PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Question

Urbss
08-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Can a Table Service credit be used for a Counter Service meal?

Thanks,
Tom

ISLE39
08-13-2008, 10:20 AM
I Am Not Sure But Why Would You Want To Waste A Table Service Meal?

vicster
08-13-2008, 10:32 AM
I definitely would not waste a table service for a counter service. You'd be better off paying out of pocket for the counter service.

Urbss
08-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Hmm, how to explain this...

We are going during the free dining and have all of our ADRs scheduled. We have reservations for my wife, myself and our DS-3 for Le Cellier for a late lunch. I really don't know if that will be a great place to take a 3 year old. So, we could probably let my in-laws take him that afternoon (they are going to be there the same week but w/o the dining plan).

I also think it might be nicer for the 2 of us to really enjoy that meal w/o him (nothing against him, but all the other meals we are doing are character dining).

But, if he does not go with us, he'll have a Table Service credit on his account that will not get used.

Really, this isn't that big of a deal since it is "Free Dining" - but I just thought I would ask.

Thanks Again,
Tom

Figment78
08-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Your explanation makes perfect sense. I can easily see how you could end up with an unused TS credit that way. In the past, yes, you can use a TS credit for a CS meal. Just be sure to let them know (the cashier) that you are doing so. Depending on when you are going there MAY be an extra incentive kicked in (like a free snack credit) but that was only 1 time last year in response to overcrowding during free dining so don't count on it.

Enjoy Le Cellier - it's wonderful!

bertasso59
08-13-2008, 06:25 PM
This is a good question.I am going next month and only have made 2 reservations(we really lilke to play things by ear as to where we will be each day).And with the full booking at the table service restaurants,Im hoping to be able to get 2 counter service meals some days to keep things flexible.The cost doesnt matter since its free dining anyway.
I do see that next year they will offer the option of 2 counter services and 2 snacks per day.

Goes4FastPass
08-13-2008, 06:38 PM
YES you can use a TS credit for a CS meal and in your situation it may work out just fine.

Congratulations
on allowing yourself to
have an adult meal while your 3YO has
quality time with your in-laws.

Generally, I go to great lengths to make sure we use ALL of out TS credits for TS meals.

Once, during a "FREE" DDP period, WDW was super booked (like they are this year) and offered some nonsense like a CS meal and a commorative pin in place of a TS meal. Uh, no thank you.

Please don't think of your DDP credits as something you found on the ground and are "free". Free dining means you booked a resort stay and purchased MYW admission media all at 100% retail. Is free (included) dining a great deal? I think so. Is it free? No.

It's a good feeling on the last morning of a WDW vacation to use your last 'free dining' credits. Balance zero. High five.

PetefromRI
08-13-2008, 07:11 PM
"Losing" that TS credit will be worth all the money in the world if you guys can get a quiet,romantic meal out of it.I say great idea and go for it.