PDA

View Full Version : Camp store?

jaclynrbrown
08-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Is there a camp store? I plan to camp but I might take a train there from MD. Hauling a cooler, tent, stove, etc. is there a store near by to buy groceries? Should I drive to make things easier on myself? Has anyone done the camping vac by flying or train?:confused:

faline
08-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

Personally, I'd probably drive and bring my equipment with me. Unless you're renting a camper, it will be difficult to amass all the things you need after your arrival.

ibrowse17
08-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Agreed. There are two Trading Posts at FW that offer a limited supply of grocery items. You would have to go off property to find a full service grocery/camp supply store. You can find both along highway 192, but would have to drive to each. We have always driven to Disney, and as such I have no info as to flying or train travel with camping supplies. Hope you figure it out, and have a great trip.:thumbsup:

Welcome to Intercot!!!

SFTrny
08-13-2008, 09:21 PM
I have to agree. If you need drinks, some frozen dinners, or other pacakged food...then the trading posts are very convenient and very expensive. You are better off stopping by some of the local grocery stores enroute.

jaclynrbrown
08-14-2008, 01:50 PM
I think we may drive and stop by a grocery store that way we find everything we need.