PDA

View Full Version : San Diego to Disneyland

SoaringEpcot
08-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Later this month I will be making a business trip to San Diego(my first to the west coast). I was just wondering how the trip was driving up to Disneyland from San Diego? It will be a Wednesday or Thursday so how will traffic on the roads and crowds in the park be? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you,

tinkwest
08-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Very easy drive up Interstate 5, about 90 minutes. Traffic is a little heavier around Sorrento Valley, Mission Viejo, & Tustin before 9am. There are commuter lanes for about a third of the drive. If you are not traveling alone, these lanes are a great help during busy times.

Crowds should be manageable at the parks during mid week.

NotaGeek
08-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Later this month I will be making a business trip to San Diego(my first to the west coast). I was just wondering how the trip was driving up to Disneyland from San Diego? It will be a Wednesday or Thursday so how will traffic on the roads and crowds in the park be? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you,

If you don't want to drive there is a beautiful train ride (http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/HomePage) you can do from San Diego to The Angels Stadium which is a short cab ride to DLR (or city bus if you are adventurous) ... I have done the train a few times and it goes right up the coast for most of the journey.

Link Tink said, the drive is easy and fast if you have someone with you in the car.

SoaringEpcot
08-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Thank you for all of the info. We had actually considered taking the train, we've done that here in NC before. It looks like round trip for two will be about $96. Since we will probably also visit the Zoo and maybe a baseball game we will probably go with the car rental. Since we will be on eastern time leaving early is not a problem. If we leave San Diego around 6:00 am will traffic be better then?

SoaringEpcot
08-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Thank you for the information, we went on Wednesday and had a blast. I absolutly loved DL. The lines were all 10 to 20 minutes except Nemo Subs about 35. This was our first trip to DL and we hope to come back some day. There are a lot of things in Southern Cal that we did not get to do. The drive up from San Diego was no problem at all. We ended up staying until 9:00 pm. I have nothing bad to say about DL, it exceded my expatations.