it's not for a while. Imagineer81 had it right.

I was just on the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the guide said that during it's upcoming closure they will be adding the new president to the attraction.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-14-2008, 12:20 AM
It is to add the new president.

It takes roughly 8 months to create the skin and program the movements. The 'skeleton' is already made for the most part.

ParkMan
08-14-2008, 01:19 AM
6-7 months seems like a long time to be closed. I'm guessing this isn't just to add the new president.

Anyone know if there are more substantial changes being made?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-14-2008, 01:47 AM
A lot of it will be structural work as well.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the info...we find it to be a nice break from the hustle and bustle and the detail is incredible, but no we do not nap there....

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-15-2008, 12:40 AM
It's okay if you do.

Everyone in Ad/Lib like to comment on how boring it is. It's a favorite target of the Jungle Cruise skippers.

"If you think this was boring, visit Hall of Presidents and then come back and we'll talk!"

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-15-2008, 07:38 PM
It's okay if you do.

Everyone in Ad/Lib like to comment on how boring it is. It's a favorite target of the Jungle Cruise skippers.

"If you think this was boring, visit Hall of Presidents and then come back and we'll talk!"

I've never ridden the Jungle Cruise so I shall see how it is in December....:mickey:

Kairi_7378
08-15-2008, 11:25 PM
The Tiki Room also snarks on the Hall of Presidents. If you wait until the end of the last song Iago says that he's beat and is going to fly over to the Hall of Presidents to take a nap!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-17-2008, 02:54 AM
All the Ad/Lib attractions beat on each other....well, mostly Jungle picking on the other, "new kids." But it's all pretty fair.