PDA

View Full Version : Any Updates on "T-Rex" Construction/Opening?

countrycharmer
08-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi! Has anyone heard if they have come closer to an anticipated opening for this restaurant?

Are there any current photos of it anywhere?

My thanks for all responses to come.

r4kids
08-13-2008, 04:30 PM
We are waiting for this too so we can make our Jan ressies. :mickey:

Goofster
08-13-2008, 07:58 PM
It's supposed to open the week of November 14, 2008. Google 't-rex restaurant' and you'll see some construction photos on other sites. The most recent being August 10th. The exterior looks awesome. :number1:

countrycharmer
08-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks, I had googled and seen some, but not all were extremely current. Going in late Dec. thru early Jan and kids REALLY wanted to make that a definite visit!

Have a great day!

r4kids
08-14-2008, 11:01 AM
When can we make ressies?

dixiepixie
08-15-2008, 01:26 PM
I am also waiting to make reservations here for January. Disney Dining told me to check back at the end of August to see if they were taking reservations yet.

Jasper
08-15-2008, 01:41 PM
I heard there was going to be a delay because they were waiting for another T-Rex to expire and fossilize so they could use it as a display in the restaurant!!:D:D

Seriously though, we don't currently have a trip scheduled but even my adult children are talking about us needing to plan a trip so that we can see the new restaurant!

Pop Centurion
08-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Latest pictures I've seen were from yesterday (Aug 14th) They are pictures of the giant T-Rex that's going inside. Other than the Aug 10th photos the only newer ones of the exterior are just of a newly added construction wall.
The place is looking nice so far.

Jasper
08-15-2008, 01:50 PM
I just Googled the restaurant and was looking at some of the photos. I have to say that I would have loved to have been there when that flat bed semi-trailer was pulled up outside the restaurant with a full size T-Rex on board. Then there is a photo of a skid-steer loader pulling the T-Rex under a sign! Either one of those situations would have made for an interesting sight!