PDA

View Full Version : I'm crushed.....

wdwgrl377
08-13-2008, 10:12 AM
I got a call this morning from my dad that my grandma is now in the hospital and having kidney problems. Meanwhile, my grandpa is in another hospital today having the remaining part of that tumor removed (they've got to remove some of the bone).

My grandma has been suffereing with dementia for quite some time now and has lost a lot of weight. my dad told me this morning she is down to about 75pounds. Last I saw her was in March, before I moved up here to NC, and she was heavier than that. She still knows who everyone is still - and I'm thankful for that.

Anyhow, my dad took her to the ER last night b/c she wasn't feeling well and her blood is very thin at the moment.

I'm just so crushed at all this. I wish I could be there, but part of me is glad b/c I'd be more sad and depressed seeing her in this condition. And seeing my Grandpa upset and worried b/c he's not there for my Grandma and he's facing surgery today....ugh....... :(

I feel as if someone has taken a knife and put it through my heart. It just saddens me for the both of them. I cried all the way to work this morning. I don't even have the money to fly home to see them and to help out - I'm having job issues myself and that's another story...my mom lost her job several weeks ago and it's like one thing after the other is happening.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Please say a prayer for them when y'all can. And for me b/c i'm so crushed and saddened at all this.

**UPDATE 8/14**

Spoke to my dad today. My grandma is doing better. She is now eating and has her appetite back. Her blood levels were really high so they've decreased some of her medicines. Her kidneys are much better, but now just has a bladder infection. They are just going to monitor her for some time and hopefully be home on the weekend.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Prayer seny your way!

ChipnDaleGal
08-13-2008, 12:02 PM
I am so sorry that you have received more bad news from back home, Monica. That has to be hard to be so far away from the grandparents you love so much. Just make sure you take care of yourself right now. You don't need to get sick right now too. Wishing your family all the best as they go through all of this. Lots of positive energy and :pixie: heading your way. :hug:

Melanie
08-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Oh Monica, I'm so sorry to hear of your sad news. I totally understand how hard it is to be far away from loved ones when they are ill. :pixie: and prayers for you and your family at this tough time.

LauraleeH
08-13-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this! I know how you feel, my great-grandpa passed away from dementia last March. It was on my great-grandma's birthday, so that made it especially hard on her. She lives in Indiana and I can't go up and see her, so I know how frustrating it is to feel stuck at home. I'm praying for you and your family!

Minnie Imagineer
08-13-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Our Intercot family I know will be praying for you and your family.

:hug:

MNNHFLTX
08-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Monica, I'm so sorry for all you're going through with your grandparents' illnesses. I can imagine how you feel torn in a million different with your feelings. Donna is right, though--please take of yourself and find some ways to de-stress. We don't want you getting sick too. :hug:

And sending some :pixie: and prayers for your grandparents too. Let us know how your grandfather does with the surgery today.

wdwgrl377
08-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Thank you everyone for the prayers and pixie dust. On top of all that I am out of a job come this Friday....I was told that at the end of today's work day.

When it rains...it pours, huh?

ElenitaB
08-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Monica, I'm so sorry that you have to face all these things, and all at the same time. You and your family are in my prayers. Please let us know how your grandfather fares in the surgery.

wdwgrl377
08-14-2008, 03:03 PM
I posted an updated in my original post in this thread. The prayers and :pixie: are working! Thank you to everyone who send well wishes and prayers!

MauiMouse
08-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Monica, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. Hang in there. :pixie: